Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1232&start_row=11

re: topics of reasoning

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/21/2006 9:40:32 PM

All scriptures for the upliftment of the conscience of mankind are beneficial. "Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God." {K.J.B. Hebrews 10:7}

Rastas are always arguing that this version is more pure than that version, and that this bible was edited by white men to oppress black man, or that black man piby burns fire on white monkeys, so on & so forth ... But in my opinion this nonsense is all hogwash.

H.I.M. says: "Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke."

Now who among us can make this same claim to have personal experience in the goodness of the bible ??? Is your name written in the volume of the book ??? I don't think sooo ...

Furthermore, His Imperial Majesties resolve should be an example to us all to strive for the acheivemnet of the same ideology that He Himself defends.

He continues by saying: "Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

Now who among us is not perplexed and drifting ???

"In seeing the negative attitude they have againts Bete Christian Ethiopa, part of their shame is not having the ability to read or write the language of Africa's oldest nation. Some will say it does not matter, but the world knows that if you do not have a written language, you do not have a real culture. One will never know the original history and culture of Africa, without Ethiopia and the God who She quickly stretched Her hands onto." {C. Hyman Asher, H.O.R. Amharic Textbook volume 2}

Learning a never-ending process that doesn't stop in the grave ~ Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/21/2006 11:16:14 PM

Prophecy,

I feel that Psalms 66:5 is showing how great and mighty Jah is. And how terrible the judgement is against the wicked, who fight against Jah and his children.

[7] He ruleth by his power for ever; his eyes behold the nations: let not the rebellious exalt themselves. Selah.

It is a warning to the wicked to not go against Jah because it is impossible to fight against the Creator.

Psalms 66 also speaks about how Jah purifies I and I and saves us from the wicked. But the reason that there is a need for Jah to purify us is because of the wickedness within us. Silver only needs to be tried in the Fire if it is not pure, if it is pure and clean there is nothing to burn away.

I posted a reasoning before that is somewhat related to this reasoning.

-----------------------------------------
the problems of people are caused by people. They always want to blame God, the devil, or anything other then themself.

People are murdered because other people murder them. People are dying from cancer because people poison the earth, water and air. People have no salvation in Jah, because they have rejected Jah.

-------------
Luke 13
1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things'
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem'
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
--------------

Repent isn't about asking forgiveness, it means to turn away from wickedness. So Christ was showing I and I that even if we are not the worse sinners, as long as we are sinners and separate from Jah, these things can happen to us. And the reason for this is that if we reject Jah, then Jah will let us be our own defence, because we have rejected Jah defence.

Haile Selassie I explains this further,

However wise or however mighty a person may be, he is like a ship without a rudder if he is without God. A rudderless ship is at the mercy of the waves and the wind, drifts wherever they take it and if there arises a whirlwind it is smashed against the rocks and becomes as if it has never existed. It is our firmm belief that a soul without Christ is bound to meet with no better fate.

So if I and I repent and live for Jah, and accept his guidance and direction, then Jah will be our rudder. So just like a rudder guides a ship through the sea, when I and I accept Jah, Jah will guide I and I through this world. So when the waves come, which is the bad things that happen in the world, I and I will not be moved. Jah will keep I and I steady and will take I and I out of the waves.

-----------------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/21/2006 11:43:52 PM

Ark I give thanx again for the reasoning and explanation. I am going to read the psalm again and use ur explanation of the psalm as I read it again..give thanx

I want to build a strong rastafari community where we have lawyers, doctors(not babylon dr.'s), etc. Because I feel the stronger the community, the stronger I n I can fight babylon. I am going to go to law school. I have I paralegal certificate, but I am not currently working in the field. I feel too many yutes are not given fair representation. People make mistakes too and I feel they are not given second chances.
I have a sistren who man got in trouble as a yute. He is now a ras(always been but just revealed). But, because he smoked he got locked up. Now they are treating him unjust. He just go out of jail and was called for a drug test. They said the test came back inconclusive, so he was retested. He was arrested, but he states that he was not using any weed. Its a long story, his queen will have to explain.
I am asking if anyone can please reach out to her, if u have any legal advise or know any lawyers who will work with her. I n I really need to come together and build a community of resources. So, times like this, we can reach into the rasta community and seek assistance. She has limited funds, i sent her some money so her fone can get turned on to receive his calls, but I don't have a lot to give. I am contacting some ppl. to see if I can get some help. I am asking I n I to help if I n I can. Time to put babylon to rest. So, if anyone can help or link I with who can. They found a leaf on his shirt and used that to say he was in possession. They also label him a drug addict cause he smokes herb. She told the story to I and it has i paws digging in the mother earth, and ready to shake down babylon. please email i at empress4iva@yahoo.com

give thanx, prophecy

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/22/2006 7:56:49 AM

Where do you live (question mark)

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 1/22/2006 8:22:19 AM

greets

if a one is a rasta and sees HIM as the true and living God.....then why do many ones hail JAH and not HIM?

ones say JAH this and JAH that

not many say HIM this and HIM that
unless ones are quoting HIM

just a thought passing thru InI brain this morning as InI give thanks to HIM for breath as it is HIM that create InI and not InI selves.

RASTAFAR I
SELASSIE I
Sis Irijah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/22/2006 12:24:34 PM

Some people don't look at RasTafarI as God, like the Twelve Tribes of Israel and others. so they use the names separately.

I sometimes say Jah, sometimes RasTafarI, sometimes Haile Selassie I, sometimes the Creator and sometimes say RasTafarI other names. The names are interchangeable to I because they are all names of the same One. After reading your post I looked at the post I made before and I noticed that I mainly said Jah there, it all depends on the post, I just write it as it comes out. I often times say Jah in the places I would normally say He to give more Reverence to RasTafarI.

After reading your post it made I think and it is better to spend more of the times referring to God as RasTafarI and Haile Selassie I. Your post has sparked I to make an effort to speak the name of RasTafarI and Haile Selassie I more often. I give thanks.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I