Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1356&start_row=1

confused

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: King Jabba Sent: 2/27/2006 3:17:05 PM

Greetings in the name of His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I,

I have a problem dealing wit a female that i am talking to , she tells I that she loves me and i feel the same but don't know how to show it because she constantly wants me to go to church with her and i don't want to go to church with her because i don't want to listen to the false preaching.....my whole problem is do i go to church with her and pretend to be listening or should i juss not deal with her anymore...... Please help me

Guidance & Love
Bless

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/27/2006 3:21:42 PM

Be yourself at all times. If you don't go to church then don't go. If you feel like maybe the church have something good to say then go.

If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours, if not then it never was.

Peace

Messenger: Sistah Sent: 2/27/2006 6:22:10 PM

Greetins King Jaba, In my opinion you should go to church with her and listen to what her preacher says, and when the service is over show her the falsehood he or she is preaching. Each one must teach one and you can show her the difference. If you love her and she loves you the same. Ensure that she understands your teachings. Just show her that Babylon teachings are not all what they appear to be. If she feels she cant handle it then mi brethren you must let go. Bless Sistah

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/27/2006 7:07:13 PM

If two people aren't able to accept that each will have their own relationship with the Divine, their own view of the Truth then they are not ready for a mature loving relationship.

Going to church with her to tell her where she is wrong and you are right is a bad foundation on which to build.

(Just my opinion of course)

...And this from one who has many problems with mainstream Christianity.

ONE PERFECT LOVE WILL OPEN JAH DOOR

Messenger: zionI Sent: 3/1/2006 12:57:39 AM

Yes Rasta

InI deal with each dilemma by asking 'what would HIM tell InI to do in these circumstances?"

Every Rastaman has a direct line of communication with Jah- listen carefully and HIM will guide you as to what YOU must do.

Love and Guidance

Messenger: White dread Sent: 3/1/2006 10:39:32 AM

Greetings,
I man see no problem to go to church with her. If the I's faith is strong enough then there will be no problem. But if you go with her to church I feel that see should also "take a look" in your way of life. Accept that you both are different and respect each other. tell her how you feel about church and why you think those things and so on. A loving relationship ( if you are planning that with her ) should not be broken apart because of your different ways of looking at God.

One Love

White Dread
Selassie I
JAH RasTafari

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 3/1/2006 5:01:24 PM

If she does in fact love you, rather than the idea of you, then you should be able to reason with her on why you don't want to participate in her religion. But to me bredren, it sounds like she has a "if he would only..." type of attitude, which can't work. If the only problem the two of you have in your relationship is the debate about religion, then you should be able to overcome it with little to no friction. Faith is an important part of a person and therefore an important part of a relationship. You should never compromise yourself for someone else, if you must do this to make a relationship "work" then you're in the wrong relationship. So be honest with yourself and with her and everything will work out.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/1/2006 11:49:08 PM

Nzingha is right,

If the sistren wants to go to church then it is her choice, but you also have your own choice.

One thing you have to be careful about is that she might be silently hoping that you turn away from RasTafarI and be Catholic. It is not that she is a bad person for thinking that if she in fact does, because she has been taught that the Catholic way is essential for salvation.

So don't be harsh about it but explain nicely to her that you are RasTafarI and they don't speak of things of interest to you in the Catholic church. You need to make sure she knows that she is not going to change you and that if she wants to Itinue with you that she has to want to be with the person that you are. Otherwise problems will develop in the future.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: King Jabba Sent: 3/2/2006 12:49:29 AM

I man would like 2 thank all of the I's for helping but i took da advice of if it was meant 2 b then we would come bacc 2 one another

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I