Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1482&start_row=1

Marijuana

1 - 8
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: White dread Sent: 5/27/2006 5:24:49 PM

Greetings,
I was meditating yesterday, and I stumbled acrros a weird idee.
Selassie I is the living God, according to the most of you.
The most of InI smoke Marijuana. But to smoke Marijuana we haf fi dry it first. So it's a dead plant. So when we smoke ganja, weed, marijuana or whatever you want fi call it. We are inhaling something that is dead. Our lungs are being filled with smoke of dead herb.
Iman mostly thinks to deep bout some tings. But Iman wants to be really concious about Iman actions, So Iman always thinks twice bout the consequentions.

Is dis meking any sence?

One Love
Get concious today

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 5/27/2006 11:27:29 PM

Herb and Fruit is not dead when it is dry. The Life is there and the Life Itinues when I and I use it.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 5/27/2006 11:51:47 PM

Pretty much one can justify any point of view they wish. As for I, to consider it this way one must feel the same way about tea, cooked food, any medicinal herbs that are prepared to be stored for time, essentially anything that is consumed by one's body when it is not in its naturally cultivated state.
And even still, one can gain effects from herb when its fresh, its just not easily accessable to people who do not cultivate themself.

A lot of revolutionary ideas are based on semantics which is far from the real point. If it is bad to smoke herb for some people I would say that is because it exagerates mental illnesses or slows down the mind and body. The truth is that herb is not for everyone and there is nothing wrong with being Rastafarian and not smoking herb. If you feel it is beneficial, use it. If you feel otherwise, don't. Very simple, brother. No death has ever been associated to smoking herb....

Blessings and raspect for the questioning and examination for proper livity.

Rastafari!

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/28/2006 2:56:25 AM

Bless,

I think the I is looking a bit too much into this bredren. But drying the herb isnt what stops thhe life growth bredren, pulling it from the ground does that. So what food do you eat 'alive'? If I pull a carrot from the dirt and it stop growing, I 'killed' it right, so then I eat it, does that mean I'm eating something dead, well all of us for that matter. Plus bredren, do you cook your food? Is that dead?

Herb becomes living when it becomes a part of us, cause we live!

Messenger: White dread Sent: 5/28/2006 12:04:38 PM

Give Thanks.
Thanks for the wisdom from the I's
Iman is always looking deep. sometimes with positive things as a result.
Iman give thanks for your reply's

One Love

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 5/28/2006 1:23:18 PM

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 5/28/2006 1:23:18 PM

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 5/28/2006 1:23:27 PM

One must take in dead things to live, if it wasn't ever alive it doesn't have many of the nurtients required to sustain human life.

InI will be judged on the contents of InI heart not of the mouth or lungs.

WAKE UP AND LIVE

1 - 8

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I