Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1330&start_row=1

Marriage?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/9/2006 11:24:52 PM

ArkI can the I (or any other bredren) point InI to HIM words on marriage?

Can InI sound a Ras PrIer for I man to HIar?

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/9/2006 11:38:51 PM

Search the archives under Ras TafarI Words, Or browse the scriptures over at Bible Gateway. CccNnn ~

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/10/2006 12:05:03 AM

I can't remember a specific reference to marriage. If I come to see something that Selassie I said about it, I will bring it forward.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: bee_2humble Sent: 2/10/2006 10:19:56 PM

Greetings,
Empress Menen was who? I and I know that there was a marriage involved due to the fact that HIM was a married man(Lion King). He showed the WORLD that his Empress is just as important as he was. She was also crowned on November 2 of 1930, Zaubitu died and Tafari was crowned emperor, the 111th emperor in the succession of King Solomon. Then he took the name Haile Selassie, meaning "Might of the Trinity." The coronation was the most splendid yet. The Emperor and Empress were crowned outdoors in front of the Cathedral (to some this may mean a church no?) and enthroned there, as canons boomed a 100 gun salute, church bells rang.I and I think the crownnig alone was an action to the WORLD that marriage was IMPORTANT. HIM didn't need to say it.

RasTafarI
bee_2humble

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 2/11/2006 7:30:32 AM

Greetings in love
King Selassie is the 225th royal descendant of King Solomon, i sistren. other than that your reasoning is well thought. King Sellasie lived as an example to InInI. InI saw H.I.M as a married Man, as a family Man, as a teacher, peacemaker, and a warrior on the battlefield. Everything HE did He did with Love,Grace,Faithfulness and Truth....and marriage is no different

Love in HIM

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/12/2006 1:41:25 AM

His Majesty's Words on the Passing of the Empress:

"All of you knew her well but she was more intimately known by I. She was devoutly religious and did not lose her faith even in the time of hardship. During the memorable days of Our companionship We never had differences that needed the intervention of others. As Sarah was to Abraham, so was she obedient to I. Our wishes were mutual until we were separated by the Almighty. Her assistance for the good of the young, the old and the needy requires no testimony for they are greater than thoughts and words.

We have been extremely pleased to live long enough in the perfect union that enabled us to see our offspring, our grandchildren and our great grandchildren. We are thankful to the Almighty for having vouchsafed to us that long uninterrupted union which is not very common in the world today: There could be no more profound prayer for I to utter."

Messenger: ras shem tafari Sent: 2/13/2006 3:20:46 PM

zionI,
greetings in H.I.M. name.

I would also look into the Fetha Nagast; it contains a sizable portion on the laws of marriage.

guidance & protection
ras shem tafari.

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/14/2006 12:45:41 AM

Give Thanks for the reasoning bredren.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/14/2006 11:35:34 AM

zionI,
Give thanks for posting the inspirational quote from His Majesty regarding Empress Menen. I am curious, did you substitute "I" for other pronouns in His speech?

intimately known by I...was she obedient to I...prayer for I

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/14/2006 12:55:55 PM

I have always said that a man does not mature until he meets the woman he wants to love. Not the woman he does love, but the woman who makes him want to be a better man. Marriage is relative. Anyone who has meet their match knows that no ring and no ceremony is stronger than the bond between two people ment for each other. Marriage of souls does not need rules or laws because it is a natural process by which two people bond. Real love needs no guide lines that's why they call it unconditional, seen.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I