Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1300&start_row=1

Nonviolence

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bradbits Sent: 1/31/2006 7:31:53 PM

Peace and love to you all. May InI bless this irie forum.

What do most Rastas believe about nonviolence the way it was explained by Rev Martin Luther King as well as Gandhi?

The Christians say it is a good thing to go and commit murder for your country. Just don't smoke the herb! Babylon is a strange place.

I have discovered the book "The Kingdom of God is Within You" by Leo Tolstoy that explains nonviolence and tends to espouse One Love very well. I highly recommend it.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/31/2006 8:00:00 PM

Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone;
but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.

-Malcolm X

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 1/31/2006 9:36:11 PM

RASTAFAR I

Sis Irijah

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 1/31/2006 9:55:22 PM

my feelings exactly Empress

I don't care if you in a white collar of a tank top, you rob me, I'm kickin yo a**, (Bernie Mac)

Do physical harm to me and/or my family, PASS THE AK!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2006 10:32:01 PM

I feel the same, I will avoid a fight whenever possible, and usually Jah love will calm people who want to come with violence. But I will protect Iself and I family if necessary.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: zionI Sent: 2/1/2006 12:36:23 AM

What did Yeshua mean when he said?

Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword"

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/1/2006 1:04:43 AM

Christ said that because he made the wicked men know that they are doing wickedness by the words he spoke against them, and by the righteous example he showed the people.

So now they can't hide from their wickedness and pretend it is not there.

This was the beginning of the Final Judgement, and there will be no peace until the Final Judgement is finished.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/1/2006 10:16:49 AM

BLessed... and as the proverbs say.. teh tongue is sharper than a sword... a two edged sword....

Messenger: bradbits Sent: 2/1/2006 12:24:04 PM

JAHs peace be pon you, bredren.

Matthew 10:34 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword"

The sword is truth, not an AK. If you kill a man, that just makes him leave his body. It does not change his mind or punish him. But the truth is a punishment if he wakes up and sees how he has violated One Love. JAH's truth cuts like a sword.

Matt 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Is this not the true essence of Rastaman? He lives within Zion (which is inside himself) and no amount if violence should be able to make him leave it. I understand that vengeance is a part of prevailing Rasta culture. But, I am saying that is wrong. So is most of what passes for Christianity. Only One Love can conquer Babylon.

The lion shall lay down with the lamb. Christ is the lamb. Is the lion Rastaman?

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 2/1/2006 12:40:29 PM

word sound power..............

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I