Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1397&start_row=11

Fiyah pon Capleton

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Osiris Sent: 3/23/2006 1:17:24 PM

Fire pon Reggae music!?

Right, burn the choir and keep the church.

Let me just ask this, how many here were first introduced to Rastafari through Reggae music?

Like John the Baptist, Reggae artists were the first messengers to tell of His Majesty. Reggae made the message available to the world. How is it that there are bredren of all nations that now praise Rastafari? It is because of Reggae music.

"Nah forget mi Roots"
-Clinton Fearon

Messenger: zionI Sent: 3/23/2006 2:06:41 PM

Let Jah arise now that the enemies are scattered, battered and shattered.

He who exalts himself shall be abased.

Keep the I's sight focused sharply on the King of Kings.

Let all other pretenders and false prophets do their thing...it'll all blow away with the wind.

Jah Ras Tafari

Messenger: Mau Mau Sent: 3/23/2006 11:43:58 PM

Greetings idren and sistren,

I would like to big up all Jah man and wombman, that have spread Jah message through the music..reggae music. Capelton is an artist. I did not favorably view the act of being carried on a throne but if I am not wrong this was a Sting concert and we all know Sting is a stageshow of antics. If to hype up the crowd one is to come dressed up in a costume, get carried on a throne and have big flares of fire when getting to the stage; I have no problem with it...it's just a show. Nuff time some of the things some reggae artistes utter might not be in line with the teachings of H.I.M...I don't condemn them still. Truth is not to be found by hanging onto every word or action of a reggae artist, but through consciously searching. I have to say reggae music has made me aware of many different things, which I have then searched into deeper by reading widely and holding reasonings with other rastas. I will therefore not bash reggae even when some lyrics of some reggae songs are not upful. Nyahbinghi though is the ultimate kind of music to worship and praise Rastafari.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/24/2006 12:44:36 AM

We are all Kings, as ciriefader said.

Haile Selassie I is the King of Kings, and RasTafarI people are the Kings from that Line.

Why worry about a next man who wants to sit on a throne. He paid for the throne and he paid the people that carried him. Capleton never put anybody lower then him, others only make themselves lower.

It is better to rise yourself instead of fighting a next man who rises himself. Just know that rising yourself has nothing to do with making anyone else lower. Rising is one thing and lowering is another. So I and I are to Rise without lowering anyone. Rise and see all who you are, I and I were created to have Dominion over the Earth and help everything run in balance. I and I are created in the image of God Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I, but were given the option to choose a different image.

-------------------------------------------------
Marcus - God In Man
Friday, August 26, 1927

0 weary son of sorrow great!
How apt art thou to bow and grieve,
And count all things thy solemn fate,
As if thou canst not self retrieve!

May I not tell the story true
Of that Eternal Force that is-
The Force that makes the world and you;
The Force that rules and ever lives?

Thou art the living force in part,
The Spirit of the Mighty I;
The God of Heaven and your heart
Is Spirit that can never die.

You're what you are in heart and mind,
Because you will it so to be;
The man who tries himself to find,
Is light to all, and great is he.

In each and every one is God,
In everything atomic life;
There is no death beneath the sod,
This fact, not knowing, brings the strife.
-------------------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/27/2006 9:01:22 AM

Question to ponder for White Dread?

If Selassie I is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and HE is

who are the Kings that he is King of? Are not Iman joint heirs to da kingdom?

does not our acceptance of Selassie, make us royalty?

please respond, I'm interested to here your take on dis

RSK

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 3/27/2006 9:35:45 AM

Ras Systren:
i think we are all kings by virtue of what we know from our ras tafari/religious/education... knowledge is power and we cannot help but be kings and queens for the people in our lives...

as i said earlier if you fold a piece of paper into triangles you get 1 big triangle made up of lots of smaller triangles
and there will be 144,000 of them all as one mind ...gods chosen people at the end of the world...

I beleive we will inherit further knowledge at this point and may possibly migrate into new worlds inside something like an x box!!!
VR(reality) computer systems...where earth will then become the next heaven!!! and our children will be born into these new worlds....

As mentioned in the word thread
you will notice the colours silver/grey, rose, amber, jade (JAR)
it is serendipitous that the africa/ethiopian colours red, gold, green when white is added to these colours then it is the colours of love and also unity between black and white (silver also being reflective) like unity on a chess board
trinity unity and peace !!! King of kings!!!

i'm so happy!!

:

Messenger: White dread Sent: 3/27/2006 5:25:15 PM

Ras Sistren Khamyl,

I Iverstand your point, and you are right.
But him being carried on stage..Iman don't know how to explain but it doesn't feel right. We are are kings, so where the ones carrying him. There is only one King Of Kings. Iman cyaan really explain. Iman just haf a bad feeling bout it.

One Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/28/2006 6:53:15 AM

Fyah pon the critic
If you don know the ghetto stop talk of ghetto life

Stop talk about the idren and strive to be the king of your own house. Use thy God given talents. Gather the poor ghetto youths around you, educate them, Teach them of Rastafari, feed and nourish them, cloth them and give them shelter. So they can,one day, stand on their own two feet and become kings and queens of their own house. Just look pon Jah Cure, Fantan MoJah etc...
Bless King Shango of David House
Bless King Kalongi of Judgement Yard ( Turbulence a king of him own house now....a so it go)

Lion Roar

Messenger: gideon Sent: 3/31/2006 6:45:02 PM

These brethren just expressing their feelings. They don't see it as a nice thing to be on a chair. But it is no reason to belittle them and call them critics.
Still, it's a mistake to think that Capleton is wrong for his actions. He is a king and prophet and an entertainer, who brings the message of rasta in his act. So it is all part of his works. If he made a mistake or not, I don't know. Life is not about being perfect, physically speaking. It is worthless to think about that. Children of the spirit don't really worry with material concepts and try to justify themselves and eachother with law. Once Capleton and IandI know Jah then we are pure in heart, and that's all that counts.
So let us reason about that.
If anyone sees the actions of any Ras and has a problem then that person needs to meditate and conquer that problem, because the problem is in their own mind, and their own reaction, and not it what the Ras is doing.
Anyway, big up to Capleton. Anyone should know he is a great man and a skilful musician. And every works of a Ras is pure and perfect. If he made a mistake or not, his actions are still pure and perfect. That is what it means to be justified by faith, not works, and to live by the spirit and not material things.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/31/2006 9:36:39 PM

Fyah pon Capleton. This is the subject title of this whole topic. This is how the idem "express their feelings"? And i am the one being accused of belittling?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 49

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I