Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1480&start_row=1

identifying hand gestures

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: nanahooter Sent: 5/25/2006 7:35:50 AM

greetings,
i was wondering if someone could please shed some light on the meaning behind certain hand signs

Damian Marley is seen doing this symbol, a friend of mine told me it represents Unity, but he often makes stuff up. Damian Marley

in the Jamrock video many people are seen making a salute from the chest. is this just a Greeting? or does it carry a meaning as well

thank you in advance

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 5/25/2006 10:33:27 AM

His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I posed for many photographs showing this sign. Iman take it to be the downward facing triangle which is half of the Star of David, or Seal of Solomon, signifying the descent of Divinity to earth; whereas the upward facing triangle represents man's accent to divinity. The unity of mankind's aspiration and Divinity's manifestation form a covenant which says "He is our God and we are His people".

Selassie is showing InI that He is the Manifestation of Divinity.

ONE LOVE

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 5/25/2006 2:07:20 PM

Blessed

This is the Magan Davidt, the Star of David or Shield of Solomon, in flesh. It represents the full star, but of course not in full geometric correctness. A spiritual thing. The Magan Davidt is a mystical symbol with many traditions and mystics behind. One of the explanations is, that the two triangles stand for ONENESS WITH JAH. The one pointing up represents JAH/Universe/Skye/Heaven/Spirit, the one pointing down the material earth. In the midst is man, and especially David and his Lineage. The Oneness with JAH. That is why you will often see the 'I' in the mid.

The salute from the heart is straight and simple a heartical salute. You will see the Bobos often do that. You know you can salute from the head/brain/mind.... and you can salute from heart.

That's all. A straight living thing.

Selah

Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 5/25/2006 2:40:22 PM

Yea Iyah

The salute from the chest means BLESSED LOVE!
Which is how we Bobos (the ones that I associate with) greet one another. Furthermore we have different says like "Heart of Love" "Blessed Heart of gathering/sabbath" so we tend to salute the chest. When we are prayin the woman use the chest sign Blessed Love and the men use the Davidic sign.

EmpressGong

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 5/25/2006 4:57:15 PM

Iyessed love,

It is known as the Salutation of Peace, also representing The Trinity.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/18/2020 4:04:57 AM

Spammers get no blessings and will never reach Zion.
Spammers only deserve bottomless pit.

GUWEH

Messenger: Black Christ Salvation Sent: 3/25/2020 3:50:25 AM

MAAAAAK'US I

SELASSIE I

JAH

RA'S

TA

FAR

EYE / I

BLAZE THE FIYAH WELL HOT....THE FIRE BALL INNA THE SKY... "THE I IN THE SKY" THE "SUN OF RIGHTEOUSNESS" (fi di B.i.b.l.e. pipo dem - that's the O.T.)

HOLY EMPEROR MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY I

RISE THE RED - BLACK & GREEN BANNER

WE ARE UNDER THE BANNERS OF LOVE... TRUE, TRUE LOVE...

CEASELESS FIRE:

the BLACK STAR LINER:

BLACK STAR LINER AIRLINE:
"PAY THE RESPECT TO THE HONOURABLE MARCUS GARVEY!"

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I