Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1114&start_row=1

I am Ras Truth Empress-black woman perspective:

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/11/2005 6:21:16 PM

This reasoning is and will always be important to me as a black woman and as a mother because my children are going to school in a society where black is STILL WRONG!!! they are still brain washing my youths with this Christopher Columbus nonsence! And they are ONLY teaching my youths about black history from slavery until now...I CONsider this racist. A man with no past will never know or secure his future...so in other words this society STILL wants black people to be LOST. They are not willing to give people of color what is theirs because then they will have NOTHING!!! I can not and will not go along with this one love nonsence because it ain't one love to those who are still stuck in the ghettos with corner stores on each block filled with white suger candy and pigs feet..that was not done by accident...white people know the greatness of black people and thier melanin...they also know that certain foods are not good for highly melinated people just as they knew the American Indians don't react well to alchohol. And I shouldn't speak of these facts within a BLACK movement because it is an offence to you???? My youths MUST know WHO they are and the greatness that they come from. White people weren't getting beaten and thrown into jail for having lox and praising HIM. It is comfortable for you to say one love and jah love, but go to any ghetto in Amerikkka, and stand through that fire. This race thing must be an issue because black people are still suffering from the reprecussions of down pression, slavery, and so on. Yes,Universal love is our goal, but this goal can not be attained until people of color(Indian,Mexican,african,ect..)are seen as part of this universe. Yes, things have gotten "better" for people of color, but you know things ain't that much better when young black women in the ghetto don't even know about breast feeding,will not CONsider even breast feeding their children, and will not even CONsider having a black doctor or midwife much less a woman birth their children!!!!!! This its self comes from Black women during slavery breastfeeding white womens children and not being able to breastfeed their own....Black womens children being taken from them because they had to go back into the fields and work the white mans land...So NO I will not let this reasoning go, It is my life my struggle my people who are STILL being tought that Africa is the "black" continent that African ways of life are inferrior...that their religions are pagan...Why is it that every other race can unite except black people?? Chinese have china town, white people have corporate America and their european holidays, and the list goes on...What do black people have??? the Ghetto...at least in Amerikkka that is what we are given, oh, and a few holidays that some businesses don't even sight for you to get a day off. Obviously black people within the diaspora have issues that must be solved, but they ain't goona solve these problems or heal their anger by forgetting what has been done to them or saying ONE LOVE...by my standards that is asking toooooo much.

What I speak is from my life and experience growing up in Amerikkka from the east coast to the west, and working with "underprivelaged" people within the ghettos.

Empress Truth
ONE BLACK LOVE

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/11/2005 6:36:25 PM

Don't get me wrong..I don't want to upset you in any way
And I know I will never know the pain and agony of being black in the white parts in the world.
But not everything that is white is evil..Iself is white and judge people on how they are and not how they look..When I say one love, I mean to love each other for who they are..This is a white mans world..and we have to change that..This is my perspective..and again I hope I didn't offend you in any way cause only you an JAH knows the pain you had to bear in this world..

Tim

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/11/2005 6:46:08 PM

Gives thanks bredren,
I will never say that EVERYTHING white is evil, and I do not judge people by how they look, but ones actions.
I do not apprecilove people of any race minimizing the struggles of black people, or trying to tell us to get over it and move on because it is obviously something that plagues black people to this day.

One Black Love
Empress Truth...

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/11/2005 6:53:37 PM

I agree..you shouldn't get over it... These slave drivers put the black people in a foreign land and treated dem worst then they would treat an animal..I think you have one love for the one that deserve it..babylon nah deserve love..they would take it for granted..
Keep on chantin down babylon

Love for all that loves the Most High Jah RasTafari

Messenger: Ras Truth Sent: 12/12/2005 10:49:07 AM

when the black mother speaks all ears must learn from here.
black love

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 12/12/2005 1:10:43 PM

SELAH

Messenger: White dread Sent: 12/12/2005 4:07:51 PM

Greetings bredren and sistren

I've heard the term "Selah" quit often..but don;t know what it means.

Jah Guidance

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I