Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1257&start_row=11

Jah Jah Calling (Education)

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/25/2006 10:04:46 AM

Please explain with examples how education can be a curse if not used correctly.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 1/25/2006 10:52:51 AM

This highest of blessings can become a curse when education is turned into indoctrination, ,TEACHING CHILDREN WHAT TO THINK AND NOT HOW TO THINK
What example do u want? dont u see that The western world is the most educated place and yet this is where mankind is recieving the most damage to his mind body and soul?
InI remember that H.I.M Emperor Haile I Selassie I tried His utmost to educate the people of Ethiopia. Indeed, almost every single person of my parents generation who were educated owe their education personally to H.I.M. From personally paying for orphan and poor children to go to school to almost daily visits to schools to encourage ((my father tells me how the Emperor would bring candy and fruits for every single child)) to paying for scholarships so that the youths could continue their higher education abraod. And yet who were the first ones to fall victim to the evil schemes of Amerikkka and the CIA??? The University students who were supposed to be educated and should have known better than to believe in the vanities that those vampires dangled in front of their eyes. So they chose Barabas mengistu over the Christ King Selassie I

I would just like to add that by saying education i have been speaking about Schools but education starts much earlier
Its kind of like how some people use the word civilisation
For some it means the building of great cities and organised religion and so on..... but for i civiliztion means, living together,how to behave amongs ini, love thy neighbor, love life, respect life in all its forms, Do unto others as you would have them do to you

So teach your youth in the right way they should go so when they grow and go into this education system they will not depart from the righteous path

Bless
Jah Love

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 1/25/2006 11:28:24 AM

When the American deep south was forced to desegragate, the formally homogeneous Black neighborhoods were inundated with white pride. The Black children that were bussed to white neighborhoods did not actually recieve a better education, they recieved an education that instilled sefl hatred into their minds. An education that made "Egypt" a part of Asia and refused to attribute anything good with dark skinned people. In fact not only was this education racially exclusive but it favored black females over black males, choosing to place many males in remideal classes based on behavioral problems that did not actually exist and where much closer to the fear of a black man seducing a white woman.
So my point is this, an education is a dangerous thing. The truth is a blessing and a gift. A person can be taught to do or believe just about anything. It is only when someone is taught to analize, conclude and think for themselves that education is inherantly good. In fact the best thing you can give a child is a love of learning or at least a love of reading. Followed by maners, universal law and self pride.
It is only when one understands that knowledge is a weapon and knows that weapons are dangerous and not for play that they can become wise. And wisdom is the ultimate goal.

(P.S. I have never been a very good speller and I just don't feel like spell checking right now so please excuse any typos. Thank you.)

Messenger: Natti I Sent: 1/25/2006 12:13:29 PM

Iyah zeen. nuff educate fa slave mon cus iffi learn den dat mon a dangerous mon to him massa. we seh "da Willie Lynch syndrom"

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/25/2006 12:25:21 PM

Education can be called acursed when an individual fails to use what he / she learns in constuctive ways, for the service of their fellow man / woman. The reason being is simple, since education is a God given right, but it is also like a double edged sword that brings a great responsibility. Now if an individual who has completed his / her studies fails to use their accumulated knowledge in a useful manner, they will undoubtably incure a judgement from the Most High, who in His infinate Wisdom & Understanding holds all accountable for their actions in this life and the life after. Suppose that someone studies to become a doctor then decides not to go to work healing people, simply because he / she is uselessly lithargic, what a severe judgement he / she will incure. However, in this case it is not the fault of the teachers for miseducating him / her but it is the fault of the individual for being lazy and not putting into practice what he / she learned from the teachers, and maybe also the fault of the teachers if they failed to instill in the student a right conscience to recognize the purpose of education, which should be to serve mankind. In conclusion, I declare that it is not education in and of itself who is acursed, but the lazy, or otherwise misguided, individual(s) who fail to use what they have been given by God in a constructive and beneficial way for the welfare of mankind. Igzee Sete Mesegena ~

Messenger: White dread Sent: 1/25/2006 5:44:32 PM

seen,
but Iducation alone can be a curse, when a person who received wrong information, and teaches that to other yut. is becomes a curse. So not only the person can be the curse, also the Iducation.
So bless the allmighty jah for this reasoning.

Jah guidance

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/26/2006 1:13:33 AM

Starting in 1995 I attended university for 4 years. Every day I was there I always kept this saying from Bob Marley in my head.

-----------------------
Me no have education me have inspiration, if I was educated I'd be a damn fool.
-----------------------

And by keeping Bob's words in I head and trodding the trod of RasTafarI, I avoided becoming a damn fool.

And when I speak of education, I am speaking of the education through the schools of the system, not self-education or gathering of knowledge. And although the education from the system is designed to turn people into damn fools, there is still useful information that can be gathered from the education system, and it also provides people with a "ticket" to accomplish their goals, because babylon system is made to work with those "tickets". So I encourage people to learn what they can from the education system and get the "ticket" it provides, but to always remember Bob's words and observe how it turns people into damn fools and resist that part of the head-decay-tion.

In addition to teaching people about the work that they desire to do, the education system also manipulates them to integrate with and adopt the mentality of Babylon, where wickedness is taught as greatness. The economists praise the murder and downpression of people, by praising the great economical strategies that accomplish these goals, which in turn accomplishes the goal of imbalance, to make the rich even richer, and strips energy from the others.

The education system convinces the students that they are higher than the others because of their system, and this leads to separation from the others, making it easier to downpress them without feeling a thing.

They teach the students to think with the same mind as them, and to look through the same babylon spectacles as them. Downpressing others to rise themselves up higher.

I went to school to learn about engineering, and one class that I had was business related, it was called organizational design or something like that. The class promoted and praised the great techniques that they used, for example JIT (just in time) manufacturing, the concept of this technique is to hold little stock of products, or preferably, no stock, and to meet orders as they come. This way the company doesn't have to pay for space for storage. A requirement of JIT is to heavily make use of temporary work agencies, so when more orders come, they higher the temps, and then let them go when the order are a little less. This is great for the company because they only pay for workers as they need them, providing no job security, no return to the people, they let the people fend for themselves. This is what the people get in return for helping the rich man get richer. And there are so many other techniques they praise that use and abuse the people that work, and shift the imbalance so more and more money goes to the men that already have much more then they need, and less and less goes to the people that already have less then what they need.

I remember also that just as the professors praised these techniques, the students in my classes also praised these techniques as they were trained to do, being the best damn fools they could be. A year or two ago I was speaking to a young man that recently completed school and was working as an engineer. I reasoned to him about what Bob Marley said, and I reasoned to him about what I saw the schools teaching, and about these things that they praised as greatness but were actually wickedness. And how this head-decay-tion causes people to become damn fools.

After I was finished reasoning with him he was surprised at the perspective I showed because he never saw it that way before I told him, he said, "I never thought of it like that, I guess I am one of the fools you are talking about"

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/26/2006 4:22:56 AM

Yes White Dread, miseducation is definately a curse. I also agree with you Ark I, that the school systems aren't necessarily teaching the fullness of the "TRUTH" in their institutions, however in my opinion that only furthers the need for Us to infiltrate their defences to effect change from the inside out. We are "damb fools" if we think that we can change a damb thing by organizing protestes from the outside. Unless of course you plan to tear down the walls of babylon just like the Isrealights did to Jericho. If so, good luck. I'll support you however I can. In the meantime though I will continue to encourage all Rastas to pursue education in whatever form they have available to them, whether it be books, libraries, the internet, public / private school, college, university, nature, hands on experience, elders, television, etc... And also try to share what you learn with others only after you have proved it for yourself, to prevent the spread of bogus information. In the words of Emperor Haile Selassie : "A strong nation and a free nation can only base itself upon education." Hear the voice of the Rastaman sing ~

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/26/2006 9:03:25 AM

Please explain with examples how education can be a curse if not used correctly.

The I can look at this two ways. 1. The I can look at how education can be a curse to those who are not educated in school and life. To be educated in life is to be more educated in school. Because the stronger u are grounded in truth, the more u can advocate for the real truth in school and not wat the school calls truth. Because the more u learn the truth in life, it makes u stronger to enforce the truth within the walls of education and in society(unless u chose to ignore truth). I will explain this more later.

2. Or u can look at how those in school are not taught the truth in education. The real education to the blind is media via news, tv shows, movies and articles. IF u live in a community that secludes u from the real world, then u get the education from the media and ppl. around u. U start to fear the unknown by hearing ppl. ignorant views by the ppl. u love, the man that governs your city and the one that “rules” ur gov’t. Growing up as a child to an adult, u are influenced by church, community, family and school. If they all fail to show u the truth, then u will see the lies. IF u do no have family or neighbors to teach u the truth, u will not have education as well. Therefore, wat feeds u the wrong education is media, etc. If u are intually fed lies bout a culture, religion, way of life, etc. And that is the only source of showing u, then an image is formed. U start to believe the image that is formed by wat u see and read, and that image formed is wat causes us to be guided by lies.
So, for example, if u do not know anyone who is mexican and u do not learn about mexico, but u hear ppl. stereotype mexicans. You itinously read how mexicans are poor, live in slums, 20 living in a room. If u hear this over and over again, and image will be formed. U will subconsciously view mexicans as poor, living in slums and 20 living in a room. If u go into a home where they hear u speak like this and don’t teach u the truth, u will itinual to believe this. If u walk into a classroom and they do not teach the truth about mexican culture, or u around ur friends and they do not know as well, u will have the image and that will guide u as truth, when really it is a lie.
If u live in a community like me where u only see a boy and a girl, not different cultures, u do not see the lies taught bout other cultures. When u are in a school bus, in the school, at church or at a frens house and u join in with ur frens saying, “fight, fight, nigger and the white” and no one corrects u. U fail to see the racism u speak(I said that as a young girl with I frens, but I didn’t know). When u go to church and constantly fed that everything is white, u think subconsciously how everything superior is white( I didn’t realize this until I was 18 and jah show I the truth). You don’t realize how racism has taken innocent lives because the beauty of their skin( a book showed me that). If I did not have that book, and I am in a white community, then most likely I will not see the truth. So, every nite when I watch tv and they show a black man arrested for drugs, or committing some criminal act. IF u watch tv commercials, ie. sprite where they showed the black yute wearing baggy jeans, with bling bling hussling on the corner. If u are continously fed this, an image will form. U will think all black ppl. are husslers. You will think if u wear baggy jeans and a hoodie u are a gangsta. You will think all black ppl. are liers and cannot be trusted. If u read articles that are appealing to the young or ones that interest a reader. If the first lines are, “ it was a sunny day and RAP music was playing in the background, while the students are sniffing drugs.” IF u are shown this over and over again, u start to associate rap music with turning students onto drugs. This manipulation can be easily overlooked.
I grew up in a white neigborhood. One day, I was in the library and I had to pick out a book for a report. As I was walking down the isle, I stopped. It was like a book just called me( I didn’t even see the book), told me to stop. I picked the book up, at the end I cried and cried. I remember driving in the car with my mom yelling at her. I was mad that she did not tell me bout racism. I entire perception of life was shattered. I realized then, there was not just a boy and a girl, but racism and different cultures. I was angry that she failed to show me how racism was killing ppl. I was so hurt. The book was on dr. martin luthur king. jr. I know now it was jah that made I stop and pick that book up. From that moment I searched for truth. I studied the african culture and learned bout black ppl( I didn’t have any black students in my school). I approached the church with a childrens bible. I asked them what was wrong with the book. They had no clue, so I told them that the problem was only white ppl. were in the book. Why didn’t they show me throughout the bible where it shows there is black ppl. I felt so raped. Throughout school I studied and studied. What I studied was not found in the books in school. I studied life. I give thanx to jah for showing I, cause I don’t know where I would be today.
I see wat many do not and I try to educate. Many white ppl.(not just white ppl.) are not ignorant by choice, they just do not know. So, if u do not have any frens or neighbors, teachers or church reverands who are of different cultures. U will not be exposed to ppl. of different cultures who can show u, then u will be lead by lies. I still did not know until I was 18 when jah reveal I am a dawta, how I was subconsciously seeing everything supreme was white. I was fuking pissed..sorry to kuss, but I was hurt deeply. I own family failed to teach me, my education failed to teach me, etc.
When I was in highschool I followed the apartheid very closely, when they went to abolish it, I was jumping for joy. When they finally did, I remember running down the hallways jumping like I won the lotto. when I shared the great news with I classmates they looked at me like I was crazy. They had no idea wat apartheid did. I was so happy, but I knew I was different then most. I knew things would take a long time to get better in s. afrika, but I was still happy.
But, they don’t show u bout afrika. Out of 500 or more pages in a textbook, they show 10 pgs. of bullshit(sorry to kuss) bout slavery. They don’t show u the truth or give credit where credit is due. i.e. black inventors, selassie, etc. I didn’t find out til I was in college that I am cherokee.
So, this is the curse, because when u are raped of truth, u may not chose to ovastand, because u think wat u hear and see is correct. Unless u somehow find a way to seek it. But, if u think wat u are taught is the truth, then why would u seek. So, the media must stop lieing and censoring everything. The education must teach bout the real events that took place and continue to take place. Stop putting columbus, thanksgiving, xmas, on the calenders..etc. Stop looking at other countries as terrorist and look at our own president as one. WE are so blinded!
Well, I can go on and on, but I will stop now. Its more difficult to show I point by typing. So much more to say on this, but will another time. It would be easier to speak it then type it..

Messenger: White dread Sent: 1/26/2006 10:17:52 AM

Seen.
Always like to read your messages.

Jah Guidance

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I