Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1145&start_row=41

THE BIBLE SAYS SMOKING WEED IS A SIN!!!! (Babylon Lie against Ganja)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 102
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: one dread Sent: 1/3/2006 7:55:04 AM

lil prince thanks for stop this
cause remember:
ONLY JAH KNOWS
bless to I if u STOP
not judge anymore.
greetings.

Messenger: Dread Lion Sent: 1/3/2006 1:20:52 PM

Israelite Prince,

InI see how you use your ideas about God and the Bible to divide, insult and self-aggrandize.

You show that you are an indoctrinated mouth-piece for someone else's theology.

You would do well to read Bart D. Ehrman's books and "The Bible Unearthed" by Finkelstein and Silberman.

You really think Moses wrote the Torah? How did he manage to narrate his own death? Why did he contradict himself so many times? etc,, etc., etc.

If your spiritual life and your relationship with JAH depend upon such dubious assertions as your personal knowledge of the nature and veracity of scripture you are not on solid enough ground to help anyone else. (And I assume your presence on this site is supposedly to help others gain your level of UNDERstanding.)

Messenger: Israelite Prince Sent: 1/3/2006 11:25:49 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 1/4/2006 1:05:06 AM

Greeting Bredren,

--Weed does not make you Wise, thats why you can clearly see that there are a bunch of idiots on this board. If they were wise, surely that would be abel to refute all of these things. Simple things. The Truth is, Weed is only making you as stupid as dreadnut.

Brothers and Sisters who are Sincerly trying to follow Christ. Please Start attending the Israelite Church of God and Jesus Christ, we are the only ones that teach the TRUTH.--

Rasta is about showing others what I n I have learned and gained from JAH through our actions and thoughts, not by mocking those that do not believe what we do or what we know. Jesus Christ never placed his thoughts and actions over anyone elses; it was through his example that people chose to accept his message. Neither did JAH Selassie comdemn those that thought otherwise of His thoughts. This site is to reason, not to place your beliefs over those of others or to self-exalt.

I'm not exactly sure where, but I know that the Bible says that sexual sins (sexual immorality, fornication, adultery, etc.) are the only sins committed against the body; all other sins are outside of the body. Therefore, if smoking ganja is a sin, it would not be one that defiled the temple of the Lord. I myself know that for me, it is a good thing though it has side affects. Just as the Bible says that marriage is a good thing though going unmarried is also a good thing. To each his own and all things in moderation.

Lastly, there is the idea that Enoch was removed from his wicked surroundings, not taken to Heaven (Also Elijah). Jesus said that no one has seen the Kingdom of JAH other than Himself and God and the Spirit. Not to mention that Enoch was in his sixties when he was removed. So to assume that Enoch did not have time to write that particular book is just being naive and closed-minded. And if you are as well UNDERstood as you say, you would know that there were books that were not included in the Bible but that were significant, for example, the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Only an IDIOT calls others idiots for not believing what they do.

Peace and Love to All!
JAH Ras TafarI
Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 1/4/2006 9:51:14 AM

Blessed Love Rasta Far I

"Now all has been heard;
here is the conclusion of the matter;
Fear INI and keep INI commandments.
for this is the WHOLE duty of man.
For INI will bring every deed into judgement,
including every hidden thing,
whether it be good or evil. ECC 12.13 &14

Inna humble words nefertiti....
KNOW i-self and live accordingly. Knowing that everything the i ones does in body mind and soul is an action that has consequences that are contingent upon the i's INTENT. Action follows thoughts, so please keep the body mind and soul pure so that all actions have roots in i good intentions. That, i-fellow rasta is FREEDOM to do whatever the i desires.......freedom that knowing that ini has the i-bility to survive and willing accept the ramifications of the i intentions with grace humility and mercy. Knowing that the i leads the way to the righteousness in the i trod, regardless of the following or non following of others.

This is CHRIST this is GOD this is Haile I Selassie I(power of the trinity) rasta far i (no fear).

blessed love
rasta far i
haile i selassie I

blessed..

Messenger: Israelite Prince Sent: 1/5/2006 11:44:27 PM

First of all you misquoted the scripture.

"I'm not exactly sure where, but I know that the Bible says that sexual sins (sexual immorality, fornication, adultery, etc.) are the only sins committed against the body; all other sins are outside of the body."

This is what the scripture says.

1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

This does not mean that the only way to sin against your body is to commit fornication. It is telling you that EVERY SIN is without the body. That includes fornication. Fornication is unlawful sexual acts. (Masturbation, anal sex, sodomy, homosexuality, beastiality, S&M, etc...all of that is fornication).When it says every sin is without the body that means that it is a sin against your soul. To prove that, look at this sin
=====================
Eating Pork

Lev 11:7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.
Lev 11:8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

The commandment is not to eat pork, if you transgress (break) this commandment, you have commited sin.

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So its clear that eating pork is a sin. To eat it, you have to put it inside of your body, just like to smoke weed you have to put it in your body. So fornication is NOT the only sin commited against the body. What it is telling you is that if you do that you are sinning against your soul.

Lev 20:25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean (like the swine), and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean.

That is clear. For you to disagree then you are saying that it is alright to eat pork. You are saying it is alright to stab yourself. You are saying it's alright to lie (that requires your lips) which it is not, becuase the bible clearly tells you that alll of that is SIN.
==========================
Smoking weed IS a sin, because it defiles your body.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye (our bodies) are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? (It is meant to be kept holy)
1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God (the body), him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Here we are commanded not to defile our temple. Weed has 20x the potency of ciggaretts, that does defile you. It does kill your brain cells, and it does dirty your lungs.

Messenger: Israelite Prince Sent: 1/5/2006 11:48:49 PM

Now....the Post you made about Enoch is so dumb..... im not even going to respond to it. you got his age wrong, you got where he went wrong...you are just wrong. I dont care what idea you heard the Bible defines all thigs clearly.

Messenger: Israelite Prince Sent: 1/6/2006 12:08:39 AM

To further explain Without the body for those of you who may not understand. There is a difference between your Spirit and your flesh. There is a spirit in the body and that is what keeps the body alive. When the Spirit leaves the body, it is dead.

"Jam 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead..."

The scripture says flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. But the Spirit can enter into the Kingdom of God (also shutting down that stupid post about enoch)so for the sin to be without the body, that means you are sinning against your soul. Fornication is also sinning against your soul.

1Pe 2:11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/6/2006 2:50:36 AM

prince,

Herb does not defile the body and is not a sin. Where does it say in the scriptures that smoking herb is a sin or defilement of the body?

You are trying to make definitions based on your own feelings, not the words of the bible. No where does it say that smoking herb defiles the body.

The smoke of cigarettes does defile the body because the smoke of cigarettes is poison. The smoke of Ganja herb is not poison, it is a plant with nutrients that God provided for I and I.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Israelite Prince Sent: 1/6/2006 2:57:55 AM

We have been through this already. It is already covered in 1 Cor 3:16. There are many ways to defile your body, if you do it PERIOD then God will destroy you. I already been through the definition of defile and everything. Leave the weed alone and follow Jesus Christ. Or Die.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 102

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I