Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1175&start_row=1

confusion

1 - 9
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: griffintree Sent: 12/22/2005 11:48:43 PM

i am white and i am not rasta, but i feel something, something different and uplifting when i think of rastafari i dont know how to aproach it. where i live there are little to no rastas. i live in one of the most white places on earth, its called maine. its so white because we NEVER had slaves, black people came here to be free during the times of slavery. i feel that if i were to try to learn the ways of the rasta that i would be seen as foolish to the black man, for i have never suffered in my life nor in my past. but jah rastafari seems to call to me. the internet is the only way to learn more about rastafari, i need people to reason with me and help me understand, for i am confused.
thank you

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 12/24/2005 7:33:57 AM

Laawd

If JAH calls the I, the I must follow. There is no other way. YOu cannot escape from that. Like Jonah in the wale belly.
As long as you care about other man's opinions about you, you are NOT free. And as long as you are bound by such shackles, you seperate yaself from the Almighty, who lives WITHIN the I.
All I can tell the I is, stay humble and you won't crumble. Education is the most important thing in life His Majesty teaches, and SOUL education is even more important than school education. So it should be worth for the I to invest some money to travel and seek RASTAFARI where he is praised. If the INTENTION is there, JAH will open all ya doors. I do not live in the west and would have to check out a map to remember EXACTLY where main is, but I am shure Rastapeople are around in the bigga towns. I would suggest that the I should not get trapped and fooled by peoiple jsut because them black and dread. Go and seek for NYAHBINGHI meetings, or meetings of the EABIC. Stay away from anything that seems not right to you. Believe I, many take Rasta for there own bad bizness.

Blessed
Selah

Messenger: JahWoek Sent: 12/24/2005 8:42:13 AM

I dun no how far you want to travel..but theres a House Of Nyahbinghi in Brockton, Mass.....I think they are on the net or something...check it out..I could also suggest..just pickin up a Bible and give it a good study...impartial meditation...search for the truth...and the truth will reveal itself..I started off and Itinue to study alot by Iself...so grab yaself a KJV, a dictionary, some ital herbs, an a open heart...cause the temple of The Most High can be found within...peace brother....Ras Woek

Messenger: Sis Irijah Sent: 12/24/2005 11:05:10 AM

greets

please start with a version of the word other than the queen jane version......the living word is a good source

bless
Sis Irijah

Messenger: JahWoek Sent: 12/24/2005 12:34:48 PM

greeting sistren
what would be a better version for I to read?... I have many interpations..I use em all..figured that the message was one and the same?...KJV was given to I from an elder in boston...I&I know that its all been rearranged...so guide I so I may guide others..
Raspect
Jah Woek

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 12/24/2005 12:47:05 PM

The KJV has the best accuracy as far as Hebrew and Greek to English. It is a little difficult to read certain parts, but when you undo the almost poetry like structure to make it easy to read (which is what other versions are) you loose the meaning.

Messenger: griffintree Sent: 12/24/2005 7:53:58 PM

thank you all for your kind suggestions, i will look into what you all have said.

Messenger: ras shem tafari Sent: 12/24/2005 9:13:09 PM

griffintree,
greetings in H.I.M. name.

This is to be obtained after reading whatever version of the Book you choose.

One more thing: look for the "RasTafari Ible", a two-part collection. This and much more can be located at www.onedropbooks.com----I strongly suggest you go there. It is unlikely you can find a better source of books on hand and on sale.

guidance & protection
ras shem tafari.

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 12/27/2005 1:31:53 PM

yes I.... this is an ilah website as well because the I has access to HIS MAJESTY'S WORDS! The bible is Ites, but His Majesty's words are InI testament still... Sellassie I the FIRST!

Read with clean hands, pure heart and open mind... His Majesty's words are ever relevant to LIFE.

Blessed Love

1 - 9

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I