Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1161&start_row=21

Black...White.....why are using man made adjectives

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: JahWoek Sent: 1/17/2006 10:34:46 AM

Greeting In H.I.M. name.
On the whole scholarship thing...its funny when I hear people complain of things like scholarships and stuff like Affimitive Action in the work place...sayin that this is some form of reparations...ya serious....One time I was chillin wit my uncle at the firestation he work at...and I do know what to pocessed this all american guy to approach us..either way he was complaining that my uncle, who happen to be African..didnt deserve his job..he said because of affirmitive action...he lost his chance to fight fire to a less qualified non-white..CHA..either way white americans have always had a force workin in there favor...ie..officer McMahon pullin some strings to get his son McMahon jr on the force..there's always been that curve helpin out the next guy..so when people complain about better workin or education conditions for African-Americans its like gettin robbed for ya wallet and the thief says he'll split the money wit you if it will make you happy...bottom line certain people are born privelaged..Babylon try to sidetrack I with they lil incentives in life...F that..I&I want Equal Rights and Justice for all man kind...not just a few that are good for statistics..
Bless
ONE LOVE TO ALL

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 1/17/2006 4:07:11 PM

You know what I got to say about that guy? The reason he probably didnt get the job is because he didnt have a good attitude, then showed his ass to you two trying to make himself feel better. This is not a good represenative on behalf of white america, lol.

As for the rest, I do believe that some are born privledged, but why cant that be accepted? On my mother's and on my father's side both sides grew up dirt poor, and my mother and father worked hard just to get to middlclass. Im truly proud of my mother and my father cause I know what they have endured and they did it all for their two sons to grow up privledged(low standards), so I think it should be accepted. I accept that kids grow up these days with money in their pocket sense they was 10, but I accept it, cause I know with most somewhere down the line a family member worked hard to give them that status.

Blessed love,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/18/2006 12:08:25 AM

Blessed LOve! I n I can reason all night and day on this subject. I don't know how I n I feel, but I feel the gov't did not create affirmative action for positive. I do not like to get into a discussion on white vs. black. But, truth is truth, and society itinues to teach lies. So, please ovastand I am not trying to stir up any debates or sound negative. But, I feel through reasoning I n I can see more.
I feel that the gov't created affirmative action to create frustration between "whites and blacks" and other so-called minorities." Many may feel they have benefitted from afirmative action, but I feel it was not intended for equal rights.
It is 2006, and I n I still are not taught the truth. I n I still have holidays to praise murderors, and fail to give credit where credit is due. For ex. I n I still celebrate columbus day, thanksgiving, etc. But, the truth about these days are babylon.. Why is malcolm x not on the calender? Is it cause he was a rebel and told it like it is. He spoke the truth. Why isn't Ghandhi on the calender? Why isn't days on the calender to remember those who were murdered because of racism and genocide? Why isn't black inventors in the history books? son on and so on
I was raised in a strong babylon community. I was blinded by I-story and fed with his-story. It was not revealed to I that I am ras, til i was 18(now 31). I know Jah was there when I was a yute. In 3rd grade, jah show i a book on racism. It took a book to show I.
The point Im trying to make is, I n I are not seeing the whole picture, cause of the lack of truth in education. The education from society, communities, walls of education and homes. The truth is censored and the media is the source of education to the world that is not able to see the lies. I was a product of that, being a white/native dawta. If it wasn't for Jah coming to show I the light, I don't know where I would be today.
So, I feel that affirmative action was to itinue the division of the human race. I n I might think Im too serious, but that Is how I see it. I can only speak the truth and not hide it. The road is rough, but it must be trodded.
Give thanx,

your humble sister and servant,

prophecy

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/18/2006 2:19:14 AM

Well spoken Elijah. Prophecy, We Rastas do have Our own calendar, and there are many many many days dedicated to Our national heroes. No one is forcing you to celebrate something you don't believe in. Just be still and warship in the fear of the Lord by offering praises onto HIM, and He will be pleased. And~Fiqur

Messenger: JahWoek Sent: 1/18/2006 8:16:04 AM

Greeting in H.I.M. name.
First let I start with sayin I Iself dont have a white/black issue..I actualy had a white stepfather growing up...he was and is still one of the most kindest man I know...but I witnessed the discrimination he recieved when he decided he was going to marry a Puerto Rican woman w/ two kids...it was always a joke ting wit his buddies down the garage...or how they struggled to give us a better life..even though we were dirt poor in the suburbs..so I got to walk that line for a little bit..but as soon as I reached my teens and looked spanish to the neighborhood..and was curious about my roots suddenly I was treated like I was ruining a situation that was given to me...this oppotunity to forget my past and reinvent myself..see I love my mother...but at the time she felt it was better to leave the rest of the family in the ghetto and reinvent ourselfs as The Seesteds...see what Im tryin to say is I wasn't satisfied with saving myself...while the rest of my family was victimized...samething wit affirmative action or college grants...its just lil treats to keep us away from the bigger picture... help a few, maybe they'll shut up..dont get me wrong..I try to see positive in everything,but United I&I stand, United I&I Fall... Equal Rights for Everyone...Everywhere...Bless One & All
JahWoek I

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/18/2006 12:35:41 PM

greetings, the calender I am speaking is the american calender. The calenders used in babylon. I am not speaking in i own personal choice, but wat is forced. I point was that, society itinues to praise and teach events that are not correct. Not everyone is exposed to the choice of which calender to live by, because they are unaware of their choices. They are still hidden from the truth, because were still celebrating leaders who have not lead and events or holidays that are idol. Not everyone can see that, and that is the point I was trying to make. We need to give credit where credit is due..

blessed love,

prophecy

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/18/2006 12:41:42 PM

Greetings, I n I is taking I wrong. I was generally saying that, I know the I is not making it an issue. I just made that point, so I let I n I know Im not trying to create that. Because in another group that was the case where nuff argument happened(not from I), so I didn't want I n I to think that is what I was doing. I feel I message is read wrong. I am just trying to reason to the responses I have read. I feel I n I should be able to reason, but I feel I words are misread. I apologize for any confusion, but how the I took it is not how i was trying to say it. I was just sharing I thoughts from ur reasoning, but maybe I shouldn't speak so quik..The I just got I thinking thats all...

blessed love,

prophecy

Messenger: prophecy Sent: 1/18/2006 12:48:36 PM

Give thanx for ur word, sound, power, sorry i puter froze. I hope the I ovastand how I was sending the message. I like what the i said, but I just wanted the I to know, I wasn't saying u were making it an issue. Enough bout that, I just wanted to salute u for ur strength..bless up

your humble sister and servant,

prophecy

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 28

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I