Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1213&start_row=1

EMPRESS MENEN

1 - 1011 - 15
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bee_2humble Sent: 1/17/2006 3:02:42 PM

Greetings,
Empress bumble Bee, I an I just wanted to know how many children Empress Menen had befor she married the Rastafari?
Bless

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/18/2006 1:55:48 AM

None. She only became Empress {negeste' ne'ge'stat} after marrying Emperor Haile Selassie the First.

Messenger: bee_2humble Sent: 1/18/2006 12:51:05 PM

Greetings,
Tefer_Anbesa, Give thanks 4 the i's knowledg.Haile Selassie the first was a christain?

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/18/2006 7:12:41 PM

Yes, as Jesus was a Hebrew man, Selassie was a Christian man.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/18/2006 11:34:27 PM

Empress Bumble Bee,

Don't listen to what Teff just said, he is being purposefully misleading. He is just trying to play smart. Vanity of vanities.

Look again at what he said:
----------------------
None. She only became Empress {negeste' ne'ge'stat} after marrying Emperor Haile Selassie the First.
----------------------

He is saying that before She married Haile Selassie I she was not an Empress. If he wanted to get more technical, he might have said that she didn't become Empress until she was Coronated.

So before she was Coronated she was Woizero Menen. And Woizero Menen had four children.

She first married Dejazmatch Ali of Cherecha, and bore him a daughter, Woizero Belaynesh Ali, and a son, Jantirar Asfaw Ali.

She divorced him and then married Dejazmatch Amede Ali Aba-Deyas, and bore him a daughter, Woizero Desta Amede, and a son, Jantirar Gebregziabiher Amede.

Dejazmatch Amede Ali Aba-Deyas died suddenly and then Menen's grandfather, King Mikael of Wollo arranged a marriage between her and Ras Leul Seged Atnaf Seged, but she had no children with him.

She then separated from Ras Leul Seged Atnaf Seged and afterwards she married Haile Selassie I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/19/2006 12:47:16 AM

I apologize. I should have said that She (Menen) became Empress at the precise moment that Her vow to Emperor Haile Sealssie was consecrated. Ark I is right. I am trying to be smart. God has no use for stupid people in His house. JAH ~ RASTAFARI !!!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/19/2006 1:17:08 AM

Vanity of vanities again.

That is not what I was talking about at all.

You behave like the Pharisees, playing smart instead of being progressive. You are trying to play smart by saying that Empress Menen had no children before she was with Selassie I, instead of answering the sistren's question.

Empress Menen is still the same person that had children before she was with Selassie I.

The Sistren came in humbleness seeking an answer to a question. And instead of being straight forward and giving her the answer, you try to play smart and say the Menen had no children, misleading the Sistren.

RasTafarI has no use for misleaders in Jah House. Haile Selassie I is not interested in vanities of vanities. So go on and feed your ego, but I and I know where he go, and it is not where Jah go.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/19/2006 5:20:22 AM

Ark I. You are executing very harsh judgements on me. All I did was answer the sistrens question. It is not to say that there is not more than one answer to her question. Please examine my motives more closely before condeming me. I will try to explain what it was that I was attempting to illustrate through my responce. Suppose you are baptized into the Faith and you accept a New Name. Then you no longer would answer to your old name. Thus there is a seperation between your old self and your new self. Same as when you go to Zion and receive a new spiritual body, you are no longer attached to your perishable physical body. Therefore, when Her Majesty the Empress entered into a marriage union with The Emperor, Her old life was finished, and Her new life had just begun. There is a definate seperation between Her old self and Her new self. Also to be perfectly honest with you, I am not 100% sure of the facts concerning the Empresses previous marriage. I don't think she spoke about it very much, at least not as far as I know. I apologize to you sistren Prophecy if you felt that I was attempting to mislead you. That was definately NOT my intention. I was merely giving you my personal opinion from my own perspective. That is all. I hope everyone has a joyous Timkat celebration. Selam ~

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/19/2006 6:11:21 AM

yes ...

be critical with one another thatīs cool dont ?

stop saying this mad things you bouth

no care who is wrong who is right

who is wise dont pu the self in such discussion

conflict yes ... are stupid ...

dont do it ... stop plz ...

Messenger: erbalisse Sent: 1/19/2006 6:55:25 AM

Greetings
This is directed to Tefer

While the condemnation was harsh, I also think there was some misleading going on. Miseducation is a serious offense.

Clearly you were trying to teach a lesson different than what she came to learn. suppose she only typed the question, waited for one response and then went out into the world to share her newly found knowledge... All of that misinformation being spread is going to be attributed to you, and rightfully so. Not only that, but in your justification, you make it sound as if she stopped being a mother to her children when she was coronated. While I do not know the facts, those are some serious allegations I would be shocked to hear of. The fact that her former life ends, does it also mean her parents are cut off, since they birthed a woman who no longer exists?

If you wanted to make the clarification about when someone earns the Empress title, you could have INCLUDED that information in a post that answered her question.

Be wise and know yourself.

bless
erbalisse

1 - 1011 - 15

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I