Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1446&start_row=1

biblical scholar Bart D Ehrman

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 4/26/2006 3:35:06 PM

This author whom Iman have recommended so many times was interviewed on NPR's Fresh Air today:

http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13

Messenger: White dread Sent: 4/26/2006 7:20:10 PM

Give Thanks!!
Very Uplifting. What is your opinion about Jezus and Maria Magdalene having children?

One Love

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 4/26/2006 8:42:13 PM

Very doubtful, there is no evidence whatever.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 4/26/2006 10:59:47 PM

Jesus didn't have any children but he did have brothers and sisters.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 4/28/2006 12:42:13 PM

Yes I,

One has to ignore scripture to insist that Jesus was an only child.

I think the idea comes from Christian sex-phobia, i.e., "Mary was too Holy to have sex!" or mysogony as in "the only way a woman could be acceptable to God is if she denied her own sexuality."

WAKE UP AND LIVE

Messenger: JAH Coyote Sent: 4/29/2006 8:10:58 PM

A lot of people get things into their head about the Bible that really don't matter. Jesus having children, Him being an only child. A lot of confusion and foolishness STILL. What needs to be of concern to InI is the message Christ bring, which is so clear when reading the Bible. Obviously Mary had a husband and why would she be married if there was no physical affection- all them things are just normal logic, seen, since she is a human and we are all humans we can relate on the basic human level. Some people just get these ideas in their heads that such Godly people are so beyond humanity- the truth is that to overstand the Godliness of these PEOPLE we must overstand them as PEOPLE and relate to them on this level. How are we supposed to learn from someone who from they beginning is far beyond us? What is the point of them living among us? What is important for us to see is that the way in which we are created is holiness. Our bodies are holy, our minds and souls are holy as long and we maintain them in such a way. What differentiates Mary and Jesus is that they maintained such a holiness- human holiness. Man is created in the image of JAH. Jesus is so much guided by JAH that his life on earth is one in the same with the life the ALmighty live- the eternal existence that keeps life living- that keeps the universe revovling and constantly moving.

JAH guidance and love
-JAH Coyote

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I