Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1355&start_row=1

Where is the promised Land?

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Kymauni Sent: 2/27/2006 8:24:12 AM

Revelation 1:7 (NKJV) Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

This passage speaks of Christ's second coming in judgment on Israel. We noticed that cloud comings in the Old Testament are frequently prophetic emblems of God's judgment on the nations. The coming spoken of in Revelation is to be upon those "who pierced Him." Who is that? The New Testament continually points out that those who pierced Christ were the first century Jews. Also those who pierced Christ are "the tribes of the earth" (or the land), which refers to the promised land, or Israel. This book revelation introduces its readers to the theology of judgment and specifically God's judgment sanctions against the nation of Israel.

Israel had crucified the Lord and publicly called God's judgment down on themselves: "And all the people answered and said, `His blood be on us and on our children.'" (Matthew 27:25). God's judgment on Israel in 70 AD matched their crime, the crucifixion of Christ. This crime was the worst in history so their punishment was also the worst in history. To call anything else "the great tribulation" is to downplay the immensity of that generation's crime.

Entering the Promised Land had been the dream of God's people for the past forty years, ever since Moses had shared with the elders of Israel (Exodus 4:29) God's promise:

I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites -- a land flowing with milk and honey" (Exodus 3:17)

--------------------------------------------------

Ethiopian Jews hope for a promised land

Thousands of Ethiopians who practice Judaism live in impoverished limbo, waiting for a chance to move to Israel. It's doubtful how many will get to go.BY EDMUND SANDERSLos Angeles Times Service

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - In shantytowns scattered around the imposing Israeli Embassy here, thousands of self-described Ethiopian Jews wait idly, hoping one day to make it to the Promised Land.

They started flooding to Addis Ababa nearly a decade ago, expecting to join a massive migration to Israel. Now many are caught in limbo. They abandoned jobs, homes and in some cases religious beliefs, but are uncertain whether they ever will join a resettlement program bogged down by budget, political whim and an international debate over who is a Jew.

Like many, Haymanot Hailu, 34, moved eight years ago to a one-room metal shack in the shadow of the heavily guarded hillside embassy. She and her husband gave up a comfortable life as sorghum farmers in the green hills of the north to bring their six children to Ethiopia's congested capital. They barely earn enough as day laborers to feed the family.

`LOOKING FORWARD'
They are sustained by one dream: to go to Israel, where, Hailu says, her sister is waiting.

''I miss our old life very much, but now I try to forget it,'' she said. ``I'm only looking forward. There's no going back. I don't know what we will do if we don't go. We are Jews, and we want to go to the Promised Land.''

It's unclear whether Hailu, and thousands like her, will be judged by Israeli authorities as eligible for relocation. Many are suspected of feigning Jewish roots to trade an often impoverished existence for a more comfortable, government-subsidized life in Israel. Others simply won't qualify under eligibility rules, which require that they have relatives living in Israel.

more in this report from Miami Herald:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/miamiherald/news/world/13849049.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_world

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/27/2006 10:54:49 AM

the present geographical region them call isreal....the land of milk and honey????
is it only i who sees something wrong in this

When are you, my people, going to stop being so religious minded. So what if Iyasus came from that area? Was not the whole of mankind created in Ithiopia Africa? Muhammed came from Arabia. The great siddharta Buddha came from somwhere in India
You put so much faith in gospels that were written centuries after the blessed One and then you use them as evidence for another totally unfounded assumption. Why is it so hard to say "I dont Know", if u dont know something 100 percent.
You say things like "This crime was the worst in history so their punishment was also the worst in history."
Do you even realize that what people call history is only 5000 years max?. The rest is what , themm call prehistory, which basically means nobody know for sure. So who are you to say this was the worst in history. You see, in Buddhist theology, the great One, in his life previous to his last one on earth, was hacked to pieces with a sword by an indian king, while the he sat there iditating,looking on the king in Love and Forgiveness. How is this less terrible than Iyasus crucifiction ?
Finally if i can humbly ask something please leave Jah out of your talk of judgement. I have heard everything from Black people(Ham) are cursed to the Holocoust was Gods punishment.
If you really look Gods Judgement is easy to see. Jah has judged that ini shall eat by the sweat of our brows.He has judged that man shall lay with woman and they shall bring forth new life.He has judged that every action has a consequence, He judged that water shall rise up to the heavens and fall again as rain. Good over Evil is JahJah judgement
Where is the promised land?
My promiised land is my home, my land where i fly my flag colours, land that was given to my forefathers land that my people died to protect
If a few so called blackjews wish to give up the richest continent on this planet for a little stony corner thats upto them. I personally know a few who left from Addis Ababa to israel only to be looked down upon, almost to a subhuman level by a people who are not even ,atleast most of them, true israelites but converts to the jewish faith from everywhere from Germany to the US

This is has been just one side glimpse of my thoughts on this subject but before i go any deeper i would like the i dem reasonings on this and we can continue

Blessed Love to the World
Rastafari

Messenger: Kymauni Sent: 3/2/2006 5:31:14 PM

Ras KebreAB, blessed greetings, nuff respect for your reply to my post. I must say that the ideas above were not mine. They are thoughts and words found here on the Internet. The press/media/church/people have their opinion about Jah and the earthly space we share.

Within InI spirit I wrestle with overstanding the meanings of the bible. Most often I overstand the words from the view of a religion. other times I see it and read it as a history book or lesson book which teaches me about the law of livity.

The promised land is that place where Moses was told to lead the hebrew people to. I don't want to confuse myself, but, I am not hebrew or jew, I am gentile. It is hard for me to overstand lineage in these times when man have been scattered abroad for centuries. Yet, through the teachings of Christ I learn that I can be one with Jah if I do the right.

Could Jah place upon a man heart which land he must fly his flag and recieve his blessing? Abraham became the father of nations because of obedience to Jah. InI all idrens get opportunity to reason and share in the spirit of almighty Jah.

I thank God for your reasoning Ras KebreAB, it help me to put my future relationship with my homeland Jamaica in view. Jamaica is a religious country, poor in spirit , but, bountiful in nature. Land of milk and honey, depend on where yu live. I have had better time sharing with Jah on the island than I have in the city/urban living of metro USA. Isreal and Jamaica even Ethiopia face similar challenges on this day. Should man be concerned about where he live? should life always be about abundant material wealth, industry and safety?

Iyah a seek divine guidance on my destiny

Give Thanks!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/2/2006 11:06:45 PM

I always remember Bob's words in his song Rainbow Country,

--------------------------------
I got my home
in the promise land
but I feel at home
do you Iverstand
--------------------------------

The earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof.

Also, the words of Christ

Luke 17
[20] And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
[21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/5/2006 3:54:24 AM

Bless
Give thanks Kyamauni, Give thanks ArkI

Messenger: ciriefader Sent: 3/21/2006 7:47:50 AM

hi
re_the word thread
i have meditated with this picture for over 10 years and also whilst listening to reggae (thanks!)
i have to say that when the concept of ini i and you 1/11
is embraced in meditation the world does actually change
it is in ini heart and eyes/forehead
if i reach the 'point' and be one with god then at that point the world does appear to change
ive only done it once and it was new to me and my memory brought me back to the previous existence... :(
whilst i was at the point the view outside my window had changed!!! and there was a big wall with a wide open part in the middle
everything was glistening in gold and a shimmering gold light flowed accross all the hedges and they shaped themselves(by god)subtle changes...
i felt psychic together in mind with everything/everyone...

but i did not know how to STAY there???
it was very profound and new to me
i dont know if it was maybe just my world or if everyone saw what i saw???

so according to this the promised land is within us it is the whole world
the whole world can change when we are of one mind..

i hope this helps and pray that i was not going insane
i had LSD when i was younger so ?

Messenger: lookfijah Sent: 4/6/2006 5:41:34 AM

Greetings in the name of jah

INI mean INI at home where INI body is but my promised land is ethiopia the people are there so much powerfull. i love them . and y can olso feel jah spirit inna holy land ithiopia. often there become rainbow like red gold green seen .
or look fi the stars even y are in ithiopia they are more powerfull .
also the faith inna ithiopia is so strong. the culture .... INI love Ithiopia 4 me its promised land where ini should life . jah send ini this year ethiopian queen so 4 ini possible to life in ethiop and build fam .

jah is in INI and jah is my home so ini always at home .

jah bless y

Messenger: zionI Sent: 4/6/2006 4:10:41 PM

"in this life, we're coming in from the cold..." Prophet Bob Nesta.

The earth is all we've got. And believe I, its cold out there.

The promised land is the Earth. The Israelites, all Jah children.

Ithiopia is where InI King manifested in flesh. HIM can manifest anywhere.

InI living in the tabernacle of the Most High Jah (the body).This earth is InI paradise. It is up to InI to make it into the paradise it was intended to be through livity and righteousness.

Knowledge is positive but, once again, in the words of Prophet Nesta:

"give us the teachings of His Majesty, we no want no devil philosophy..."

Humbly

Zion

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 4/6/2006 8:58:25 PM

selah

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/8/2006 8:40:44 PM

Bless
Nice reasoning brethren Zion. Words of truth
But still "Ithiopia is where InI King manifested in flesh. HIM can manifest anywhere."
Yes HE can but HE did not manifest anywhere else. He chose the same place where he planted the seeds of mankind. For Jah loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwelling places of Jacob.

"I want to live with my father. My father live in Ethiopia so i must live in Ethiopia" Bob Marley

(perhaps not an exact quote but how i remember it)

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I