Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1302&start_row=1

Thoughts Appreciated

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/1/2006 12:01:45 AM

Greetings,

Did any of the Is come across any books recently that InI might find valuable or interesting? Other than the "must-read-all-the-time ones"

I have some interest in picking up something new or different and am looking for suggestions

Thanks and Jah Bless

Bergy

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/1/2006 12:26:51 AM

Greetings Iyah

""The First Rasta- Leonard Howell and the Rise of Rastafarianism" was well written and worth reading.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 2/1/2006 8:30:31 PM

Nostradamus ~ The Complete Prophecies. I've just cracked the surface, but it's already proving dread.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 2/2/2006 11:20:17 AM

Thank you for the recommendations Zion and Tef

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/2/2006 11:45:18 AM

ONE PERFECT LOVE IN InI IVINE MAJESTIES KING ALPHA QUEEN OMEGA

Yes I NineMile,

Having read alot (most?) of the important publications regarding Rastafari, if I had to choose only one published source for Rastafari Truth Iman would say that "JAHUG" volumes 1 thru 7 would be it.

As far as newer books, I recently read "Beyond The Throne" which was published in Ithiopia by Ithiopians to clarify for Ithiopians the greatness and importance of HIM's reign and undo the evil propoganda leveled against HIM during and after His removal from political office. It contains the best synopsis of HIM's biography I have seen. ("Haile Selassie The Conquering Lion" by Leonard Mosely is the best thorough biography I know, and then of course there is His auto-biographies).

Also, "Book of Memory: A Rastafari Testimony" by Prince Elijah Williams is an excellent new opportunity to see Rastafari through the eyes of a Jamaican elder who has been trodding InI path from youth, during the difficult formative years. The I saw many hardships and downpression and still shows non-partial Love for Imanity.

I hope these works are helpful for the I.

JAH BLESS

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 2/2/2006 11:59:56 AM

If you wanted to read some books that are fiction but still very interesting I would check out Octavis Butler. No matter which book, she is a Black female sci-fi writter who writes some of the most relevant fiction I have ever come across. Try the Parable series, off the charts family.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/3/2006 12:44:33 PM

Guerilla warfare-che guvera
The Botany of desire
Christiantiy before Christ
Eckanar-The key to secret worlds
The unsettling of america
DIOP-The African origins of civiilzation

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/3/2006 1:17:17 PM

Yes I,

The African Origins of Civilization by Cheikh Anta Diop

crucial

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/3/2006 1:24:08 PM

yeah...ini hail up that cat all the while....ESSENTIAL...for the IBLE readers, it is a companion book, for one who are educated, is is the IBLE, for the seekers it is NO-Ledge, for the close minded it is the hurricane that blows open the windows and the doors...For the sleeping it is the time of revelation and revoultion

Yes, i big up DIOP... ;)

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/4/2006 1:05:59 PM

Dread Lion I or Ark I ,

Do Ither of the I's know where the books referred to by Lion I may be found?

Give Thanks.

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I