Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1308&start_row=11

Telling the Truth-absolute Duty?

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/3/2006 11:51:39 AM

First of all, I regret using "little white lie" to describe inconsequential untruths, changing the language InI use will change how InI think and changing how InI think will change how InI live. Let the words of I mouth and the Iditations of I heart be acceptable unto JAH.

Notice my first answer to the question about justified lying is definitively NO. However, I have always considered one of the most obvious and hypocritical of all lies is "I never lie". Iman really try as hard as I can to never speak anything I know not to be true and InI can succeed for the most part, but it seems impossible to never slip. Can any of us honestly say "I NEVER lie"?

I did lie to babylon when dem come fe I, when they asked I where my wife and son were I refused to answer, but I did lie in response to certain other questions dem ask. I knew that they were not here for truth, their whole premise for wanting I was a lie. It was not hard to justify lying because the sacrifice of my freedom and my family's welfare would not have been worth the satisfaction of being able to say Iman NEVER lie.

Tuff question, anyway InI try to cause as little harm as possible.

Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/3/2006 12:29:08 PM

Seen.

One Love

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I