Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1273&start_row=1

Dont come tell i man bout,King Selahssie i was not a rastaman.

1 - 1011
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: I Selahssie i son Sent: 1/27/2006 10:51:01 AM

King Haile Selahssie i was and is a Rastaman.So No come tell i man bout king Selahssie was not a Rasta.With,or with out locks the man is the Rastaman.I man hate when people say dat dread,king Selahssie i is de almighty in flesh,the lion of judah,the king of king's,and lord of lord's.So no try turn my glory to shame,man rastaman iah. Christ in his kingly character. Selah

Messenger: Natti I Sent: 1/27/2006 11:03:17 AM

Yes I, if dat wha ah mon dem si fa trut in meditation. Den let it so zeen. I&I will nuh tell di I it nuh tru zeen. Raspect fi bredren reason.

Messenger: Osiris Sent: 1/27/2006 11:59:39 AM

Who says Selassie I no Rastaman? His Majesty is THE MAN HIMself.
He is no Rastafari. He is THE Ras Tafari.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/27/2006 12:31:02 PM

I have observed a preemptive hostility from you bredren I Selahssie i son. You seem to have this tendancy to start new topics with a hightened level of agitation that I find disturbing. I have refrained from commenting on it until now mostly because I figured there must be some provocation that I had not been witness to. However, I am noticing that you are continually doing this. It is almost as though you doubt your own statments and are therefore using extra force to curb any oposition before it can emerge.
Now there are a few reasons why I have taken the time to even write this. The first being the reletive incorrectness of your statment in this particular reasoning. It is impossible for Haile Selassie I to have been a Rasta as the faith was established by the people in response to His teachings and also because He was in fact a Christian. Now that does not trivialise the Rastafari faith anymore than the man called Jesus the Christ being a disatisfied Jew trivialises Christianity. You must however, realise that any movement named after someone cannot claim that it's name sake was a part of their movement, but rather the perfect example of what his followers strive to achieve.
Secondly there is no such thing as the Almighty in the flesh, even the man called Jesus the Christ said this. The flesh cannot contain the Almighty. It can contain the Christ, it can even contain angels at all levels of athority. But the Almighty cannot be seen or trivialised to the flesh. In essence saying that the Almighty could fit in the flesh is saying that everything that is and everything that has been and everything that will be can be contained in one skin sack. It is simply not possible.
Now, my final issue is that it is not neccessary for a rightious man to shout. The most holy are the most quiet and humble. I can feel the force with which you tend to present your topics for reasoning and it disturbs my center. I wonder what has caused you to feel that this level of agression is neccessary. Especially on a reasoning board with your Idren. Many of the things you post are common Rasta knowledge or understanding. You have a tendency to have some techinicallities wrong but for the most part you post things that the average Rasta (even a new Rasta) would have no reason to disagree with.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not attempting to shut you up, far from it in fact, I am simply trying to understand your motivation. And also to let you know that it is Rasta tradition to present open ended topics for reasoning rather than iron clad statments challenging oposition to appear. In fact I happen to know that there is a wealth of knowlege to be gained on this site, there are Idren who are well versed in history, ideology and the sciences; because of this the truth can be assertained anytime a question is asked with respect and honest curiosity. However too often (with some of the less informed Idren especially) arguments arise because a few Idren refuse to accept truth or (even worse) stubornly insist that that have the ultimate truth of Rastafari and refuse to listen to reason, no matter how many Idren speak it. (Most of that was just general statment and not directly aimed at you bredren.) So I felt that it was neccessary for me to inform you to be still and calm within yourself.
Utmost respect and love bredren.

Messenger: Natti I Sent: 1/27/2006 1:23:15 PM

Dawta, Imon si strenth inna deh deh a word sistren speak zeen. But stil ya nuh, if ah mon seh Ras Tafari ah rasta. Den let it so. If ah mon seh a tree a rasta den let it so. Define RASTA zeen. Yes I&I well aware of I&I movement fram birth faward. Som rasta si HIM as di Almighty.....if dis is so den deh Almighty is ALKNOWING an new of Himself as BEing befor di exsistant Of a movement in His name sake. Don tell ah mon he is "incorrectness" because him reasoming differ fram yuh zeen.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/27/2006 5:40:40 PM

yes them would be good words if the sister practice what she preached, remember your whole "racial" entrance?

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/28/2006 12:21:14 AM

Like Culture say, Jah alone a Christian. Haile Selassie I is the True Christian, Haile Selassie I is the True RasTafarI.

It all comes to definition, and if the definition is wrong or right. If the way that some people describe Rasta is what Rasta truly is, then I would agree that Haile Selassie I is not a Rasta. But I don't agree because the thing that is not Rasta is the definition that some people speak.

The true definition of Rasta is RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I and based on the true definition, RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I is a Rasta. Just as Yeshua Christ is a Christian. It is the people who come after who want to call themselves what they are not who are actually not.

And God is not parts, God is One, RasTafarI is One. Haile Selassie I is God, God is not contained in his flesh, there is not containment at all, it is just Oneness. Whenever things are spoken of being contained, what is being contained is in the container, but still is not the container and also what is in the container is limited by the container. RasTafarI flesh is One, RasTafarI Spirit is One, there is no container, RasTafarI is in all places because RasTafarI is Life, and all has come out of Haile Selassie I through RasTafarI word.

There is nothing before Haile Selassie I, RasTafarI is the First, before Creation was Created, RasTafarI is the Creator. RasTafarI didn't begin in 1892, RasTafarI was always and is always.

Haile Selassie I shows who is Christian and who is not. And in the same word He describes who is RasTafarI and who is not

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

Haile Selassie I

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: FarI-Sight Sent: 1/28/2006 3:55:20 AM

1John.4
[1] Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
[2] Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
[3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
[4] Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
[5] They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
[6] We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
[7] Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
[8] He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Everything is written already. So Up with the godly teachings of Jah in Flesh and Down with the Satan Teachment of God is a Spirit Philosophy. Just remember when Nebuchadnezzar dreamt and asked all the astrologers and magicians to figure it out They said that they couldn't consult the Gods because they are not in flesh. SO Jah tell ini that nothing is new under the sun.
As for this Joseph Hill thing, all due respect Ark I, but Jah never use nor invent that word Christian because Jah is a true orginal CHRIST-man look in the Good Book and you shall see that it was the Romans who first use that X-tian word.
So do not be decieved Selahssie I Son for anything outside of Rastafari God In Flesh Culture is just 666 antichrist Babylon Satan X-Philosophy of DEATH and he always comes with intellectual garbage to fool you.
Anyone come with the R accept HIM
Holy Emmanuel I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Honourable Jah Paskal
Royal Ambassador of King Emmanuel 7th Adoni I God Jah Rastafari

Messenger: Natti I Sent: 1/30/2006 11:00:13 AM

Idern Ark I, I&I si as one zeen.

Blessed Rasta

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/31/2006 1:12:12 AM

The scriptures don't show the instance when the word Christian was first used. We only see the first time it is used in the scriptures. So I don't know who said it first.

But what I do know is that Christian is derived from the word Christ, so as far as I see it, anybody who calls theirself Christian should either be living by the example of Christ, or be truly trodding towards that.

The people who call theirself Christian but do not live by the example of Christ are the people that should call their trod something else. There ways will not change the meaning of Christ or Christian to I, because I have learned about the ways of Christ, so I know what kind of fruits should come from a Christian.

I and I trod is RasTafarI, so I and I trod is to learn the example of RasTafarI and Live the way RasTafarI teaches.

RasTafarI can never be taken from RasTafarI, just as Christ can never be taken from Christ. So I always compare Christians to Christ to see who are truly Christians. And I always compare RasTafarI people to RasTafarI, to see who are truly RasTafarI. This doesn't mean that I expect to see RasTafarI people trodding in the fullness of RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I right now. All of I and I are still trodding towards that, myself included.

But what I expect from Iself is to Live by the example and teachings of RasTafarI, and the more I trust in Jah RasTafarI, the more I Live as I should. So although I know that I am not trodding completely in RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I way right now, that is not an excuse for I, it is just the reality that must change. What is also reality to I is that no sin shall enter in Zion, and as long as I still have breath, Jah has given I more time to learn so that I can Live by the example of RasTafarI. I don't take I breath for granted, so I rebuke Iself when I don't trod right and I resist temptation, and I will not stop until it is defeated.

And in I opinion, all people who call theirself RasTafarI should expect the same thing from themself. I can't see it any other way, because why else would people be called RasTafarI. Haile Selassie I always trods as RasTafarI, that is why RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I is His name. If people don't expect the same thing, they should call theirselves admirers of RasTafarI or something else.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I