Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1145&start_row=51

THE BIBLE SAYS SMOKING WEED IS A SIN!!!! (Babylon Lie against Ganja)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 102
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 1/6/2006 11:20:16 AM

Israelite Prince,

Some questions for the scripture expert:

Where does it say Moses wrote the Torah?

How did Moses narrate occurances after his death?

Why did he write two different stories of Creation? (two genealogies of Adam’s progeny, two stories of the covenant w/ Abraham, two stories of the naming of Isaac, two stories of Abraham passing his wife off as his sister, two stories of Jacob’s journey to Mesopotamia, two flood stories, two stories of the revelation to Jacob at Beth-El, two stories of God’s changing Jacob’s name, two stories of getting water from a rock at Meribah, etc., etc., etc.

And how is it that wherever these doublets appear one refers to “God” and the other to “Yahweh”?

Why would Moses refer to certain places in the narrative as still visible “to this day”?

Can you clarify these inconsistencies for I?

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 2:4, 4:26, 12:8, 22:14-16, 26:25 God was already known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) much earlier than the time of Moses.
EX 6:2-3 God was first known as "the Lord" (Jahveh or Jehovah) at the time of the Egyptian Bondage, during the life of Moses

GE 6:19-22, 7:8-9, 7:14-16 Two of each kind are to be taken, and are taken, aboard Noah's Ark.
GE 7:2-5 Seven pairs of some kinds are to be taken (and are taken) aboard the Ark.

GE 10:5, 20, 31 There were many languages before the Tower of Babel.
GE 11:1 There was only one language before the Tower of Babel.

EX 3:20-22, DT 20:13-17 God instructs the Israelites to despoil the Egyptians, to plunder their enemies.
EX 20:15, 17, LE 19:13 God prohibits stealing, defrauding, or robbing a neighbor.

EX 20:13, DT 5:17, MK 10:19, LK 18:20, RO 13:9, JA 2:11 God prohibits killing.
GE 34:1-35:5 God condones trickery and killing.
EX 32:27, DT 7:2, 13:15, 20:1-18 God orders killing.

I have hundreds of such questions after years of serious study of the Bible, you act like the authority, answer these and we'll go on to investigate the nature and origin of these books we call the Bible.

Let InI read from the Book of Life Iselves without outdoctrinatation.

JAH RASTAFARI

Messenger: Israelite Prince Sent: 1/7/2006 9:53:12 PM

Now i could easily answer all of these questions, but I am not going to. I can sense that you dont truly want to know, but you just want to argue. The scriptures clearly instruct me NOT to answer in this case.

Pro 23:9 Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.
Pro 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

If I allow you to drag me into this debate i will look just as foolish as you do. So, i choose not to answer, i have already answered every thing else people tried to throw at us, and you can see clearly that we have the knowledge of God based on that alone.

The funny thing is, you are a Rasta, and all of those questions STILL didnt get answered... no one in your rasta place of worship could tell you why Moses wrote "as it is this day"...lol. Easy questions like that, you get no answer, and how long have you been involved with this philosophy?

Messenger: White dread Sent: 1/8/2006 10:44:06 AM

That's funny...if you dont't want to replied cause we are foolish. why did you replied sooooo many times before...face it...you cyaant answer everything...why do you act like this..
Dem say dem a the dolphin but me see dem a the shark

Dem say dem a the dolphin but me see dem a the shark
Dem stand ina the spotlight and live in the dark
claim say dem grounded but me see dem a skylark
so to me dem can´t talk
-Gentleman

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 1/8/2006 11:44:00 AM

Well I.P.,

InI see clearly now that you have only come into InI midst to sow seeds of contention. You post the most foolish things Iman have ever seen on this site. You will answer any "foolishness" that you have been outdoctrinated with an answer to and hide from your ignorance when forced to think for yourself.

Of course I know the ridiculous 17th century puritanical answers to my questions, but they don't actually answer anything. Do you even know when and where each of the books of the Bible originated, how and when it was decided which books were in and which were out? What the critereon was for being included in the canon? Do you know when it was decided that Jesus was Divine or that Mary was a virgin or even how long it was after Jesus died that the gospels were written?

You reflect quite poorly on your faith, you come here to try to use your spotty knowledge of scripture to tell others that they are wrong and you are right, you try to come between spiritual people and their relationship with the Almighty. If you fully internalized the Christian message you would not act so here. Is your faith so unstable that it requires you to attack ones already livicated to Peace, Love and Inity?

"Blessed are the Peacemakers."

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/8/2006 11:09:23 PM

prince,

This post is not concerning this topic in particular, this is concerning the whole example that you have brought here.

If you love Christ so much then live by His example and stop living by the example of wicked babylon who enslaved your people. Christ didn't go around like you at all. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John more slowly and thoroughly, observe how Christ lives and interacts with people and see what Christ teaches the people and you learn live and teach the same way.

Here is a message from Haile Selassie I to you and people like you,

With the birth of the Son of God, an unprecedented, an unrepeatable, and a long-anticipated phenomenon occurred. He was born in a stable instead of a palace, in a manger instead of a crib. The hearts of the Wise men were struck by fear and wonder due to His Majestic Humbleness. The kings prostrated themselves before Him and worshipped Him. 'Peace be to those who have good will. This became the first message.

When He sacrificed himself at Golgotha for the atonement of our sin, He prayed with His last breath for the forgiveness of those who had tortured Him saying, 'Father, forgive them for they know not what they do'. Shame on those of us who are Christians and do not follow the way of the Savior of the World, whose life was filled with kindness, humility, and martyrdom! If we lived by the laws he gave us and were worthy of being called Christian, peace would have reigned on this earth.

Men were supposed to be the equals of the living angels who unceasingly sang praises before the eternal God. Had this been so, peoples of the world would not have been divided along lines of enmity.

Christmas Broadcast to America

Haile Selassie I lives by the example of God, the same example as Yeshua Christ.

The world only speaks about Jesus Christ but tries their hardest not to live by the example of Yeshua Christ. Christ sacrificed himself to teach us the way to Live and show us the example of God. He knew that the wicked would crucify Him for teaching these things, but he taught it anyways so the We could learn. And the fools skip the whole message and continue to live like their stiff-necked foreparents.

What a shame, what a shame,

there is no help in men because the help of men is vanity
I and I don't put our trust in men.

I and I put our trust if Jah RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I
Jah live forIver more.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Israelite Prince Sent: 1/9/2006 3:37:41 PM

In conclusion, smoking weed is a sin.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/9/2006 4:04:06 PM

Only based on your opinion and the opinion of a few other men.

It is good for I that I don't look to men for I standards.

I look to Jah.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 1/9/2006 10:47:55 PM

The wisdom of Man is foolishness to God & the foolishness of Man is wisdom to God. Let he who is without blemish cast the first stone. Judge not. If smoking weed causes you to sin then don't smoke weed. If burning herbs brings you closer to God then continue forward. E~Z

Messenger: Chaka Sent: 1/10/2006 5:54:09 AM

Jah have some mercy of you on reading the bible on just the critical side ...
You can read the bible to erradicate from bad and do good ina morning and do good ina evening , and do good at night.
So, doing good purifying what you do , and what you think, you can get really the wisdom from the Highs , where Jah Rastafari I is sitted upon the throne !
So, I say it because Omnipresence of ALmighty Selassie , Power of Trinity, Mighty One , is ina everything and ego dont let you see...
SO love ... do good , work ina righteouss way and be happy ...
Dont hear to ... how can I say duh no if this is right ina english cause myself its brazilian and I speak portuguese , but you hearing this douctrine of devils , is being part of such sinagoge of satan.
Give thanks and praizes ....
Live Forever
Iternal Life for the King !
Jah!
Holy I

Messenger: White dread Sent: 1/10/2006 11:01:25 AM

Tefer Anbesa,
nicely spoken
One Love

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 102

Return to Reasoning List