Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1363&start_row=11

Matisyahou

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/4/2006 7:50:27 PM

Blessed love rasta far I

Ras KebreAB, raspect for the comments... went back to read again the thread and i see that i "diatribe" was long, but know that it was not directed at the I. Seen, InI did go off because of the previous comment made earlier in the thread, about this and that..

ALSO I do not consider it a great thing to be on Leno, so the comment about who "deserves to be showcased on the international level" just doesn't speak to rasta....

Pardon, I realize that i-self put forth the JLeno thing with the comments made earlier by another one and the stealing of culture for money and that i burn fiayh....I don't watch these tv shows becuz there is no value for culture that would make i have such sour grapes about this or that. I see having less raspect for the man for being on this show, yet that is a judgement that i don't make cuz i don't watch those shows.

So to answer the questions about Hasidic jews.. i overstanding is that they live an orthodox meditative trod pious and that prayer is the constant vibration to the most high, every word and thought is omnipresent to the most high irator. They wear thier beards, wear headcoverings, acknowledge friday sundown shabbot, ritual bathing, they live communally, have their form of language yiddish, originated from the persecution of jews...like the vow of the nazerite....separateness, seeking a life of righteousness. And that is the livity.

This is a little bit of what i looked up on Matisyahu. I hear the man as someone with one love with the spirit of the most high a message of unity and righteousness justice. He not put a name on anyone....It is a mystical thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matisyahu

I repeat that musik is powerful, it has the rhythm..no i do not hear him call out rasta far i, yet he comments in lyrics that "bob nesta says it best..." One of his songs talk about the rebuilding of the temple, and the raspondsibilty of the King....we are the music..

As for Sizzla, it is a personal thing some of the choice of lyrics becuz of being a wombman i-self... i see that sizzla intentions may not be to dis....i must say that...and yet the words used against woman still sting....ya checK? I acutally have more sizzla music than any other artist, seen, so i know ini and jah knows i livity.

I see totally the i point about being aware of consciousness in the white man world, being aware of hypocrisy, i see that point cleary

I experience with this music was conscious musick and word, like all vibes i chose to see and hear...i listen only to reggae 98% of the time, so the other 2% must be uplifting and heartical...

the point about coming half and half.. i don't overstand that...2 halves make a whole, half is a whole die-vided and ini don't deal with DIE-vision. blessed i am for the clarification
love is the only law to obey

Music is Inversal.....it is energy that moves all of Iration... music is sound-power-word....no one has a corner market on it. ones may market thier lyrics and their use of instruments and vocals in a way that babylon deems legal and not so that some one or something can profit.. but the music come from the Most High the First and therefore it is posseseed all but owned by none....Pure energy spirit of the whole consciousness that has no words because it is wholly....Wholly spirit..this is the message of the Most High rasta far i Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/5/2006 3:49:06 AM

Blessed Sistren
give thanks for your words.I man truly apprecilove your words .Well it is true ini dont give a f!!!! about jay leno but you have to admit sistren, dont you feel just a little irritated to see them opening doors to some when they wouldnt let others even look through the key hole. And im not saying i want to look through them keyhole but sometimes the hipocricy is so blatant and in your face that you must feel.....well i know you got my meaning already.
Give thanks for the info on the hasidic jews. That is what is really important to i for i must know what they are bringing into this music

As for the "half and half" thing perhaps this might make my intended meaning clear ( and this isnt nessesarily for matisyahu)
Rev 3 15/16
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Give thanks again sis
Rastafari love

" Where was all them boys when i was chanting
They wanna eat up the fruit from the tree that i man planted"

BIG YOUTH off of Musicology

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/5/2006 11:40:46 AM

This is the first time I have heard of Matisyahou, and I still haven't heard any of his songs.

It is not that surprising though that a white man will do good in the white man's music scene and charts. It appeals to their largest customer base. Especially also since he is a jew and jewish people have a big role in the music and film industry. Just as Japanese rap, rock and reggae musicians are more popular in Japan.

It does irritate I though when I hear some songs that sound similar to reggae, but sound so bad to I, and still get so high in the charts and are played so often. For example, "When The Night Feels My Soul" by Bedouin Soundclash. There was also another song that kind of sounded like reggae that became very popular at the same time as that song and actually sounded very similar to that song, but I can't remember the name or the band.

The reason those two songs irritated I was that there are so many reggae songs that sound so much better then those songs, but never rise up on the charts. But songs like those that in comparison sound so bad, so easily become so popular.

And what I mentioned about the North American music industry appealing to their largest customer base is only part of the story. The other part is that if the music industry promoted good reggae songs the way the promote others, it would become the desire of their customer base.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/5/2006 3:38:56 PM

Blessed.....rasta far i
Give thanks and praises to the most high rasta far i, Bredrens, I site the I ras KebreAB, seen. Give thanks for the clarification of that hot and cold, seen, i fee that was theintent just didn;t see the connection to the singer.

Ras ark I, the comments seen, and still it go back to the money part of it. That is why it is so important to support the local artists and that Rasta newtwork on these vibes. I do some shows selling my craft and there is few rasta attending these shows, and that is overstood cause it blessed that the conscious message...These ones have some sort of connection to the music, even if it because they went to the caribbean for spring break.

It is essential that rasta site the blessed skills and utilize them and that the community put out these people. Few get big record deals, that is the reality accross the board, but be reminded that years ago pearl jam went independant from a production company and still thier musick went national. Ones need to get on the local access stations and build a foundation on the masses of independent thinkers, and play the musick of the bredrens and sistren....to bring a grass roots exposure cuz those people are the ones who appreciate the local groups that they can afford to buy the musick and attend a show, and be part of the musik.

The cultural community is ESSENTIAL and is GROWING... build up the community.....Because that is where the fan base is. Having the fan base, it don't matter if one ever get a record deal, cuz then the musik can do it own thing and if a record company want to produce, well then the musick set the rules for the musik.

Just some thoughts...
CULTURE must not be stolen or sold......and is organic and POWERFUL

Blessed love rasta far i
haile i selassie i

Messenger: travistheone Sent: 3/5/2006 6:51:42 PM

Blessing pon the man that can come and put a positive message into the culture that so desperatly thirsts for it. im white, bob marley was half white. fiyah pon the man that judge due to a skin color or anything trivial like that. you cant fight rascism with rascism.

FIYAH is oppisite of RASPECT
i have only fiyah for any bigot that no RASPECT a man who trods ITES and praise his creator, and brings no hate to the world.

be ashamed for hate.

Messenger: JahIseek Sent: 3/6/2006 8:06:13 AM

Giving THANks and PRAIZE ITINUALLY to the Hola One of Iration
Haile Selassie Ist
EARTHs RIGHTFUL RULER
SELAH!

Bless-ed Love,

Firstly, I quote Travis;

FIYAH is oppisite of RASPECT

Not TRUE! FIYAH is for the PURIFICATION. Fiyah burns and NEW GROWTH comes forth to REPLENISH JAH BEAUTIFUL EARTH.. Seen?

I brought this issue about feeling a way.. NOT because of the whiteness of his flesh. Although, as has been stated, due to the whiteness of his flesh babiwrong is QUICK to big him up. And yes, I WILL ITINUALLY BLAZE the FIYAH on the partiality of babiwrong and its white supremacist shitstem.
SELAH!

Second, it may be because of I time spent in New York, where MANY hasidic jews live and the WICKED ways THEM TREAT ANY ONE WHO IS NOT a hasidic jew. Say whatever ya want about their "pious" livity - but ACTIONS show I different. And yes... I BUUUN HOTTAH FIYAH pon that also. ESPECIALLY the way them treat Black people in New York. A WICKED WICKED somthing. If ones havent witnessed it first had, ones may not real eyes it. These 'jews' are the same ones who CLAIM to be something they are not.. point in fact JEWS.. For the ORIGINAL AND TRUE JEWS were of a COMPLETELY different FLESH. CHECK how they TREAT the BETA ISRAEL ITHIOPIAN ORIGINAL JEWS.. Saying they need to 'recircumsize themselves' and all other kind of madness. FIYAH.

THIRD, WHEN EVER did "jews" FIGHT ALONG SIDE BLACK IDREN????

Listen, this is a racist shitstem .. I real eyes that... AND IT DOES vex I to see how ones and ones who have STRUGGLED so long to get promoted.. Get NO WHERE and some white 'jew' comes along outah NO WHERE and is all of a sudden he's IVERYWHERE... Yes I am sure it is due to the fact that many networks are owned by jews also. No doubt about that. But I cannot support the partiality.

Granted I havent heard complete songs of his.. BUT IT DOES SEEM TO I.. that he is trying to SOUND JAMAICAN. Taking MUSICAL vibe from JAMAICA.. trying to SOUND like a JAMAICAN.. and then does he think AT ALL to give FORWARD TO JAMAICA??

I just feel this is WRONG and I will not support it.

Sis Jahseekah

Messenger: JahIseek Sent: 3/6/2006 12:17:44 PM

I-ses!

Just to be CLEAR...

I SUPPORT RAS TAFARI MUSIC HAILING IANDI KING HAILE SELASSIE Ist! Showing TRUTH and RIGHTEOUSNESS in IandI Ivine Livity!

THAT is the CULTURE and LIVITY and TRUTH I feel must be TOLD!

So if it had been "Groundation" (as was mentioned earlier) I would SAY YES I! SPREAD JAH MESSAGE.. SEEN!?

SELAH!

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 3/7/2006 12:46:19 AM

I heard short parts of this man's music on MTV. It does sound good, however, I have not looked into it much deeper than that.

Without knowing more detail about this man's beliefs, righteousness, love of jah, and background, I would like to mention that it is good to see reggae getting air-time in the babylon system, there is far from enough of it. This is generally speaking without knowing all lyrics and points as mentioned above, yet. I however do wonder myself too that this person (seemingly) comes out of nowhere and gets hyped up by the media i.e MTV.

Now, regarding the american music industry vs caribbean music scene: I briefly talked with a record shop owner in the virgin islands about this, and I believe it is much like this, in the caribbean people listen much more to the music and lyrics and if it sounds good it will be played and "passed around", the US however looks at an artist foremost to check if they think he or she is marketable without many times lookinga their abilities. Its all about marketing to the US masses and to make the most amount of money, always the same shitstem.

Having said this, I also like to say that I as of now have much love and respect for this man and dont blame him for being preferred over other artists (as mentioned on this post,possibly becaus of his color or religion) For it is first the system that picks and chooses in this babylonian way and not this artist. So good to see someone being able to spread their message by making use of the babylonian system to reach broader audiences.

Of course the I still wonders about motivations, closeness to H.I.M. among other things, but I dont see this as a black-white thing for even if this was not a white man the question would still linger for it is a general question about thruth and righteousness.

Much love to all of Jah Children posting here,

One Love

Bergy

Messenger: White Boy Sent: 3/10/2006 3:32:30 AM

Yes, Jah-Rastafari see no skin color. Jah only see de color of blood. Which pumps in all of LIFE bodies. Color be no issue. Da hate of color be de issue.

White Boy speakin---raspect---sayin
JAH-RastafarI

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 3/10/2006 9:22:39 AM

Bless....I just wanna say that the man does not sound jamaician or that much like reggae, he sounds more a blend of hip hop and rock with conscious word, if one needs to attach any sort of genre..

The bredrein who met Matisyahu (just two weeks ago)told i that Matisyahu went to the elders in Israel to get permission to go about on these tours and such. The man does not perform on the Shabbot.

I site that many ones who are commenting on this are not even familar with the music and yet have all the info on the Babylonian $hit$temization of this musican...I didn't know how "BIG" the man was until the ones and ones brought forth such things. Ras pect that ones would be open to the message as ones are to the propaganda of the the $hti$tem,

The vibes of the music i site are mystical such as vibes of Bunny Wailer, Sizzla, Peter Tosh, Buju Banton, Nasio.

Blessed Love Rasta far I
i not here to defend Matisyahu nor Sizzla nor anyone who can defend themselves by thier livity as Jah knows and ini not into judgement of things that I do not see.....The comments about how the hasidic jews are in NY can be said about many ones who cliam to be Rasta and ones andones know this is true cuz i site a lot of JUDGEMENT on this board about things ones have no direct contact with.

WHenever someone comments on some nice about culture why does it have to have fiyah....see the intent..

It has been said that
1) MANY hasidic jew are such and such
2) It has been said that Matisyahu was on Leno
3) It has been said that he sounds like he is this or that.

These comments add no essence to whether the man is speaking truth.
Here are a few random lyrics that speaks to ini

of course the are incomplete without the music

"Lord lift me up from the ground
I've been here too long"

"we build up the temple on brick at a time."

"Passion flames burn high in I belief.."

"protection surrounds me like sunblaze"

"flames dancing like a lion roaring"

"i give myself to u from the essence of my being"

"open my lips & my mouth shall declare your praise"

"u're a prince & a priest & u can't be moved, ur a warrior fighting for your soul, taken from the heavens above and brought down to this world below...renunite them reunite them, like days of ur youth..."

"Your a slave to your self and u don't even know, when u try to stay high ur bound to stay low"

"Bob Nest says it best..."

Bless....
Rasta far I
Haile I Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 35

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I