Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1478&start_row=1

To be or not to be...

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 5/23/2006 10:43:07 PM

Shakespeare posed this question through the character of Hamlet...
as if one has a choice in the matter. Interesting ways to pose the same question?:

To be [Ras Tafari] or not to be
To be [ as Emperor Haile Selassie I] or not to be
To be [the physical embodiment of the Divine] or not to be
To be [Righteous] or not ot be
To be [Nazarite] or not to be

that is the question.

Is there a choice..or is one what one is...?
Is there a middle ground? Can you sometimes be righteous and still be Ras Tafari...?

Messenger: White dread Sent: 5/24/2006 12:27:39 PM

There is no middle ground, We where all born sinners.
We have to do good and have the true intention to do good for himself and everyman. No one can be Ras Tafari. Only Him is RasTafari, we are humble servants of Jah. I don't believe in middle grounds, that would mean that people are being put in boxes on the way the act. Just be yourself and do good.

Just my food for thought

One Love

Messenger: chinyre Sent: 5/28/2006 2:45:11 PM

"We where all born sinners."-white dread

I went to my niece's "baptism" today which was done by the roman catholic church. through out the priests' sermon we were bombarded by statements of "original sin". i had to walk out because it was just too much for me to take man.

we are all Sons and Dawtas of the MOst High. we are not born sinners. we were made in His/Her Image(physical) and likeness(character). We are divinity manifested in the physical. Think about it... A cows little calves when fully matured is a.....thats right a cow. We are all Jah children when we fully spiritually mature we are ....thats right JAH!

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 5/29/2006 10:07:23 AM

Ises

Sight that. How can anything be a SIN when it comes from the most Holy and Righteous One? A baby is the most beautiful thing you know. A Baby can never be wicked, sight this is what His Majesty said. And Christ said let the Children come to me, because only those who are like the children shall enter JAH Kingdom. NO Sin could ever enter JAH kingdom.

The Foolishness of a heridetary sin has no biblical grounds. And only mental dead persons teach such evil doctrines. Sorry bredren, nothing against personally, but this is what the BEAST teaches. As the brethren said, catholic devilism!
But if you want to go biblical, as I said Christ taught the children are perfect. But JAH said to Noah that man is evil since teenhood/adulthood. Noone is born in sin. But the world is a evil one and noone can escape from this evil influences as long as living in it. The Bible explains everything clearly, and reveals that the preacher is lying. RASTAFARI

Do not be like those duppys, those living deads. You cannot get life from dead papers, even if it's the bible. Life comes from within. And when you look into the face of a newborn baby, then you must shurely be a devil in flesh when you say it is wicked, because a baby can never be wicked, HIM said! Life is the most beautiful thing in all its forms. Give Thanks for it. Do not call UNCLEAN what HE calls CLEAN. Give Thanks for the babies and the babymothers them! LOVE THEM!

Selah

Messenger: chinyre Sent: 5/29/2006 1:35:18 PM

SEEn original sins has no biblical grounds. I believe that it was/is being used by the church as some sort of missionary tool too make people go to church because of their "wickedness".

19] Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live.
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
[23] Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/29/2006 3:20:06 PM

Is someone saying they don't believe in wickedness? You don't believe that people can be bad?

Messenger: White dread Sent: 5/29/2006 5:13:33 PM

Iman meant not that when we are born, we sin. Not that.
All humans sin. Every common man has told a lie once.
That is a sin.
Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I, Iman knows it's nothing personal. Iman never take things personal here. This is a place fi learn. So Correct the I when he is wrong. We all haf much fi learn.

But if you want to go biblical, as I said Christ taught the children are perfect. But JAH said to Noah that man is evil since teenhood/adulthood. Noone is born in sin. But the world is a evil one and noone can escape from this evil influences as long as living in it. The Bible explains everything clearly, and reveals that the preacher is lying. RASTAFARI

This is what I exactly meant.

Give Thanks

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I