Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1461&start_row=31

prince emanuel edwards is not the christ

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 5/15/2006 11:43:19 PM

Blessed

"A man cannot save himself by his own power. That is basic, and logically clear. If he had the power to save himself then he would not need saving. If he is not perfect, or wholly developed and realized, then he can be saved only from the power of Jah. Jah acts within that person, but the power does not belong to that person. The power of salvation does not come from within that person."

I think I pretty much overs where you are coming from and I wouldnt be so vain as to say you are wrong, but yet still at the same time I not sure I could agree.

I believe that man does have the ability to save himself because it is his decision to be righteous and know himself or not. we are images of Jah. we are reflections and manifestations through which the IAM is known. Could you know what or who JAH is without the Body of Flesh? could you know Rastafari without seeing Selassie I, Emmanuel I, Marcus I? I dont think so.

The power to obtain salvation does belong to man because it is through man that salvation is made possible. Really study this. Think about it.

I am pretty sure that the difference in opinion regarding this is probably because we site God differently.

EmpressGong

Messenger: gideon Sent: 5/16/2006 12:15:39 AM

I don't think we have any difference in opinion. I am fully in agreement with the statement that man is saved through his own power.

The apparent paradox is because there are two perspectives being described. From the human perspective, we don't have power to save ourselves. I just mean by that that we don't know how and where to walk, in the human sense.
But spiritually we do know, and the spiritual revelation is manifest in our flesh. We walk by faith, not by sight, but still we walk by sight in the sense that we make practical decisions. The life we live is not about the practical decisions we make, but about the spiritual guidance that we manifest. As Paul said, "we do not fight against flesh and blood, but against spiritual powers". So I am saying that in the sense of practical choices we don't know where to go, but in the spiritual sense we do.
It's very confusing to think about. And hard to explain.
We follow God in our hearts even though as persons we are incapable of following God at all. It's like Jesus said, "humanly speaking it is impossible to please God, but with God, all things are possible".

Messenger: RasEmpressGong Sent: 5/16/2006 12:25:29 AM

Blessed

Seen Gideon.
Give thanks for your reply.

EmpressGong

Messenger: EmpressCarla Sent: 5/16/2006 12:42:37 PM

Blessings

gideon wrote:
"The life we live is not about the practical decisions we make, but about the spiritual guidance that we manifest."

Give thanks for the reasoning. It helped me tremendously today. Funny how the right word at the right time can help InI to see clearly...just that quickly!

Be blessed.

Messenger: Irey Iditation Sent: 5/17/2006 10:55:16 AM

blessed be to all sight. praise to JAH RAS TAFARI HAILE SELASSIE I.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I