Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1449&start_row=1

questionnaire about rastafari

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: mamadee Sent: 4/28/2006 5:56:56 AM

All about Rastafari

Hi, I'm from Hamburg (Germany) and want all Rastafari to help me. In school we must present a project, I decide me for the theme "Rastafari" because I'm interested in Jamaican Culture, Rastafari and I like to hear Reggae and Ska. So if you are interessed in my little questionnaire and want to help me than send me an e-mail with your answeres. I don't need your name or anything else it's totally anonymous. Send your answers please to swisslady86@hotmail.com . So a big thanx and here are the Question:

1. In which year are you born?
2. Where are you born? Where have you spend your childhood? And where are you living now?
3. At what time you hear the first time of Rastafari and how are you become a Rastafari?
4. What is Rastafari for you?
5. What decide it from other Religion?
6. What are the most important rituals of Rastafari?
7. Are you soking Ganja? How often?
8. Do you eat some things not because of religious reasons?
9. Have you got Dreadlocks?
10. How many other Rastafari do you know?
11. Are there special meetings between you?
12. What do you think about homosexuality?
13. What Music do you listen? (you also can say groupnames)
14. Do you drink alcohol? If not why not?
15. What idea do you have of a perfect woman/man?
16. Who is Hailie Selassie for you?
17. Which other persons are or was important for Rastafari and why?
18. Are you meber in any house like for example Nyabinghi, Bobo Ashanti or Twelve Tribes of Israel?
19. Do you have a " Holy Piby"?
20. Here you can say everything what you want to say about Rastafari or criticism!

Now you have finished it, thank you very much!!!!!
( I'm sorry but my english isn't very well) ;-)

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 4/28/2006 9:53:06 AM

Rastafari is not a religion
Rasta no work for no CIA

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 4/28/2006 12:34:25 PM

mamadee,
I think you might do better if you can provide anonymity and confidentiality for your respondents.

Iah Empress,
Please don't disparage all research, without it future generations will not overstand InI. Not a religion, but a socio-spiritual movemant ; never for the CIA or Babylon, but for those in quest of Truth who seek Rastafari.
Iman am considering a project which would rely on cooperation and input from many Rastas from all houses and mansions. Iman firmly believe that the wonderful diversity within Rastafari needs to be clearly seen and overstood as a bulwark against dogmatic Rastas who, like their orthodox Chrtistian forbears, would seek to define Rastafari by their own interpretation and make all other Rasses heretics. This project would entail defining those concepts shared by most Rastas and outlining the diverse theological traditions held by different houses within Rastafari.This kind of work cannot be done without cooperation.
Research (i.e., questionaires) is not inherently harmful, it's researchERS and their intentions that InI must check.

ONE LOVE

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 4/28/2006 2:31:06 PM

Well check it, you decide who is asking. If you want to fill out random questionaire number one, then go for it. All I'm saying is look at the questions, then look at the explination. When Mamadee explains who s/he is then I wil retract my statment. But I n I wonder why this person has not done enough research to know the basics but yet wants "all Rastafari to help me". What school? Why a questionaire? Why this forum? How is it that I am to give all my information without an explination, how does this help the Rastafari movement? Will we get to view the report? You are defending random person number one who has only stated they are from Hamburg, Germany and left an email address that may or may not be their own. How will future generations not overstand if there is no research? What ever happened to the oral tradition? And how is this questionaire "all research"? Think about it, bredren. Who is this person?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/28/2006 3:02:37 PM

I man haffe stand with i Empress on this one
I nah do No Survey

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 4/28/2006 3:16:34 PM

COOL COOL

InI are in 100% agreement here. As I said:"it's researchERS and their intentions that InI must check".

Check I mssg again, I also said: "never for the CIA or Babylon, but for those in quest of Truth who seek Rastafari".

I motivation was purely to protect legitimate research from being cast out with them here to watch and peep, informants and bag-o-wyah.

Seen?

LOVE AN ONLY LOVE

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/28/2006 10:18:20 PM

Love brethren
you dont need to ask i to check your msg again or explain your motivation for i sight what you are trying to put across. Perhaps i should explain my position
For i, its not even a question of the intent of whosoever is doing this research. whether "legitimate research" or "informants and bag-o-wyah", i dont see any need on i part to answer these questions.seen, i man dont want no man or woman out there to try and define who or what i am. Iam that Iam. seen I sight Rastafari as a philosiphical belief system where i seek after knowlegde and my beliefs are subject to changes and restructuring within times and places, Evolution of the mind and spirit to higher and higher heights, within the one absolute, unchangable,indestructable Truth, that is Emperor Haile Selassie I King of Kings and Lord of Lords Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah Elect of HIMself and Light of this World if the Almighty JAH, Creator and Earth Rightful Ruler.
This just I opinion and i dont have any problem with one and ones helping with this research, if you can help shine some light on InI livity for this dark world to see and change even a lil bit of its dirty ways, who am i to disagree?

Love
Rastafari

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 4/29/2006 1:06:25 AM

RESPECT IAH

The I must do as the I sees fit, I overstand fully.

InI know this is a small matter, but if a questionaire is truly anonymous what harm could come from speaking your Truth as the I sees it in the moment?

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/29/2006 8:00:58 AM

Anonymity is not i concern. im not trying to hide from no one

Is it just I or do any of the idem feel that, from the questions being asked, this person already knows a lot about Rastafari tenets and concepts?
it wasnt by accident i used the word survey instead of research.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 4/29/2006 10:12:07 AM

Let me break this down.

"In school we must present a project,"
What school, what class, what's the theme of the project?

"I decide me for the theme "Rastafari" because I'm interested in Jamaican Culture, Rastafari and I like to hear Reggae and Ska."
Why is Rastafari in quotes? And look at the refrences ... "Jamaican Culture, Rastafari... Reggae and Ska", doesn't that seem odd?
Is this really what Rastafari is about?

Now for the actual, questionaire...

Why do you need to know my age, place of birth and current adress; how anonymous is that?
Then it goes on to ask how long I have been Rasta, how and why I became Rasta and then furthermore inquires to my religious rituals... assuming Rastafari was a religion, why would I give a stranger ulimited access to my religious ceremonies without requiring entry to my covenant?
Then I'm asked to incriminate myself, detail my eating habits and identify my hairstyle.
It goes on to ask me to idetify my Idren, my temple, my sexual prefrence (wow), my taste in music and my soulmate.
Then it comes to a close by asking me to take them to my leader (excuse the synicism but I couldn't resist the cliche), my tribe, my scripture and my opinion.

How does this person know about His Majesty, the tribes and the Piby withouth knowing that Rastafari is not a religion?

"So if you are interessed in my little questionnaire and want to help me than send me an e-mail with your answeres."
Help "me" what? Don't forget, "me", will have your email address.
Furthermore "me" is a swisslady from Hamburg, Germany.... hmmm..
Who says "Now you have finished it, thank you very much!!!!!" and then excuses it by saying "my english isn't very well", how convinent is that.. wink and all?

I don't know family, I'm not convinced.

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I