Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1363&start_row=21

Matisyahou

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: rastaheart Sent: 3/10/2006 4:10:10 PM

The lead singer of the Reggae band Mongoose is Orthodox Jew from Morocco. He sings in English, French and Hebrew. I see a lot of Ethiopians attending their concerts for some reason. He also does not perform on the Sabbath. He's very respected in the L.A. scene. The original bass player for Steel Pulse, Ronnie McQueen plays with them.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/10/2006 4:19:05 PM

I didnt know about the hasidic jew before but if what has been said is true, it is regretful that the sistren would compare Rasta to that. And dont tell me about who "claim to be rasta". if a rasta then a rasta, if a heathen then a heathen. When i asked about the hasidic jew i did not ask about "who claim to be hasidic jew". InI asked what is the philosophy of the hasidic jew.
So i ask again, is what has been said true? Right now im going on a fact finding mission. If these people have any racist views about any race, let alone the race that gave this music to the world, then my sistren, ini need to have a long reasoning about it.
In the meantime
let them who want to listen to that go ahead and listen.. As for i , I have no shortage of true rasta bredren and sistren to hear. Idren who are as Midnite say "Ras to the Bone".

Messenger: rastaheart Sent: 3/10/2006 4:27:01 PM

Ras KebreAB Rasta does not have a monopoly on reggae music. One doesn't have to be Rasta to play Reggae, true?

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/10/2006 5:48:30 PM

The kings music?

Perhaps to some of the i dem, its just a coincidence that at the same time that Jah came and revealed Himself unto InI in HIS new name, this new music came into creation to take His message to the four corners of the earth. To I this is Jah Works and not a coincidence. Just I opinion.
Saying that i cant force anyone to do or not to do anything. I just have a monopoly on who i chose to listen to.

Bless

Messenger: zionI Sent: 3/10/2006 7:42:19 PM

"Music nuh reggae jus cause dem se it reggae...reggae is reggae no matta who sing it... who feels it knows it"

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/11/2006 5:28:34 AM

FIRST OFF, REGGAE IS NOT A HOLY MUSIC! IF IT WERE HOLY THEN THE HEATHEN WOULD SHOW NO INTEREST. WHY AREN'T THE HEATHEN ATTENDING IYAHBINGHI CEROMONY? BECAUSE IT IS HOLY! REGGAE IS CLUB MUSIC. AND YES I LIKE REGGAE, BUT ITS NOT NYAHBINGHI ORDER. TO MUCH LOOSE MEN AND WOMAN, CIGGARETTE, ALCOHOL, AND DRUGS IS GOING ON AT REGGAE SHOWS. 1000 PEOPLE AT A SHOW AND 150 ARE 'RASTA'. nUFF "RASTA" WANT TO GO TO REGGAE SHOWS BUT NOT WANTING TO ATTEND ISES.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/11/2006 8:50:29 AM

If a 1000 heathen at a reggae concert and the message reach one of them then the music has done its work. Remember that if nothing else. I mean its easy to say heathen this and heathen that isnt it? But even if some may do wrong it gives gladness to i heart to see all race and colour of people inite under this banner.
"WHY AREN'T THE HEATHEN ATTENDING IYAHBINGHI CEROMONY? BECAUSE IT IS HOLY!"
The heathen dont come to Iyahbhinghi but to reggae concerts? is this your foundation for stating that reggae is not holy? You forget that many "heathen" have nyahbhinghi music like Ras Micheal in their homes?

Nyahbhinghi is the foundation of all music,Nyahbhinghi is the sound of creation itself but still I nah care what anyone may say, Black Woman and Child is Holy to I, Till Shiloh is Holy,Virtous Woman is Holy to I..Now which Rasta is going to tell i that BoB Marleys music is not Holy
Anything that i feel in my heart was made with a clean heart and a firm meditation towards mount zion is Holy to InInI

Blessed Word Sound an Power

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/11/2006 2:16:05 PM

Ras Micheal is hardly what I would call strict nyahbinghi. its still reggae. yes actually 850 people at the concert that need be reached, but they not going to get it from reggae, cause reggae didn't have nothing till Rasta gave it the life, so is still the teaching of Rastafari that they look for, not reggae music.

A lot of these reggae singers talking about Africa this and Africa that but even still they got a whole heap of this money and they just going to new york or everywhere else but were there talking about in the song. Everybody got money for reggae, but have no strength to send to the elders. So many going to reggae but not groundation. Its more than Jah love and listen to reggae and smoke ganja then everything just nice, fyah. This is a black liberation movement.

THE WORD HOLY MEANS SEPERATE. IF EVERYONE BUT RASTA IS AT THESE SHOWS THEN WHAT IS SEPERATE ABOUT IT. WHY SO MANY DRUGS AND FUCKERY WITH SEX AND SO FOLLOW REGGAE. NYAHBINGHI ORDER BREAK DOWN JERICHO WALLS, NOT REGGAE.

YOU WANT TO HEAR RASTAFARI TELL YOU BOB MARLEY ISN'T HOLY OR REGGAE MUSIC? CALL THE EABIC AND THOSE BREDREN WILL TELL YOU TILL YOUR BLUE IN THE FACE.

BOB MARLEY, AS MUCH AS I RESPECT HIS WORKS, WAS KINDA A MAN WHORE. HE SLEPT WITH ALOT ALOT ALOT OF WOMAN. SO IF HIS WORDS ARE HOLY BUT FEET DON'T FOLLOW WHATS THAT SAY?

I DON'T HATE BOB MARLEY OR REGGAE, BUT PEOPLE LISTENING TO REGGAE LIKE THAT WERE THE SALVATION COMES FROM.
BLESS

Messenger: Cush Sent: 3/11/2006 7:41:32 PM

Greetings Bredren and Sistren.
Dreadnut. If Nesta wasn't holy how did he get to wear His Majesty Ring. The same ring after Bob leaves the flesh all the other Rases in Jamaica want. Irrespective of what people wants to think of Bob it was Ordain for him to spread Jah Muzik which is reggae muzik. The father says I call upon my singers and players of instrument all my springs are in thee. You have people use the muzik for good and some for bad. People listen to reggae muzik for comfort and medicine for the spirit.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/11/2006 9:49:04 PM

"BOB MARLEY, AS MUCH AS I RESPECT HIS WORKS, WAS KINDA A MAN WHORE."

James .3.10. Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
11. Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

Humble thyself brethren

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I