Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1351&start_row=1

Any different?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/24/2006 8:03:29 AM

"Unity is the world's key, and racial harmony.
Until the white man stops calling himself white
and the black man stops calling himself black,
we will not see it.

All the people on earth are just one family.
Life...it's life we deal with. No death.
He that sees the light and knows the light shall live.
When the time comes, people will seek the truth in all things.
They get it when they are ready to hear it.

Man can't do without God.
Just like you thirsty, you have to drink water.
You just can't do without God.
I pledged to work for righteousness.
God's given me inspiration.
So me personally as a man is nothin'
without the inspiration of Jah."

Bob Marley

I believe I have said this before but was called ignorant. Im glad someone agrees with me now.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/24/2006 9:46:22 AM

Elijah,

Before I respond directly to this post, I have something to reason.

When you said,
----------------------------------
I believe I have said this before but was called ignorant. Im glad someone agrees with me now.
----------------------------------

The wording of this statement makes it look like you are looking for confrontation based on things that people said to you in the past. Maybe this is not the case, but it sure looks that way.

I ask the other people of this forum to refrain from letting this topic turn into an argument. Respond peacefully and don't let his statement vex you, let him keep his vexation to himself.

The reason I ask this is that we have just gotten past the arguments that have been occuring for the last while and I am not interested in the arguments starting again. It is a waste of time and energy.

In regards to the rest of your post. I agree that people shouldn't be judged or liked or disliked based on the colour of their skin, but I will never think that people should ignore who they are, their ancestry, history and where they come from.

And I really don't think that Bob feels that people should ignore those things. He is just making a point about Inity.

Here are some other things Bob has said about Blackness. To show you that he acknowledges his blackness and embraces it.

Soul train is coming our way; er!
Zion train is coming our way.

Two thousand years of history (history)
Could not be wiped away so easily.
Two thousand years of history (Black history)
Could not be wiped so easily (could not be wiped so easily).

PB: Is it true that your first visit to the United States, in the early sixties, led you to the way of rasta?
BM: I went to the United States. In front of all these buildings, I said to myself: "rasclaat". They showed me pictures and kept on telling me: "god is white". I said to myself: "What a damned place! The only thing I could be here is a slave." Those guys believe in money. On their dollars they wrote: "In god we trust". I had to choose between this white god and a black Jesus. I have chosen...

PB: What is the meaning of your fight for the black people? Will it eventually lead to african unity?
BM: I just want the black conscience to unite all the black people because white men already have what they need. Africa is not built yet because it's not united. The time has come for unity. All these liberation movements in Africa show that all these brothers are aware of it now. With Jah Rastafari, that's the best thing that could happen to the black people.

PB: Do you really believe in african unity?
BM: I believe first in the african unity, but I also believe in the unity of all the people for Rastafari is unique. The whole black continent used to be called Ethiopia. But the white man has divided Africa. Everytime he took a piece of it, he called it Africa.

Mumia Abu-Jamal:
Brother, what's the significance of the song, Exodus?

Bob Marley:
Exodus means coming together...the movement of Afrika, of Black people. Exodus from Babylon, we're in Babylon, and then a physical exodus to Home. But what we really a say is dat, we waan Black people to unite, with one another, Seen? Now, the only way we can unite is to deal wit truth...the truth is that King Solomon and King David is the root and if we gonna deal with roots, we hafta deal from King Solomon and King David time, Lion of Tribe of Judah, ya know? So, this is what I and I say: time for unity! Cause we's a people, we have something...and we have to deal with it, seen?

Mumia Abu-Jamal:
What's your hope, brother, for the future of Black people in America, and Black people in the world.

Bob Marley:
Way I see, you seen, it looks simple but it's true. RASTA FOR THE PEOPLE! Rastafari! For the people, seen? Capitalism and communism are finished. It Rasta now! The Blackman way of life. That's what we a say now dread. We a say: give the Black man fe him way of life now. Mek him show you how government run and how people care for people. Who you think have the Love. Who sing the tune inna the church. Black people a sing them, you know. Whose the spiritual people pon earth. The Black people. Dem a deal wit God. And God no let dem down. God always dere. And God say dem fe unite! Because when you unite, that is the power of God, you know. God love Love, which is unity. So when you unite, you get the whole power of God. That's what him want. Until Black people unite...if the Black people don't unite, the world, no one, no one can live good.
Cause the white man not living good, you know. The China man naa live good, either. Why? Because the Blackman is not united. Because the Blackman, him are the cornerstone pon earth! When time him shaky, the whole earth shaky. You see? When him solid, everything solid. And it a long while since we have been solid. You know. It's been a long long time. So you find out how much war, fight and dem tings, go on. You know where dem fight? In Africa! Our motherland. So anybody can see that war will start over here in America, man. REAL war. European pass over here and boom dis raas claat. True true. You mus' remember, dem have all of dem atomic business. So, you know. We not afraid for it, but Africa is the best. Africa for Africans, at home and abroad. African can be developed man. Africa have sea, river, everything. And clean. You have more land, more everything. You have good good everything. The best climate. The best land. You have the best everything! That's why today, His Majesty God more than yesterday, you know. Because we see that His Majesty never sell out to Russia, nor sell out to America. HIM uphold Black dignity, seen? So tell dem you can proudly say RASTAFARI, and naaw deal wit no traitor. That the sweet part 'bout it.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/24/2006 9:56:10 AM

"His Majesty God more than yesterday, you know. Because we see that His Majesty never sell out to Russia, nor sell out to America. HIM uphold Black dignity, seen?"

Yes I

Messenger: Kymauni Sent: 2/24/2006 10:06:47 AM

Yu cya find a better message in the 20th century than Marley's
deep consciousness , words of wisdom, he helped to uplift the ignorant minds across nations and continents in a short time. His words are an inspiration to the committment to serve God in humble spirit and truth.

Is a holy pilgrimage we a defend still, there are conflicting loyalties in this age,but, as Marley seh

Stiff necked fools, you think you're cool
To deny me for simplicity
Yes you have gone, for so long
With your love for vanity now
Yes you have got the wrong interpretation
Mixed up with vain imagination

So take JAH Sun, and JAH Moon
And JAH Rain and JAH Stars
And forever yes erase your fantasy, yeah

The lips of the righteous, teach many
But fools die for want of wisdom
The rich man's wealth is in his city
The righteous wealth is in his Holy Place

So take JAH Sun, and JAH Moon
And JAH Rain and JAH Stars
And forever, yes erase your fantasy
Destruction of the Poor is in their poverty
Destruction of the soul is vanity, yea

So stiff necked fools, you think you're cool
To deny me for simplicity, yeah, yeah
Yes you have gone, gone for so long
With your love for vanity now

But I don't wanna rule ya
I don't wanna fool ya
I don't wanna school ya
Things you, you might never know about

Yes you have got the wrong interpretation
Mixed up with vain, vain imagination
Stiff necked fools, you think you're cool
To deny me for, Ooh simplicity

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/24/2006 5:59:47 PM

Ark I, I no vex? Question, was I wrong? I dont belive I was cause you just agree'd with me. Whats the problem? O I sight it, you said that I think "blacks and whites" should forget about their past! When did I ever say this? Everytime I said we should not differentiate eachother by colour. The whole thing about the whole Black Supremacy deal I dont want to even get back into if thats what you think I was refering to. But once again i'd like to say I never said one should forget their history but I think instead of seeing a black leader you should see as a LEADER period for all people, and I insist on this for peoples such as MLK, Malcolm X and all leaders of any colour. No matter what colour if they are leading a righteous path, then follow the leader.
Until the white man stops calling himself white
and the black man stops calling himself black,
we will not see it

Much love,
I hope you bring love with your response,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/24/2006 9:16:16 PM

Elijah,

Before I start, this reasoning is with Love, but it is also with Truthfullness, the Truthfullness of what I sight. Love with honesty shouldn't be seen as no love, so don't see this reasoning that way.

The addition of that last sentence in your first post wasn't really necessary for putting that message of Bob Marley out. If your only intention was to put out that message then you wouldn't have included that statement.

The statement was like a mild confrontation that was mild enough that it could be denied, but was still a mild challenge to other concerning confrontations of the past.

How do you think you would have reacted if somebody posted a quote supporting the reasoning about Black and White, and then said,

"I believe I have said this before but was called ignorant by Elijah. Im glad someone agrees with me now."

I know that you didn't put a person's name in your version of that sentence, but does it really make a difference? With or without the name, whoever happened to call you ignorant (I don't think I was one of them) would know who you were refering to.

So seriously and honestly, how do you think you would have reacted?

In regards to what I said in I previous post. It wasn't my intention to say that you specifically said that people should ignore their history, but I see how my words could be interpreted that way. What I meant was that Black is who they are, their ancestry, their history and where they come from. That is not to say that Black is the only thing they are, I just didn't want to say in that previous sentence that Black is part of who they are because it is more then just part, it is integral to everything else that they are.

I feel it is more important for people to have no problem or issue with reasonings of black and white than to just avoid acknowledging or speaking black and white. I know that you are not reasoning about going to the extreme of not speaking black and white, but I don't see any reason to avoid it at all. Everything about Iself is important to I, and everything about I bredrens and sistrens is important to I. From their mind, spirit, hands, feet, skin, eyes and hair.

When the colour of a man's skin is of no more significance then the colour of his eyes, it is not that we will not speak about the colour of skin. It is that we will only speak about it with Love and Righteousness. The significance of colour remains when it is avoided, it is not removed.

I don't think twice about refering to colour when speaking about objects, animals, plants, earth or sky. I also don't think twice about refering to colour when speaking about a person. I know I brothers and sisters, and I Love their colour and I Love I own colour. I am also not ashamed of their colour or ashamed of I colour. I am not saying that you are, but I am reasoning why I have no issue with speaking about colour.

But I have come across many people who try their best to avoid speaking of colour. For example, one time a person was pointing out somebody in a crowd at some kind of dance or function I think, I can't remember where it was. So they said the person with the red sweater, the person with the blue pants, and other types of things that could match a few people in the room. But they never said the Black man, even though he was the only Black Man in the room. If they did say the Black man then immediately the person would have been identified.

If they were the only red-haired person in the room, they probably would have said the redhead. So you see how the significance still remains. That is why I always reason against colour blindness and instead reason in support of Colour Loveness.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 2/25/2006 9:24:42 PM

I think your just taking things to personal, you the one vexed.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 2/26/2006 9:31:14 AM

Well said Ark I!

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/26/2006 11:26:09 AM

I think it's important to iditate on the tendancy people have to reject blackness when they are not Black, and to then assume that Black people also do this.

When the day comes that black white yellow brown red, etc are discriptions rather than opinions we will have peace.

When the day comes that intention is more important than details, we will have peace.

When the day comes that human beings concider their own hut before critiquing their neighborhood we will have understanding. When the day comes that human beings complete their own hut before going out to help others build their own huts, we will have peace.

The day that human beings only offer their opinions when invited, advise others only when asked, and judge only themselves, we will have peace.

The day that each family can cultivate their own piece of land and fences are markers rather than security, we will have peace.

The day that saying a man is brown is of no more significance than saying a dove is brown, is the day that we will have unity.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/26/2006 12:59:02 PM

What do I's make of Bunny Wailer's title track from "Blackheart Man" where he is talkin bout evil an not righteouness?

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I