Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1207&start_row=1

Word Up

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/12/2006 4:31:47 PM

Question: "I believe in your beliefs and everything associated with ras tafari. but the only thing holding me back is that i'm white and i don't really see anything about being white. so do rastas have to be black to be a true rasta? thank you for your time and effort to answer my question"
Greetings beloved I am sorry I haven't answered before but I didn't just want to send you a hurried response. Firstly welcome bredren (or sistren?) to the Rastafari livity.

Secondly some quotes : First from His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie I

"As we do not practice of permit discrimination within our nation, so we oppose it wherever it is found. As we guarantee to each the right to worship as he chooses so we denounce the policy which sets man against man on issues of religion. As we extend the hand of universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or color, so we condemn any social or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds."

Next Bob Marley "Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all"

"Until the white man stop calling himself white and the black man stop calling himself black, we will not see it. All the people on the earth are just one family, and so my music defends righteousness. If you’re black and you're wrong, you're wrong; if you're white and you're wrong, you're wrong; if you're Indian and you're wrong, you're wrong. It's universal."

Idren, if His Imperial Majesty have called you, then come forward, there are many works to do. The I need to study and read about Ras Tafari, His Majesty's speeches, reasoning from the elders, African Istory. There is so much information available online these days and also many Rasta groups where the I could reason with other bredrens and sistrens. Stop believing and know Ras Tafari. Believe have a lie in the middle of it, so I&I nah say believe as it implies doubt. The I may still find a few Rastafari who will say that you can't be Rasta but, in I experience, things have changed a lot and many more Japheth idrens are coming into the faith. True I say Japheth and not white, see Genesis and the I-story of Noah and the flood. The European races came forth from Noah's son Japheth. The African races from Cham and the Semitic races from Shem. This is figured from where they settled after the flood. True you must always remember that it is from Africa that I&I God and King manifest. Also the Bible is an African book peopled by black people not white as we have been led to believe. RasTafari is a movemant of black people first but if you are willing to join the struggle for reparations and repatriation and equal rights for black people, then welcome.

RastaItes.com

Messenger: urban_sista4@hotmail.com Sent: 1/12/2006 6:19:28 PM

whatam blood waya say safe me love the jah rastafari

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/12/2006 9:53:36 PM

well ... to be a rasta u have to be black inside ... cause everybody came ... from Africa ...

and U REALLY HAVE TO

and

me white too

thx

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/13/2006 1:09:37 AM

A true rasta be you have to ~

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/13/2006 8:10:18 AM

:D

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/13/2006 8:10:18 AM

I mean ... fossiles was founded in Africa (not that material prooves hav my interest) but ... 2 bones was found there in Africa , the two more old ever found ... One Man One Woman ... I will search and tell you the age of they ...
I Have it on the book of theocratic nyabinghi order i think!
And ... there we was everyboy happy inside Adam and Eve living in the Garden with Jah , talking with Yahveh and the animals ... Pure ...
And had the sin we gonna out of there ... then begun the wheat to grow like Yeshua said ... and the other part too ... caim ... the bad ...
And all humanity came from this part ... and to be a true rasta I think you have to find your roots inside yourself , cause rasta its not religion , way of life , philosophy , by what I can see it is SELF-KNOWLEGDE seen ?
Purifying word taught and action you find yourself cause your mind is clearly enough to see what you are ...
Nobody turn into rasta cause its since childhood you are like this ... when u get out of ur mother ore u r , ore you are not ...
So when you white see your root will see if you are good ore evil ... if you belong of I-srael ore babylon ...
And see your begining was in Africa ... and that in Africa Haile Selassie appeared who is the Conquering Lion according to the prophets ... of Antique T.
And you see that black is more than a skin colour to us ... its the root ... its the image Jah gave to adam and eve first ... its important to pass this message to every brothers ...
Me are white skin ... but im not white ... I dont belong to white shistem etc ... so ... its a mode of say ... not just a race ...
so we wanna return to Africa cause of the cyclic energies that will be there ... cause its Africa and was Africa ... ALpha and Omega ...
seen ?
Jah Bless ...
no paranoya
Jah blaze hot
Love is what matter for the I

Messenger: Natti I Sent: 1/13/2006 10:26:45 AM

Iaise to di mos igh JAH

unu dis ere nah black mon busines unu. dis ere RAS TAFARI&I busines
nah whity mon busines JAH busines JAH movement of im children.Nah joke fi di wiked mon dem bun. so if imon heart pure wit imon luv den Zion fi I&I zeen.

Bless I

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/13/2006 10:44:16 AM

This is I and I business
MAKE WHITE RIGHETOUSS PEOPLE feal confortable at ur syde ...

Messenger: Natti I Sent: 1/13/2006 11:54:54 AM

Yes I

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/21/2006 1:38:56 AM

Greetings I wanted to comment on this posting. I am white(with cherokee), but I just see I as a dawta. I am asked many times "what am I?", I was called the "white girl with dreads" or a wanna be black person..the stereotypes go on.
I tell ppl. I am that I am! selah
I n I were all born from the mother's sweet land in Afrika. I n I don't even like the term race, cause it is misused. I hear society say, "black race, white race, asian race, etc." But, I n I are one race- human, therefore saying, white, black, etc. is making more then one race. I n I are created in different cultures, beliefs, etc intertwined into one human race. I n I are all one blood, one ppl. But, babylon hid the truth and so on. By hiding the truth, lies were created to separate I n I. Today the media is the education, where society, communities, homes, and schools should be. I n I as children of the Most High have to embrace the truth. Not one man or wombman can say who is a ras? I n I can show those who are not trodding according to the principles and laws of the most high. I feel I n I must stand by each other and guide each other. Once, a bredren told i sistren that she is not a real empress cause she wear jeans. NOw, I n I have no right to make that judgement. I n I can reason and suggest wearing skirts and explaining why, but i n i have no right to judge. I n I have the right to show the truth, because I n I not perfect, so I n I might not see. But, I n I must not lose humility and focus of HIM laws. Give thanx for the reasoning, i can go on and on, but i will stop for now..hehe

your humble sister and servant,

prophecy

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I