Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1343&start_row=1

Nazarite vow

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: alihakimrashan Sent: 2/17/2006 5:47:12 PM

respect! I have taken this vow for some years and constantly strive to overstand this livication. Any care to comment on their relationsip and overstanding of the meanings behind the vow? What of the role of animal sacrifice in Old Testament? I have heard from scholars that Ethiopian Jews did not have many of these practices as they were separated before those dimensions became a fixture, though I am having trouble finding references of this. Clearly the Nazarite man existed before Moses from scholars, but I have read that some think that Pharisee influence corrupted certain aspects of the Old Testament and in particular incorporated animal sacrifice to what was previously a vegetarian group. Some see the line then splitting with some going towards a corrupt priesthood of sacrifice and corruption to a wandering mystical dreadlocks herbalist man. I have a paper on this subject going for publication, but its from an academic perspective. Clearly, the latest scholarship, even from Jewish scholars, is updating the early Christian sects as identical with Rastafari in practices of herbalism, vegetarianism and a gnostic doctrine of personal theophany. Respect to all comments. I am trying to forward up prison literacy programs for Rastafari and mystical crews, by writing papers with history to circumvent many of the costs of books. I subject these writings to the fire of critics, any one would want to read them just contact. Bless...

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/18/2006 8:45:43 AM

Blessed my Lord

It is a beautiful blessing again and again to rise up words and reason about the Nazarite. Yes Iyah. So onederful it is to philosoph about the true living LIFE. RASTAFARI

But first of all I n I should make clear, that this is a personal revelation to each of I seperatly, seen. Iman nah like those overenthusiastic and arrogant guys, who think only their own knowledge counts. There are parts which are cannot be 100% clarified by historical facts and such things. These are the mystical and spiritual parts. Like when I hear people over here arguing about what the beasts in Revelation really mean. Just yesterday I read in Kohelet(I think eclestials or something like this in KJV) that only fools do such things. WHO reveled those things to you to claim you have the ONLY Knowledge? But this is a different topic.

But I say this to make clear that it's the same with the Nazarite. All who argue abiout the Laws did not overstand the deeper purpose of it at all, in I view. There is nothing more personal than the own Life, and about this the Nazarite livity is. So I can only tell what JAH revealed to me, but saying at the same time, like also HIM did, I do not take only my views as valid. Seen. Raspect for every LIFE.

The Nazarite is hebrew.... in fact NAZIR is the hebrew word.... and that means to seperate and consecrate oneself. So to say it in modern words: to be the fish who does not swim in the same direction as all others. You seperate yaself from the mainstream lifestyle, and at the same time participate in it. See what I mean? His Majesty always taught that human progress like technic and so on is not bad..... AS LONG you keep ya spiritual values at highest priorities. And this is the thing, one who is ONE.... meaning perfectly in harmony.... with the Iself and JAH(which is the SAME to me) nothing can harm him. But the weak people become slaves and do not even check it.... they become the slaves of their own hand's works, labour, technic, car, vanity, money. These are the Idols of the new era. And they do not only worship it but also serve it like slaves. I n I keep a clean hand and pure heart and stay strong. Technic and human progress is for the SERVICE and betterment of MAN.... not vice versa. So the Nazarite is the one to me who is always the Ancient of days from the inside.... no matter in what appearance he comes(of course locks is MUST) he is the harmony incarnate. The living ONENESS and PERFECTNESS.
In the beginning all man were like this. When JAH created them as Adam(hebrew:human) and gave them Eve(hebrew:Life). They were in perfect ONENESS with he Most High. Through their foolishness I n I drifted away. And I n I still are drifting away. I n I lack the contact with JAH. And even Nazarite can never again reach the perfect Eden-livity in THIS environment. So to me the Nazarite is the symbol of Edenlivity.... you symbolize it through your livity.... but still it cannot be the real livity of the beginning because of the ungodly environment. See what I'm trying to get across?
The Nazarite is the strongest through his ONENESS with JAH. That is why JAH showed them through the Nazarite Laws how to aproach HIM again.... but still he knew that this is not for all. But if you check it, all JAHman in Israel were Nazarites(or very likely), not just the two Smason and Samuel. Jahman and wombman were always the most mystical and spiritual ones. I n I aproach ROOTICAL eden livity.... back to basic.... to aproach JAH. Because the nearest connection was in the beginning, seen. So I n I live like in the beginning... and deal with no kind of DEATH... because JAH is LIFE.... no dead animals to eat, no heathen deadceremonies, nothing to change I n I appearance from JAH creation.

Iman have to close right now.... more on the sacrafices later.
I man may pause here with seven words of LIFE. JAH is LIFE and LIFE is JAH. BLESSED

Selah

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/18/2006 9:55:34 AM

ONE BLESSED LOVE IN THE MOST HIGH JAH RASTAFARI

Yes I alihakimrashan Iman would like very much to read the I's papers, where will I find them. I would be interested in some scholarly work on that subject, it gets tiresome hearing vegetarians project their choices onto historical figures just to bolster their own views (ie., "Selassie was a vegan"). Also, parallels between early Christianity and Rastafari in this time is an interest of mine.
What do you mean by "a gnostic doctrine of personal theophany"? I believe that animal sacrifice was one of the things considered to validate the authentic Jewish roots of the Falasha ( now DNA has proven the connection ) because they retained the practice from before animal sacrifice was phased out of common Jewish religious practice.

Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I, this is the very Ites of reasoning. The I's overstanding of the Nazarite vow and Livity is unassailable Truth. Iron sharpen iron, mi bredda.

How good and pleasant it is to see ones and ones Inite in Truth.

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/18/2006 12:35:07 PM

Blessed

Yes I give thanks Iyah, Iron sharpens Iron.

You know, there are certain things, and they might be facts, that His Majesty was neither a vegetarian nor did he reject alcohol. This at least is what a Brethren of me told me who had personal contact to His Majesty's cook. But some time ago I read about a Brethren who also claimed to have had personal contact with a cook saying the complete opposit. So the things aint clear. But what I consider as fact is, Prof Ullendorf explained, that many Ethiopian considered His Majesty to be weak, because he, contrary to Ethiopian culture, was known to eat very few meat and also alcohol(if at all), so that his enemies said, he is not a real man.

But I am shure that Yeshuah was a Nazarite, and so he was a Vegetarien and did not drink alcohol. I am aware that this brings always big discussions because many oppose this opinion, but I for myself studied the bible and came to this overstanding. If anyone is interested in such a reasoning, please let Iman know.

His Majesty never said, look at me as your exemple! But what did he always advise I n I? Look at YESHUAH and take him as your exemple, the perfect exemple. See? His Majesty is the Same Person Yeshuah..... the Christ.... he was the same and is the same forIver more. But in different ages and missions. Yeshuah was the Preacher.... His Majesty is the King. But same person: Christ. And the preacher is there to preach and teach.... he was there to show a clean livity and things... so His Majesty has already done this in his first advent.... now as King he did not need to repeat himself... he just pointed to his first coming.... and so now he had his whole time as King to spend on real important global matters.
Yeshuah said at the last supper, that he did never drink from the vine fruit... until he comes back. So it is clear to me, Yeshuah was a Nazarite.... because he was the perfect exemple to bring it back to the beginning.... and all could see that His Majesty was not a Nazarite. There is a time and purpose for everything.

Selah

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 2/19/2006 6:19:24 AM

Bless

I forgot to mention the sacrafices. From my point of view, the sacrafices were just a thing that Israelites adopted from the sorounding peoples. Pagan things were not rare in Israel. To sacrafice was a common thing to worship god in this area. But no matter what the mose books say, the Prophets clearly stated later on, that JAH never gave any orders about this. But he also did not tell them to stop it in those early days, but only later on when this whole sacrafice biz got out of order. In the beginning it was just a way of worshipping... and I think it was kept inna frame which was ok. But it was a clearly man made teaching. And so this whole thing goes through the whole Istory and Culjah of Israel. I would have never participated in killing anymals and dealing with death, because the prophets even ridiculed this biz, which is quite true to me. JAH does not need a human beeing to feed him or any foolishness of this kind. But, even though this is out of I overstanding, if you do it with clean heart it might be ok. This was already shown in the beginning. Kains sacrafice of plants was rejected, while Abel's one of meat was ok. Everyone who knows the Prophets must see, that this does not mean, that JAH likes dead anmial sacrafices, because through the prophets JAH even said that he hates them. But even above this, he loves a clean heart, seen. Kain was a dutty badmind, and no matter what he does he cannot bring good fruits, vice versa for Abel. Seen. No matter HOW you worship, what counts is your intention and heart.
But there is a time for everything, and even in old testament times the sacrafice biz had already gone far out of order. It became a wicked bizness.

And for the Nazarite.... if you read the end of Num6.... it explains the thing with the sacrafice Iyah. There it says: THIS is the vow for those who want sacrafice.... like I explained above... and then it says: everyone must do like his individual vow says.
I n I nah deal with death. I n I is Nazarite for LIFE.

Selah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/20/2006 11:33:04 PM

alihakimrashan,

Here are some previous reasonings about the Vow of the Nazarite.

The Vow of the Nazarite

The Nazarite Vow

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: JahWoek Sent: 2/23/2006 10:23:07 AM

Greetings In H.I.M. Name.

I man have a question bout the Nazarite Vow?..I know that all the Laws are written out in Lev. but is it possible for One to be a Nazarite without full compliance of the Law?..see Iman try everyday to walk in Jah light took a Nazarite vow...Ital diet...no razor pon I face an head..one Queen...no fiyawater..no cigerette..Positvity...no negativety....Jah first.. all day...every day..but one thing....Iman covered with tattoos..see before I seek guidance in H.I.M...I was a Christian..dem deal with a watered down version of the New Testament so I was always misinformed.. but now that I&I only deal with forward progression...it leaves I wondering where Iman stand before the Most High?...see I dont recieve no tattoo anymore but I&I tattoo for work..see I feel like it is good in the sense that Iman selfemployed, and no deal wit babylon..and deal with the social outcast..talk with dem about the Love that Jah got for I&I..utilizing the gift that Jah provided for I&I..like it was I callin'...Yeshuah was critized for teaching amongst sinners..and he say that it was dem that he was here to save..anyways some of life decisions are more permanant than others so I hope the Love in I soul will overshine the graffitti on the walls..I guess no one will really know until that day..I was also wondering about Yeshuah diet?.cause form what I read was the he ate fish..drank wine..cause didnt wine in chalise represent his blood during there last passover meal with his apostles..anyways Give Thanks beforehand for any Insight I&I may provide for I..
Sellassie I
Live & Bless
Jah Woek

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/23/2006 11:55:35 AM

Greetings bredren Jahwoek,

Iman too have tattoes on my body from troddings before being a locksman. Iman also strive to betterment in living an Ital life and livication. Must work towards perfection every day without tiring. But InI are not perfect, and it is InI heart and intentions which are the most important.

Jah is Compassionate, forgiving and merciful.

One Love.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/23/2006 4:30:10 PM

JahWoek, I Bredrin,

It brings a twang of pain in I heart to hear the I "wondering where Iman stand before the Most High" because of tatoos from before the I come to know Jah.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."/ "Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see JAH."

"Who shall ascend into the hill of the JAH? or who shall stand in his hola place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive the blessing from JAH, and righteousness from the God of his salvation."

"But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife,
And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord JAH Rastafari."

May the words of InI mouth and the Iditations of InI heart be acceptable unto JAH Rastafari, Ancient of Days, the Almighty I, Emperor Haile I Selassie I.

If the I's thoughts and actions are focused 'pon righteousness old tatoos can never cover that up. Bless.

LOVE

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I