Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1245&start_row=1

Sistren Call for help

1 - 5
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2006 9:13:52 PM

Greetings,

A RasTafarI Sistren LuTicia sent this message to see if anyOne can offer help in any way. She may be the same sistren Prophesy was speaking about, I don't know for sure.

-------------------------------
To Whom It May Concern,

My name is LuTicia Henderson and I write today to ask of your assistance. A great injustice was committed by an officer of the D.O.C to my Fiancé and I need to seek legal council to get the matter resolved. Everyday an innocent brother, sister, or child is sent to the prison walls of babylon by falsifying these "so-called" drug tests. Now, I am not only doing this for my fiancé, but for EVERYONE that has been done wrong by this department and these "so-called" sworn officers of the law. If you all can assist me, I would greatly appreciate it. Martin Luther King, Medger Evers, Toussaint Dessalines, and Marcus Garvey did not give their lives for us to get comfortable and allow this system to continually break us down. As a child, I heard of the many great things that agencies like National Association for the Advancement of Colored People have done to ensure that we are given our justice in this unequal system. With the help from you, we cry a mighty cry from all levels. I would greatly appreciate any manner of assistance that you will be able to give. My contact number is (954) 968-8521. Below is the letter in which explains the case a little more detailed, we have faxed this to the assistant of the Judge who is overseeing my fiancé's case:
My name is LuTicia Lanette Henderson and I am Mr. Sylvin C. Page's fiancée. I write to you today to ask of your precious mercy. He just got out eight days ago and we cannot afford an attorney. We had some bad experiences with his probation being in Broward County. I did call your Assistant to put us on the calendar to get the matter resolved, but I understand that she is busy. He was in for 45 days and he did not smoke a thing! The P.O. immediately stared to bother him when we got there and once tested he stated that because it is very faint in the urine then he would be ok. Sylvin explained that he had NOT smoked anything since the day of his arrest. You know it is sad that when you do good you are punished. Anyway, you are a reasonable Judge and we know that the evidence will set him free. This was a total set up!
In January, when you released Sylvin on Administrative Probation, as he was in the office in Miami they called Officer R. L. his P.O. from Broward. She proceeded to ask why you (Your Honor) discharged him and a whole bunch of curses and fussing. She told him that she could not be his P.O. no matter what you said. We went to Broward under the orders of the Chief Officer in Dade and she did tell us that she would report her to the D.O.C. When we got there she totally ignored Sylvin and made him wait over an hour just to tell him he had to go back to Dade because she could no longer deal with his case. Sylvin told me that when he had her before she went on vacation and left his now P.O. Officer S. S. in charge and he came to his job (Burlington at the time) and almost got him fired because he went on the job unannounced for no reason and making a huge scene that he was Sylvin's P.O.
Now, when we get to the P.O. office this time around.everyone kept looking over the paperwork. We got there at 3:10pm, they started to turn the lights off around 4:45pm and then here comes Officer S. S. So, when he gets him to the back.he keeps asking him questions that are irrelevant to the situation. Sylvin remains quiet, so he starts to say "oh; well I hope there were no hard feelings from our past experience because I was just doing my job." Sylvin remained quiet, he then says "well, you don't have to be so uptight nor do you need to have an attitude." So, Sylvin replied that he is only there to check in, answer relevant questions, and not to make friends. He continues to patronize Sylvin and then finally asked for the test. He gave it and the guy had to call a Supervisor because the trace was so faint. Then, he calls today (1/17/06) and tells Sylvin that the test was inconclusive because the lab "messed up" and that they needed a new sample. Without hesitation, he went in and was violated.
Now, I understand that you reap what you sow. But, Sylvin has not sown a thing to be getting treated like this. He has acknowledged that he made a mistake, but keeps getting punished. When you one is changing your life, under these conditions, makes one lose faith in the system. Sylvin is INNOCENT. He came home a totally changed man, he goes to work, comes home, eats, and goes to sleep. He has two sons and possibly a child on the way. This situation needs your expertise and mercy. I thank you for your time and consideration and for all the many times that you have assisted our family.
Once again I thank you for your time and consideration. May God Bless You.

Sincerely,

L. Henderson
A Sistren fighting for Equal Rights and Justice
-------------------------------

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/22/2006 9:41:57 PM

yes it is the same sistren, give thanx ark i...

prophecy

Messenger: zionI Sent: 1/23/2006 12:42:51 AM

Please advise as to what kind of help the sistren requires...

Give Thanks

Ras Tafar I

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 1/23/2006 5:08:16 AM

HOLY MOSIS I

Gues him BLACK haa ??

Fya

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/23/2006 6:58:42 AM

yes he is a ras and black, i mean i never met her, i know her from the rasta group in yahoo. I forwarded her and she told i the story, it just made i cry for him. He got in trouble as a yute, she can go into all that. He changed completely and is now a ras. I mean he now realize he a ras, but they keep troubling him. She needs legal advise or just a voice, cause they fuking with him(excuse i language). Its a long story, i will tell her to come and post the entire story. Afterwards, I n I will hear the earth shake from i n i lion and lioness roarrrrs..
She just wants i n i to come together too to fight for the rights of rasta. They found a ganja leaf on his shirt and used that as a weight of "drugs"...

SEe, this is why i n i should have resources. I plan on going to law school, but that will take years. IN the meantime, I n I need to gather and be one big voice. I dont know wat to do, it hurts i so bad to see innocent yute oppressed.
Yes, he made a mistake years ago, but he changed. This shystem don't give brothers a second chance. Why u think many go to jail, come out and can't get a job. Eventually they go back to the streets.

i will tell her to write a post wat she needs. Right now, she needs them to move him to miami, but they holding him too long. He just got out of jail a few weeks ago.
I burn fiyah on babylon, i pray for them, cause when jah come lick them down, they will have fiyah on them heads....

roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

your humble sister and servant,

prophecy

1 - 5

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I