Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1232&start_row=1

re: topics of reasoning

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/21/2006 1:49:38 AM

Greetings, I would like to reason bout somethings whenever In I can do so.

1. Where is the proof that sabbath is saturday and not sunday? To I it makes sense, but I still need to ovastand why that is true. I know babylon changes so much. For ex. the calender year is off.

2. Selassie had one queen, so why do some ras feel they can have more then one queen? I just feel it wouldn't work, how can u satisfy all?

3. HOw do u feel about selassie coming to jamaica and saying he is not god?

I have so much more, but in time, I don't want to ask too much at once.

I do want I n I to gather and discuss issues that are happening in the world and ways I n I can each take a job and help change babylons mess. Cause think bout it, in the beginnin things were destroyed to build us. If we did not suffer, we wouldn't see jah. Now, Jah has left it up to I n I to rebuild. If I n I come together and do something. Im just thinking..

Give thanx and let i know wat i n i think. I don't know where everyone is from, but a annual conference is being held in georgia(rastafari conference). Anyone interested let i know, i will get info.

bless

your humble sister and servant,

prophecy

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/21/2006 2:35:03 AM

1. Where is the proof that sabbath is saturday and not sunday?

The word sabbath means rest, or to desist. The word for Saturday is Sabbato, which is latin. The early christians, mostly Hebrew, kept the sabbath, but because of the resurrection of Christ another day of praises and thanks was added, known as the Lords day on the beginning of the week. The sabbath was never changed, but another day was added. 1 Cor 16:1-2 But what we must remember is the the sabbath is for man and not man for the sabbath.

2. Selassie had one queen, so why do some ras feel they can have more then one queen? I just feel it wouldn't work, how can u satisfy all?

You just answered your own question with a question. Why indeed? Like I tell everyone, don't follow the Rastas, follow Rastafari. If you see someone who is calling themselves a rasta and they act opposite of HIM then fyah bun! This is a One God trod, a One Wombman trod, a One Kingman trod and thats it! God created a man to be with a woman. Jah says that a man and a wombman come together to make one. Man can't be one with several women.

3. HOw do u feel about selassie coming to jamaica and saying he is not god?

Selassie I never said He wasn't God. Read the newspaper atricles, read the Elders testimonies, and watch the video of HIM visit and you won't find this quote or anything similar to it. This is babylon trying to quite Rasta. But He did crown thirteen of InI elders and left them in charge of liberations abnd repatriations.

Blessed

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/21/2006 2:51:40 AM

Dreadnut, give thanx. Sometimes I n I don't realize that I n I know the answers that already live within iselves. I am not one to argue, but many debates go on about selassie going to jamaica and saying that. For example, I use Isaiah 9 where it talks bout a child will be born and gov't will be upon his shoulder. Many rastas will say thats not saying its selassie..
See, I learned that I must seek Jah for the true answers, but I n I must also guide each other. But, I truly learned that I must not rely on others for truth, but go to Jah for the truth. So much I just don't know, but am learning. I am truly blessed with nuff wise-mind, but so much I still need to learn too. I n I can reason and learn from each other, but the true teacher is the spirit that lives within i n i.
One thing that did confuse I is, I n I are all rastas, but many rastas believe differently. Some believe selassie is the elect of Jah, and others believe he is god, but not that almighty god. Some don't even think selassie is yeshua. So, I got confused, cause I thought, how can i n i be rastas but think so different. I realize that each of jah children have different experiences with the most high. Within rastafari is many mansions. But, I personally seek truth from jah, jah will show I. Im just still a baby of rastafari.

give thanx again, i truly apprecilove the i response..

yourhumble sister and servant,

prophecy

I forgot to ask another question about sabbath. How do u celebrate sabbath? I heard some are in the house by 6pm friday and fast til 6 pm sat. nite. Does it depend on the individual? Well, let I know, give thanx...

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 1/21/2006 5:23:49 AM

Blessed Love,

Sabbath starts at 6:00 PM Friday and ends 6:00 PM Saturday. The sabbath is to rest and keep a firm Iditation with Jah. Pray, read your Bible, and keep yourslef clean.

Yes I sistren and there are several "denials". The most famous of them was supposedly taken from an interview between Bill Mcniel and His Majesty on a train ride. And the others are hear say from this and that person that is claiming to deliver Selassie I word to InI. But you have to ask yourself several questions. Why would His Majesty crown InI for works that He did not agree on? His Majesty crowned no one else but InI. Why didn't the papers or video disclose this denial of His. Between the recorded meetings between His Ijesty and InI there is no record of such a quote. InI must remember that the government was trying to whipe out Rasta in JA and that if they could pull something to make InI loose InI faith they could defeat InI call for International Redemption, Freedom, Emancipation, and Equal rights and justice! InI Rastafari just sounded the trumpet and babylon want to cool the fire, but them cant fool Rasta.

Don;t take to no lie sistren. His Majesty is the ONLY King of kings and Lord of lords coming from the line of King David!

Hail Rastafari

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/21/2006 7:36:44 AM

Just cause boboshanti do it it begins in this ?

why should I do it ?
Why I cant not wake when I want ? And than pray and meditate?
its not rest ? SO its to meditate and rest .... no to be tired ...
6 days in righetous and one getting energy ... ?

say why this

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/21/2006 7:53:37 AM

The number 7 in Amharic is Sebat. The seventh day {Sebategn Qen} is a day of rest. There is much more to it but I am too lazy to get into it right now. Sorry. It has to do with certain prayers for certain days of the week from the Mezegeb Selot {book of prayers}. It will become clearer for you if you learn Amharic. There is a real natural order of creation that governs every aspect of our lives, including time & seasons.

Good luck ~

Messenger: erbalisse Sent: 1/21/2006 8:05:14 AM

Bless Sister Bee,

In the Lost Books of Adam and Eve, that recount in detail the Stories of Creation, as well as in the Book of the Secrets of Enoch, it mentions the sixth day, the day man was created, as being Friday.

erbalisse.

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/21/2006 12:47:56 PM

Greetings Idrens and sistrens, give thanx for all the responses..I don't let anyones words change I, but just make I grow. I listen to reasoning then search for the truth from it. Sometimes ppl. make their own interpretation, like they did to the bible. Proverbs 3 verse 5. "Trust in the lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine OWN understanding."

So, I have a question. What bible does I n I use. I use the king james bible. I have the torah, but want the torah and gospels.

I know of kebra negust( i have the short one,but i want the large volume). I know of maccabees.

I was reading Psalm 66 today. What does I n I think bout verse 5? "Come and see the works of Jah:he is terrible inhis doing toward the children of men."

I don't know if I'm correct, but I feel that Jah is telling I n I that, we sometimes have to suffer and go through terrible trials and tribulations in life. I feel it is to build I n I to be who I n I are and it prepares I n I for the work Jah has for I n I. Because I n I all hold different offices and gifts from the most high. So, I n I must be able to see those gifts. So, I n I must go through hardship to see it. That is just how I feel. I was reading another reference where jah says the poor will suffer, but will be rewarded from jah..I have to find it...

Verse 11: Thou broughtest us into the net; thou laidst affliction upon our loins.
12: Thou has caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest, us out into a wealthy place.

I read today proverbs 1:22-24

22:How long, ye simple ones, wil ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in thei scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
23: Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
24: Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

Chapter 2 verse 6-7
6: For the Lord giveth wise-mind: out of his mouth cometh knnowledge and ovastanding.
7: He layeth up sond wise-mind for the rightous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly.
verse 20: That thou mayest walk in the way of good men, and keep the paths of the righteous.

your humble sister and servant,

prophecy

Messenger: rep Sent: 1/21/2006 1:27:42 PM

Greetings Sistren, just wanted to let the I know that there is a book available at most jewish book stores entitled Pseudepigrapha. This book has aided InI in I meditation through many years. It contains a collection of writings that were removed form the bible by the early catholic church.Some of these writings include the 3 versions of Enoch,Jubilees,The Life of Adam and Eve,Baruch,Psalms of Solomon and nuff others(it comes as two seperate volumes.

If the I ever gets a chance to pick one of them up (it's pricey[but worth it in inI opinion],it also available as a reference book where I reside[Toronto]in the public library.

The one I have is put together by a guy named James H Charlesworth.
It is a valuable aide to Iditating the scriptures.Give thanks!

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/21/2006 4:38:39 PM

rep, bless up!!
Give thanx I will get the book and thanx for giving I the resource.

your humble servant and sister,

prophecy

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I