Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1145&start_row=81

THE BIBLE SAYS SMOKING WEED IS A SIN!!!! (Babylon Lie against Ganja)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 102
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/16/2015 6:44:00 AM

What is witchcraft?

Messenger: Ayah Ntobeko Sent: 3/23/2015 12:23:19 AM

israel prince it seem like you dont like ganja,if you dont like it stop using de bible to convince people against ganja,ganja has been smoked from time immemorial in africa even before de scriptures were written.my question to de i why focuse on ganja alone as it is not only ganja smoke people inhale alone lot of gases people inhale on de universe e.g firewood smoke when cooking, de diifernt trees we inhale when cooking what about dem?smoke does not defile man but its de particles in de substance that can defile man like cigarretes.was not de israelites inhaliing de incence in de time of moses?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 7/22/2015 8:45:05 PM

well im careful when it comes to the bible and even i myself think the most joyful way to consume it must be to drink it as tea but its hard to overstand to me that you defile your body with it.

dont want to go to deep into christianity again but since youve mentioned the bible jesus has revolutionised the old testament anyways, no?

but i think the part about "defiling ones body" is interesting.
there are some other bible quotes about herbs that could be seen as a hint that ganja is divine. if defiling means to get impure its simply not the case, no? if you smoke cigarettes its a different thing. its obviously a natural destruction.

i dont want to teach evilness but im just reasoning. if you connect those commandments to smoking weed than getting rid of your wisdom teeth, being circumsized etc. must be a sin too. because your change your body forever.

i think getting a tattoo or a piercing for superficial reasons can be described as defiling ones body. but i dont know if i would say "its a sin!!!!".

so this whole concept brings sex on a whole different level. the act of taking a girls virginity alone is an act of defiling somebodies body.

very interesting.

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/20/2015 12:15:13 PM

Smoking weed is a sin?
It cant be a sin because God himself smokes it.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 9/23/2015 3:48:24 PM

Blessed Love,

"ishence"—
I and I contrast it to alcohol and other drugs, which we feel destroy the mind.

I and I hold that the smoking of cannabis enjoys Biblical sanction, and is an aid to meditation and religious observance. Among Biblical verses,I and I quote the following as justifying the use of cannabis:
Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."
Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb-bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."(ital.)
Genesis 3:18 "... thou shalt eat the herb of the field."
Psalms 104:14 "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and vegetation for the service of man."
Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith."(ital. again)
Revelation 22:2 " the river of life proceeded to flow from the throne of God, and on either side of the bank there was the tree of life, and the leaf from that tree is for the healing of the nations."

According to Ras TafarI,the etymology of the word "cannabis" and similar terms in all the languages of the Near East may be traced to the Hebrew "qaneh bosm" ÷ðä-áùí as one of the herbs that God commanded Moses to include in his preparation of sacred anointing perfume in Exodus 30:23; the Hebrew term also appears in Isaiah 43:24; Jeremiah 6:20; Ezekiel 27:19; and Song of Songs 4:14. Deutero-canonical and canonical references to the patriarchs Adam, Noah, Abraham, and Moses "burning incense before the Lord" are also applied, and many Rastas today refer to cannabis by the term "ishence"—a slightly changed form of the English word incense. Some Rastas claim that cannabis was the first plant to grow on King Solomon's grave.

?Bible sin?

Messenger: KnowThySelf333 Sent: 9/23/2015 4:29:21 PM

I see your point.
But even if the bible would say something aginst mary jane it wouldnt make any difference.
I dont see the need to justify anything we do with the bible.Justify before who?

No I just see it as our divine birth right to use all herbs mother earth gives us as we please without the need of justification by other men or books written by other men.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 9/23/2015 5:05:35 PM

Bless, KnowThySelf333

seen. good point. Just showing Bible says herbs ok and I and I say Herbs ok. Who was it say Herbs not ok again ?

Messenger: reasoningtime Sent: 9/23/2015 5:54:59 PM

bless up everyone. but @ skraeling...we seem to have the same opinion. what how come the different directions of rasta even exist? seems like rastas and even freemason arent of the same opinion in the world. but i just can follow what i REALLY think is right. thats all i can do. i do so and beside that i try to enjoy life. the greatest thing to do.

to me beer and sensi come from the same root. hops and hemp at least. like marley said. but alcohol can damage your system more.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/25/2015 12:43:48 AM

Greetings my lords.
First of all I dont think the plant/tree mentioned in Revelations growing on either side of the river of living water is the ganja, hardly. Since the tree mentioned its also added that the tree bears fruit twelve times a year, that is every month. Marijuana is an annual plant-its lifetime, from seed to flower to fruit, is from 4/5 months to 1 year, so it cant be the one.

I think this tree mentioned in revelations is the tree of life, which black Adam and black eve were banned from approaching it after they transgressed against Selassie I's command not to eat from the tree of wisdom, which is the marijuana. So man was allowed to continue eating from the tree of wisdom, since man was made in God's image, but after sinning against God, they lost their glory.

Man was obliges to till the ground after being sent away from the garden of splendour, but we learn that God cursed the groung saying-the ground will be like bronze. It will yield brambles and thorn bushes. Here is where psalm 104;14 comes in, "He causeth the grass to grow for cattle, and HERB for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth." After eating HERB/ wisdom tree, man would have the wisdom and knowledge to bring forth food out of the earth which had been cursed due to their sin.

Messenger: John Israel Sent: 10/25/2015 12:52:30 AM

Also in Genesis, after eating from the tree of wisdom, Adam and Eve realised they were naked, ""....and they sewed fig leaves together and made aprons...""gen 3.7 king james version

To sew any kind of clothing(in this case aprons) one needs a needle, thread or string, and fabric[in this case fig leaves]. So our parents fashioned a wooden needle of some sort, made string out of plant fibre and sewed aprons using FIG LEAVES. So after eating the wisdom fruit[marijuana] they became creative. The HERB inspires creativity. I never thought apples could give wisdom and creativity. Blessed love. Give thanks and praise to the most high, Holy Immanuel I Selassie I JAH RASTAFARI most high God Marcus Garvey.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 102

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I