Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1363&start_row=31

Matisyahou

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/11/2006 10:51:02 PM

Say what you want, but that bredren had kids with a lot of people and its not hear say talk, Bob Marley set up money accounts for those kids. Maybe hes playing solomon? In any case, Bob Marley was a figure for African Freedom and World Wide Redemption, and I take nothing from Bob Marley, but I don't assign titles to him that aren't his either. A lot of people are making that man more than what he was which is simply a man. I'm not suggesting that the members here on this board are idolizing him in that sense, but people talk about Bob being like a new Christ and I have to bun that.

Bob Marley did wonderful things and still inspires many people and maybe if his family one day decides to get with the program and actually spend Bob's money on the institutions that he wanted created, then even without the flesh he can still acomplish more.

Sorry, man whore wasn't the best word, but its hard to tie a pretty bow around something ugly.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/11/2006 11:17:51 PM

Keep your apology brethren. Last thing i expected is to come to a Rasta site and see Bob being called a whore. You speak as if you know what is in a mans heart but Jah see whats in yours. How many rasta people out there would still be rasta if they had never heard that Igelic voice? When you have accomplished a fraction of what this man has THEN MAYBE you can talk about him.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/11/2006 11:26:14 PM

I mean ,come on man ,you said it yourself, he is just a man. Then accordingly you should know every man have his strenths and his weakneses. So why do you slander and breakdown your brothers name when you should glorify all his good works?

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/12/2006 5:49:26 AM

Your right, I'm sorry.

Messenger: White dread Sent: 3/13/2006 10:41:29 AM

Bob marley is often seen as a prophet. because he is the one that made reggae populair to the big public. He is still a man and has his weaknesses, But weakness is a thing fi fight. And cheating is not just a weakness, is a sin. So he is not a prophet. In my opinion. Let us not judge Bob, we have also sin. Only the one without sin may judge. Let Rastafari judge his actions.

One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I