Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1145&start_row=71

THE BIBLE SAYS SMOKING WEED IS A SIN!!!! (Babylon Lie against Ganja)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 102
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sheba.. Sent: 4/24/2009 1:04:33 PM

blessed idrens...

InI is a lover of ganJAH and a ganJAH farmer....

ganJAH is as natural as our itol foods and each and every part of I ganJAH plant can be used i.e InI can make rope,material for clothes,paper,oil for cooking,ganJAH can even power InI car and supply InI wid gas and electric....

a good book to read is...
The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer....

blessed idrens...

Messenger: Ras power Sent: 4/27/2009 8:15:04 PM

well ini view is that ini am the temple, and where jah dwell, and the temple before the high priest went to the ark of the covenant it had to be smoked, to purify it. now ini am the temple where jah dwell and we smoke the temple,

now there are different smoke, a baker who bakes bread know that, incense smoke is different from paper smoke, and i had a paper which show that studies were done with people who smoke weed and people who don't smoke any thing and those who smoked lungs were slightly healthier than those who did not smoked anything.

here is a paper that i have

IT IS SAID THAT THE ASSYRIANS USED HEMP AS INCENSE IN THE SEVENTH OR EIGHTH CENTURY BEFORE CHRIST AND CALLED IT QUNUBU, A TEARM APPARENTLY BORROWED FROM AN OLD EAST IRANIAN WORD KONABA THE SAME AS THE SCYTHIAN NAME CANNABIS( PLANT OF THE GODS-ORIGIN OF HALLUCINOGENIC USE BY RICHARD E SCHULTES AND ALBERT HOFIMAN)

IT IS RECORDED THAT THE CHINESE TAOIST RECOMENDED THE ADDITION LF CANNABIS TO THEIR INCENSE BURNERS IN THE FIRST CRNTURY AS MEANS OF ACHIEVING IMMORALITY. (MARIJUANA, THE FIRST TWELVE THOUSAND YEARS, BY EARNEST ABEL, PG 5)

THERE IS A CLASSIC GREEK TERM,CANNABEIZEIN, WHICH MEANS TO SMOKE CANNABIS. CANNABIZEIN FREQUENTLY TOOK FROM OF INHALING VAPORS FROM AN INCENSE BURNER IN WHICH THESE RESINS WERE MIXED WITH OTHER RESIN, SUCH AS MYRRH, BALSAM, FRANKINCENSE, AND PERFUMES. (RITUAL USE OF CANNABIS SATIVA L)

HERODOTUS IN THE FIFTH CENTURY B.C OBSERVED THE SCYTHIANS THROWING HEMP ON HEATED STONE TO CREATE SMOKE AND OBSERVED THEM INHLING THIS SMOKE. ALTHOUGH HE DOSE NOT IDENTIFY THEM, HERODOUS STATE THAT WHEN THEY HAVE PARITIES AND SIT AROUND A FIRE, THEY THROUGH SOME OF IT INTO THE FLAMES. AS IT BURNS, IT SMOKES LIKE INCENSE, AND THE SMELL OF IT MAKES THEM DRUNK, JUST AS WINE DOSE US. AS MORE FRUIT IS THROWN ON, THEY GET MORE AND MORE INTOXICATED UNTIL FINALLY THEY JUMP UP AND START DANCING AND SINGING.( HERODOTUS, HISTORIES 1.202)

THE NAME CANNABIS IS GENERALLY THOUGHT TO BE OF SCYTHIAN ORIGIN. SULA BENET IN CANNABIS AND CULTURE ARGUES THAT IT HAS A MUCH EARLIER ORIGIN IN SEMITIC LANGUAGES LIKE HEBREW,OCCURRING SEVERAL TIMES IN THE OLD TESTAMENT. HE STATES THAT IN EXODUS 30V23 THAT GOD COMMANDS MOSES TO MAKE HOLLY ANOINTING OIL OF MIRTH, SWEET CINNAMON, KANEH BOSM, AND KASSIA. HE CONTINUES THAT THE WORD KENEH BOSOM IS ALSO IN THE TRADITIONAL HEBREW AS KANNABOS OR KANNABUS AND THAT THE ROOT KAN IN THIS CONSTRUCTION MEANS REED OR HEMP, WHILE BOSM MEANS AROMATIC. HE STATED THAT IN THE EARLIEST GREEK TRANSLATION OF THE 'kan' WAS RENDERED AS REED, LEADING TO SUCH ERRONEOUS ENGLISH TRANSLATIONS AS SWEET CALAMUS. EXO 30V23, SWEET CANE ISA 43V234,JERE 6V20 AND CALAMUS EZE 27V19 SONG OF SOLOMON 4V14

BENET ARGUES FROM THE LINGUISTIC EVEDENCE THAT CANNABIS WAS WELL KNOWNIN OLD TESTAMENT TIMES AT LEAST FOR ITS AROMATIC PROPERTIES AND THAT THE WORD FOR IT PASSED FROM THE SEMITIC LANGUAGE TO THE , IE. THE ASHKENAZ OF THE OLD TESTAMENT.

SARA BENETOWA OF THE INSTITUTE OF ANTHROPOLOGICAL SCIENCE IN WARSAW IS QUOTED IN THE BOOK OF GRASS AS SAYING: THE ASTONISHING RESEMBLANCE BETWEEN THE SEMITIC KANBOS AND SCYTHIAN CANNABIS LEADS ME TO THAT TO SUPPOSE THAT THE SCYTHIAN WORD WAS OF SEMITIC ORIGIN. THESE ETYMOLOGICAL DISCUSSIONS RUN PARALLEL TO ARGUMENTS DRAWN FROM HISTORY.

THE IRANIAN SCYTHIANS WERE PROBABLY RELATED TO THE MEADS, WHO WERE NEIGHBOR OF THE SEMTIES AND COULD EASILY HAVE ASSIMILATED THE WORD FOR HEMP. THE SEMITES COULD ALSO HAVE SPREAD THE WORLD DURING THEIR MIGRATION ASIA MINOR.

TAKING INTO ACCOUNT THE MATRIARCHAL ELEMENT OF SEMITIC CULTURE, ONE IS LED TO BELIEVE THAT ASIA MINOR WAS THE ORIGINAL POINT OF EXPANSION FOR BOTH THE SOCIETY BASED ON THE MATRIARCHAL CIRCLE AND THE MASS USE OF HASHISH

THE ANCIENT ISRAELITE WERE A SEMITIC PEOPLE. ABRAHAM, THE FATHER OF THE NATIONS, CAME FROM UR, A CITY OF BABYLONIA LOCATED IN MESOPOTAMIA. THE ISRAELITES MIGEATED THROUGHOUT ASIA MINOR AND COULD EASELY HAVE SPREAD THE RELIGIOUS USE OF MARIJUANA.

IT IS SAID THAT MOSES, AT THE DIRECTION OF ALMIGHTY GOD,FIRST BROUGHT IN THE USE OF INCENSE IN PUBLIC WORSHIP, AND THAT THE OTHER NATIONS OF ANTIQUITY COPIED THE PRACTICE FROM IT FROM HIM. IT WAS HOWEVER A PRACTICE THAT BEGAN WITH ADAM . THE BOOK OF JUBILEES AN (APOCRYPHAL BOOK WAS CONSIDERED CANONICAL BY THE EARLY CHURCH AND IS TO THIS DAY IS BY THE ETHIOPIAN ZION COPITIC CHURCH) STATES THAT ON THE DAY WHEN ADAM WENT FORTH FROM THE GARDEN OF EDEN, HE OFFERED AS A SWEET SAVOUR AN OFFERING OF FRANKINCENSE, GALBANUM, AND STACTE, AND SPICE, IN THE MORNING WITH WITH THE RISING OF THE SUN, FROM THE DAYNWHEN HE COVERED HIS SHAME. AND ENOCH WE READ THAR HE BURNT THE INCENSE OF THE SANCTUARY, EVEN SWEET SPICES, ACCEPTABLE BEFORE THE LORD, ON THE MOUNT

BLESSED LOVE

Messenger: Yaa Asantewa Sent: 4/28/2009 5:37:09 AM

Bless Ras Power

Thanks for the ights. This is an interesting post to read.

I wanted to point something out in light of some recent events, I feel I should.

I think InI need to blaze out the idea of this polarised matriach / patriach thing. I'm just talking about some of the content of the writings there... the matriarchal semitic society...

Yeh. I really feel in this time that these arguments are really... detrimental to InI rise. It always seems to be one or the other. Either a society is matriarchal or it's patriarchal. What is the word for the right one? Maybe it is Empire or something. Cos I'm thinking an Empire needs an Emperor and Empress. Unlike British Empire which had one barren spinster wench at it's head (Queen Victoria).

I think one of the things I like most about looking at African History, particularly ancient eternal histories of KMT, Ethiopia, and Cush is that the societies seem to be promote each to be divine and serving within their own natural endowments and blessings. So the Emperor brings something special and masculine, the Empress brings her own... what do we call... feminine touch.

Who would be without each one in equal doses?

Thanks for the post though. I really love the history lesson... and the idea of burning herbs with other Incense and leaves and spices sounds absolutely wonderful!!! Has anyone ever put rosemary in their ights? That is also lovely.

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 4/28/2009 8:05:35 AM

Yes Empress blessed love. I have to agree with what the I is saying.
man and womban come together to create the divine whole. Man is not whole without womban, because some of the essence was taken from the side of man (equally), so now it is the coming together of man and womban that brings together the divine whole. That is why I sight that Jes-us tell I and I that when man and womban come together they become one flesh.

Haile I! Stay Haile blessed!

Messenger: AMcclure Sent: 4/28/2009 9:05:10 AM

as young as i am i see that smoking is not a sin..and it is not seen in the bible as a sin.herb was for service of man..that means to me that u smoke it or eat it,alot of people that i know use it for tea so...its not a sin.

Messenger: Nyam Sent: 5/26/2009 5:27:53 PM

Exactly.

Psalm 104:14: "He causeth the grass for the cattle and herb for the service of man."

Messenger: the whole truth Sent: 11/15/2010 9:00:36 PM

THE BIBLE SAY ITS NOT WHAT GOES IN A MAN THAT DEFILES A MAN BUT WHAT COMES OUT OF HIS HEART....AND OUT OF THE HEARTS OF MEN PROCEED EVIL THOUGHTS, ADULTERIES, FORNICATIONS, MURDERS, THEFTS, COVETOUSNESS, WICKEDNESS, DECEIT, LEWDNESS, AN EVIL EYE, BLASPHEMY, PRIDE, FOOLISHNESS....ALL THESE EVIL THINGS COME FROM WITHIN AND DEFILE A MAN....MARK 7:15 SAIDS "THERE IS (NOTHING) THAT ENTERS A MAN FROM OUTSIDE WHICH CAN DEFILE HIM,,BUT THE THINGS THAT COME OUT OF HIM, THOSE ARE THE THINGS THAT DEFILE HIM"...MARK 7:18 SAIDS IT AGAIN..."THAT (WHATEVER)(MEANING ANYTHING)...ENTERS A MAN FROM OUTSIDE CANNOT DEFILE HIM" SO THAT MEAN SMOKE,FOOD,ETC. ALSO IN MARK 7 JESUS WAS TELLING THE PHARISEES THAT THEY HAD THE WRONG UNDERSTANDING ON WHAT DEFILES A MAN CAUSE THEY WERE KEEPING THE COMMANDMENTS OF MAN INSTEAD OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD...SO IF YOU WOULD READ MARK 7:1 THRU 23 YOU WOULD SPEAK MORE KNOWLEDGE ON GOD'S COMMAMDMENTS INSTEAD OF MAN MADE COMMANDMENTS...HONOR GOD IN TRUTH AND IN SINCERITY AND GET A TRUE UNDERSTANDING 4 YOURSELF INSTEAD OF FOLLOWING MAN MADE LAWS...OR MAN MADE TRADITIONS...EVEN GENISIS 1:11&12 SAYS THAT GOD SAID LET THE EARTH BRING FOURTH GRASS, THE HERB THAT YIELDS SEED & THE FRUIT TREE THAT YIELDS FRUIT ACCORDING TO ITS KIND WHOSE SEED IS IN ITSELF, ON THE EARTH AND IT WAS SO....AND ALL THAT GOD SPOKE IT CAME FOURTH AND GOD SAID THAT IT WAS GOOD AND ALSO IN GENISIS 1:29 GOD SAID THAT HE HAS GIVEN US EVERY HERB THAT BARE SEEDS TO USE FREELY WHICH HE TOLD ADAM IN GENISIS 2:16....AND NOT ONLY DID HE SAY IT WAS GOOD, BUT THE HERBS THAT HE HAS GIVEN US, GOD SAID THAT IT WAS VERY GOOD....SO KNOWING THIS HOW CAN MAN SAY THAT ITS BAD WHEN GOD HIMSELF BLESSED IT ON THE 3RD DAY AND SAID THAT IT WAS VERY GOOD....GOD SAID MAN WOULD LEAD YOU WRONG SO WHO ARE YOU GONNA BELIEVE MAN OR GOD?....BE ENCOURAGED AND I LEAVE YOU IN PEACE....GOD BLESS

Messenger: Empress Anna "One Love" Sent: 11/19/2010 5:17:42 PM

Greeting Idren I see your point but isn't tattooing and piercing defying your body as well I'm not saying we shouldn't care for our bodies but the body is but a shell in which your spirit and soul lives on and when we carry over to death our bodies deteriorates it no longer has an importance isn't it more important the way we live, the people we are and become, the way we treat others and that we live spiritual lives lifes to the best of our abilities yes it is important that we care 4 ourselves to live long lives but we do more harm to our bodies with over the counter drugs,cigarettes,and alcohol. God put herbs on the earth for us to use to find cures to use 4 medicine to eat its his own creation for it to be used positively for our own well being it might not say anything about smoking it in the bible but who are we to say its not right everyone can interpret the bible and speak on it on their own overstanding its a natural creation by God key word (GOD) how are you gonna fight something thing that was created and was here b4 us and told to us from the begging of time that by (GOD) it was created for us to find use for it.

Messenger: BigG Sent: 3/16/2015 12:43:11 AM

Greetings all I have one thing I'm trying to put together is and figure out why do some pastors preach on weed being connected to witchcraft but it supposedly opens the third eye ,and we know that witchcraft is of satan so How can I help people understand that its not of witchcraft. Because I received the Holy Spirit about 7 days ago and I still don't believe that weed is a sin to smoke what they say just doesn't add up and when i tell them this they get mad I get called names.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/16/2015 6:01:11 AM

'Receiving' the Holy Spirit is a sin
Rasta don't recieve man
Rasta don't eat flesh, much less blood
Much less the flesh and blood of a dead man
Much less a man who uses a made up name
And may or may not have actually existed
But has been used to enslave InI for thousands of years to 'civilise' I ancestors who had not known of a Jesus or a bible away from their indigenous doctrines and practices which from the time the Greeks entered Egypt until the time Columbus went pirating, has been styled as 'witchcraft'

Fire on the pastor

Whole perspective need a rethink

Especially if you are a black man

Haile I

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 102

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I