Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1275&start_row=1

No fight against me,because me no fight against u,listen wa u say and watch wat u do.

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: I Selahssie i son Sent: 1/27/2006 11:09:18 AM

Watch here man a rastaman,so if u think u know the most,there is alot of things to learn still.So no come tell i man about no other doctrine.Me have One doctrine,Jah doctrine,Christ doctrine. Fire!

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/27/2006 2:47:34 PM

Al~right ...??? Who are you talking to anyways, yourself ??? How's that going for you ?!?

Messenger: White dread Sent: 1/27/2006 2:59:01 PM

He speaks truth no one can deny, if yuh no like it..don't reply

One LOVE

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/27/2006 5:36:53 PM

yuh white nice rhyme

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/28/2006 1:34:57 AM

When Selahssie I Son is saying he doesn't want another doctrine he is not talking to himself as was suggested. He is talking to those that bring another doctrine.

I and I know I and I Father. I and I only want the doctrine of Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: messianicnazarite2002 Sent: 2/7/2006 2:32:44 PM

blessings...And what is the teachings of H.I.M.?
is it just HIS speeches? Or maybe HIS writings...?
Let INi define exactly what is HIS MAjestys Doctrine...Not the doctrine of elders or Rasta orgs. But plain and simple HIM Teachings. Bongo Miguel

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 2/7/2006 3:37:07 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Let INi define exactly what is HIS MAjestys Doctrine...Not the doctrine of elders or Rasta orgs. But plain and simple HIM Teachings.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I, this is the moment Iman have been concerned about for some time.

I have often mentioned how the first two centuries after Yeheshua and before certain Councils dictated "orthodox" Christian doctrine are analagous to Rastafari in this time. Just as now a Rasta might be Boboshanti or Nyahbinghi or Twelve Tribes, early Christians could be Gnostics, Ebionites, Marcionites etc., but once a Christian dogma was defined (by men, centuries after Yeheshua) any other interpretation of Yeheshua was deemed heresy and evil. If a 'Rasta doctrine' is defined will there be one "right" (orthodox) interpretation of Rastafari and will all others will be "wrong" (heretical)?

InI may be approaching a time when Rastafari might define itself as either a "religion of the book" with dogma or as a spiritual livity with guidelines and traditions but no centralized authority. In it's current manifestation Rastafari is Iniversal, putting forth a single doctrine may have the unintended consequence of dividing and limiting the movemant.

Is Selassie I God or the Messiah or a prophet or a man? With a doctrine in place this would not be debatable, it would be defined once and for all by whichever Elder or Rasta organization manages to successfully push it's own agenda. Any one of us could be told that I are not a Rasta beca the I don't believe X,Y and Z.

Iman personally sight the Nyahbinghi Creed as fully acceptable beca it does not limit JAH, it affirms InI faith without dictating doctrine.

If a "Rastafarian Doctrine" is adopted and all of the other interpretaions of Rastafari are condemned as heretical, would this be a good thing? (whether or not you happen to believe the doctrine that comes to be accepted)

BLESSED ARE THEY THAT HUNGER AND THIRST AFTER RIGHTEOUSNESS: FOR THEY SHALL BE FILLED. Selah

Messenger: White dread Sent: 2/7/2006 4:30:07 PM

Thnx Dread Lion for more food for thought

Rastafari

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 2/7/2006 8:50:55 PM

InI believe the best representation of doctrine is H.I.M.'s life!

RSK

Messenger: messianicnazarite2002 Sent: 2/10/2006 7:12:07 PM

I like the livity of ALL from the RAstafari tree. As long as INI keep the same root..H.I.M. .

There is a great lesson to be learn from "men" coming together for the purpose of Inity. And dat is the ability to tear down what dem build.
because of vanity and envy,greed,power and etc. At the present moment Imon have been hearing of said,"INI must Inite!" that seems to be the international Rastafari cry.

But when INI look deeply into INI Afrikan communities..Its the same or even worst than 30 years ago.

I believe INI must come together first as a blackman and blackwoman.
Overstand INI dynamics and wat INI can contribute to the family(Tribe).
even online I see manifestations of separations of man and woman.with rastawoman over her and rastamon over there.

Inna Jamaica, still Rastafari is not a force at all(Politically). So how can it be a force internationally all over the globe?

H.I.M. said to begin and change Jamaica. Than yah can go to Africa with a model for success to show Africans.

But when INI is not economically sound..And dont have an economic base to work from..How can Rastafari succeed?

when I here for donations, and helping the elders all the time, and about the medical and health issues in Rastafari...INI need to slow down, and rastas were dem be...work at the local levels for sure.
Building corner stones.

I think The teachings of H.I.M. is very clear.. and everymon can decide for themselves. H.I.M. did not speak in ancient greek nor hebrew..but in the simple language in which all can overstand what HIM communicated.

It is said, that JAh Spirit will guide and teach INI...And dat every individual has the spirit of the most high. So let man work in the realm of men. And Let JAh work in the spiritual things. For man is not JAh Spirit..but the servant of JAh.

So me say for man to reason pon the teachings of H.I.M. and follow H.I.M. in all matters of faith. A disciple of the King..follows the master in all areas of livity.One Love bongo Miguel

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I