Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=117&start_row=41

The Nazarite Vow

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 70
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Brother Jahphet I Sent: 1/2/2004 6:44:35 AM

Greetings I

Yes Nefertiti, but you know, when I explained my overstanding of the vow, many bredren disagreed.
And I know this internet can make much confusion, so I donīt want quarrels just because bredren see it different, and through the internet confusion this becomes then a quarrel.
But I am happy to see, that the Is understand me!

Brother Jahphet I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/2/2004 6:48:43 PM

Greetings,

Everyone can speak freely on this forum. I don't want anyone to not say what they think out of worry about how others react. Quarrels are not necessary, I and I can reason about I and I views without quarrels. Quarrels may still arise from time to time, but I and I can move forward after a quarrel and Itinue I and I reasonings.

Jah Blessings and Strength,

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 1/2/2004 6:50:03 PM

Blessed Love, Jah Rasta Far I,

Brethren Jahpet, Thanks and praises. Haile I Selassie I

Heartically I hail the I. Site that no one is disagreeing nor quarreling with the I, be kind to yourself. The reasoning is for all to know INI together. Everyone sited something of themselves in the I posts, know that., even it it seem that there be CONflcition. KNOW that. Reasoning is not to judge nor compete for who is right/wrong less/greater. Love yourself Brehtern and love the INTENTION of the words that the I site and sound. Brethren and sistren to reason out is not for u, he, she, me exaltation. Nah, reasoning for the WISDOM for INI. SO no need to defend or offend, site ? be cool love love love love

INI speaking in oneness through the language of man.....words and such. THese words are not bad, ya site? It is just a language of the $Hti$tem that the $hti$tem requires for human overstanding. Babylon uses that language to promote CONfusion.(that b y websters be adding more words every year and still confusion reigns) THough all the one here be speaking the same english, each of us have differenct expereiences of that language. AS humans the ones desire a closeness to other ones in mind and body.. Jah bless INI for that...INI onesness, mystical vibrations that no words in language can ever manifest. Words are mere symbols of what is real. In our humaness each of the ones try heartically to express that, becasue we try to experieince that oneness on our own. But oneness is that INI....Oneness with all livity. Glory to the Creator for that blessing to reach out.....in love.....THe LOVE is the oneness of what is NOT spoken...

THat does NOT mean we are to be quiet,,,,and it does not mean that we be talking either. IN humaness we reason for uplifting our flesh of body and mind with pride....But it is in the INI reasoning of pure truth that INI HUMBLE one WISDOM and bliss. It is as if al the i's are untangling a cord of string so that we have a rope to use.

INI not judging anyone, so there is no agree or disgree....INI site OVERSTANDING.....What the human mind will see as disagreement, the spirit will site as something to be overstood in INI. When I judge u,he she or me, i am judging i concept of INI, which when I separate from oneness. ONeness has no separation from all.

I site Ark-I and his vision of the ocean. Nefertiti is a drop of water falling into the ocean, and once Nefertiti drops into the ocean, Nefertiti is no longer Nefertiti. OCEAN

I feel the tenderness of the heart, Brethern and I want to touch that place...but it is nothing unless it is INI. WHen I tender I can always be siting the Creator, but the oneness with the Creator, well THAT mercy sustains INI. Spirit of Jah-INI. ONENESS

Don't fear speaking what you know in love and fear no hearing of what the i know as well. Everything is a lesson or a blessing and a blessing is a lesson and a lesson is a blessing. When love is the aim, nothing can be downpressed.

INI hail the I seeking of truth...no flattery...just Thanks and praises for the oneness that is for INI united as ONE. ONENESS..

Hold tight, ras. Be free to know !!! Radiance of JAH RASTA FAR I.....

Messenger: HolyZionJahBless Sent: 10/10/2011 6:33:44 PM

Blesseth be Jah children from the giving Light,

I only recently started reading about the nazarite vow,
and when I was a bit worryin about the nature of the vine
InI read the whole subjectline
and think it's a special vow One makes with Jah,
as a little kid I was also Ispecially allergic for eatin of
tomatoes,
I recently started asking Jah about the nature of things Not
to be eaten, yet I was with I sister and she prepared a meal which
had some tomatoes in it, and I just concIdered not to eat it anymore,
but I still ate the tomato, and then that night had Idream of all kinds
of blots growing outta Iskin, so I kindly took it not to be eatin them again,
yet I do think the vow beside the wine, meat and other alcohol,
Jah wants to point to I the certain kinds of food I probably have somehow a weakness for and should refrain from a-taking,
When I was a little kid, (bein grown up with catholic church) I also attended as help of the pastor, somewhere in Iservice I get some wine as given the blood of Christ, yet I started throwing up that same evening or the next day in the morning I got sick... I finally started skipping the wine during these services,
I finally understand why :)
I thank Jah for showing I this site,
it's got a lot of gooood Jah vibe on it =)

Jah Bless,
King of Kings
Lord of Lords
Son of Man
Jah Almighty
Blessed be His name
Praise Jah
Praise Christ
Haile I Selassie I
Blesseth be Mary
Blesseth be Lady Zion

Messenger: NordMan Sent: 10/11/2011 12:24:25 AM

Greetings!

What fruits and veggies do really apply to the vow. I don't eat grapes but melon tomatoes and pumpkin and have heard differnt interpression and ways to deal with it. I'm allways up for improving but can't see the reason to stay of such a thing as tomatoes for example.

Anyone

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 10/11/2011 5:48:50 AM

It is for Ones and Ones to decide for themselves really. Personally I take the vow as descibed in Numbers as only speaking about grapes when it speaks of the 'fruit of the vine', so I have no issue eating pumkin, tomatoes, melons and the like. The items it descibes such as wine and other things are all products of the grape vine alone, so that is what I take it as. I know Black Christ Salvation who used to Reason here didn't eat such things but I and I never Reasoned on that in depth so I don't know whether there was any Reasoning except the Nazarite Vow behind that.
It is interesting to hear this story about tomatoes in the I's dream though Zion, because the spots the I descibes sound a lot like the dark brown or black patches that develop on tomatoes when they are afflicted with blight. I've seen a lot of that recently. I own crop was wiped out by it this year and the same as happened to every other outdoor tomato plant I've seen this year.

Blessed love.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/11/2011 10:39:05 AM

Here is something I reasoned before about the vine spoken of in the Nazarite vow
---------------------------------
I think the vine is refering only to the grape vine, and have always thought this. If you look at the word vineyard, it is only (or at least almost only) used in reference to a grape vine yard. The bible we read was translated by Europeans, and many countries in Europe call wine vino or something similar. The word wine was derived from the Latin word vinum. And also if you look up the word vine in many dictionaries, you will find that one of the definitions is the grape plant.
---------------------------------

Messenger: Eleazar Sent: 10/11/2011 11:39:51 AM

I also thought that the "vine" referred to specifically the grapevine.

Messenger: HolyZionJahBless Sent: 10/12/2011 5:36:31 AM

Blesseth be thy,
such quick answers =)

I think the I spoke a bit to soon and should 've thought about it
a little more,
but as it seems, thanks to reasoning,
the tomato does not appear to be a vegetable that causes the blots,

while in I dreams there were also bugs that were stinging I, (while this was also happenin in realItI for I got spots on I skin, but I knew the bugs were not there) as I now recall, later I felt like having blots in I dream.
perhaps this be a learning for to eat vegetables according to season...
since these days there is so many a-spray on these veggies,
yet what I Nazarite_I says does make I wonder about the deeper meaning behind these blights,

I looked up about blots in the bibl,e and this is what I found
(not all seem to have direct relation to what InI reason here, but they issa still goood lessons =) )

Ecclesiasticus Chapter 20
24 A lie is a foul blot in a man, yet it is continually in the mouth of the untaught.

I'nI , what comes out of I mouth sometimes does
scare the wits outta I, to hold one's tongue and to know when to speak
is a very wise man,

Revelation Chapter 3
5.He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

These a words came from Yashuah Christ given to Johannes (me thinks that is John in english)

Psalm 51
1Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Rom 3:4
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Exodus chapter 32
33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Moses came down from Mount Sinai and a-found his people having made a golden calf. Aaron tried to hide this sin by telling Moses the calf came out by itself.

Exodus chapter 32
And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.
And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.EXO:34:1
DEU:9:16
EXO:32:6
DEU:9:17
And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.DEU:7:25
DEU:9:21
And Moses said unto Aaron, What did this people unto thee, that thou hast brought so great a sin upon them?
And Aaron said, Let not the anger of my lord wax hot: thou knowest the people, that they are set on mischief.DEU:9:24
GEN:18:30
For they said unto me, Make us gods, which shall go before us: for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.EXO:32:1-4
And I said unto them, Whosoever hath any gold, let them break it off. So they gave it me: then I cast it into the fire, and there came out this calf.EXO:32:4
And when Moses saw that the people were naked; (for Aaron had made them naked unto their shame among their enemies:)1KG:14:16
1KG:12:28
Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD's side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.EZE:9:5
LUK:14:26
NUM:25:5
DEU:33:9
And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.NUM:25:7-13
DEU:33:9
For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves today to the LORD, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.NUM:25:7-13
DEU:33:8-11
And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the LORD; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.1SM:12:20
NUM:25:13
1SM:12:23
And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.EXO:20:23
Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written.PS:69:28
ISA:4:3
REV:3:5
NUM:14:19
REV:21:27
PHL:4:3
MAL:3:16
NUM:11:15
DAN:12:1
And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.EXO:17:14
PS:9:5
DEU:29:20
PS:69:28
REV:3:5
Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them.EXO:33:12
ROM:2:5
EXO:3:17
EXO:23:20
PS:99:8
DEU:32:35
And the LORD plagued the people, because they made the calf, which Aaron made.

Number chapter 5
23 And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and he shall blot [them] out with the bitter water:

This is when a wombman has 'cheated' on her man

As I see the vow,
InI know I is a vessal for life to carry and flourish,
the nazarite vow is to I like vowing thy vessal in complete surrender and devotion to Jah RastaFarI ever living ever faithful,

*a thing InI 'd like to add*

Matthew 15:11
"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."

Kings of Kings
Lord of Lords
Son of man
Jah Almighty
Blessed be thou name

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 10/12/2011 5:43:09 AM

I too couldn't overstand the whole grape thing, I site it as a fruit with many positive qualities, anti septic, anti oxidant, so couldn't overstand why it was included in the vow, upon meditating on it . I now see it as a symbolic gesture to Jah, man ate the forbidden fruit in the garden of Eden, he disappointed Selassie I in doing so and cast himself into sin, grapes are symbolic of the forbidden fruit, not eating them is showing We recognise the oneness with Adam but at the same time separating ourselves from those who continue to do wrong

To I the whole reason for the Nazerite vow is to show Jah we live in oneness with HIM each other and mother Nature

Blessed Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 70

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I