Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1086&start_row=1

Spirit and soul...

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Sistren Mentewab Sent: 11/28/2005 7:53:19 AM

Here's something that has been in my thoughts these past few days. What is the difference between the Spirit and the Soul? Which one will be judged? What does one mean when they say 'his spirit lives on'? Doesn't the soul live on?
And then there's the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of the Almighty. Is there a difference?

Am I right in saying that everybody his filled with the Spirit of the Almighty, for it is this Spirit that 'activates' our bodies. In'I choose to possess the Holy Spirit, in other words we choose what kind of life we want to lead- righteous or wicked.

Please clarify all this.

KEDEMAWE HAILE SELASSIE, WOIZERO MENEN!

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/28/2005 4:10:41 PM

Holy Spirit- Greek- pneuma hagion. The third person the the triune Godhead. (Matt 28:19 2Cor 13:14) The Hebrew and Greek words that are translated "spirit" are ruach and pneuma, both literally meaning "wind, breath." So breath and wind are associated with the Holy Spirit (Gen 2:7; Job 32:8; 33:4; Ezk 37:9-10; John 20:22) Also there are other symbols such as the dove, (Matt 3:16; Mark 1:10; Luke 3:22; John 1:32), Oil is another symbol, (Luke 4:18; Acts 10:38; 1 John 2:20) Fire for purification, ( Matt 3:11; Luke 3:16; Acts2:3-4) and the living water(Isa 44:3; John 4:14) Psalm 139:7shows that the Spirit is the very presence of God HIMself on Earth. But in order to attain the Holy Spirit one must also attain Christ (Rom 8:9-12) Jesus Christ promises the Spirit to those who believe in Him John 7:37-39. 1 Cor 12:14 says that our ' body is a temple of he Holy Spirit" and that to be "filled with the Spirit" (Eph 5:18) means one experiences Christ living within. (Rom 8:9-10)

This work is is to dwell in the disciples as Comforter, Counsoler, Advocate; The Spirit also teaches all things; To help believers remember what His Majesty Say, to reprove the world of sin, rightousness and judgement.

Isis Itinual, Iverance Iniversial

Rastafari

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 11/29/2005 8:31:23 AM

Blessed Love Sistren

The Kebra Nagast say that JAH dwells in everything he creates, and through I n I Israelit scriptures we sight that JAH is LIFE! seeeen.
You have energie in every atom of your body, them scientist will never be able to explain that. This is LIFE. JAH is this Energy and Power which keeps everything alife. Without JAH there would not be any life, seen. JAH is within.

But as you sight when you look at all this living deads out there, them have JAH life but never realise this and give nuff Ises for it, seen. They do not even realise it.
The Kebra goes on saying that the Holy Spirit lives only in the Heart of the R'ighteous. Of corse all JAH Spirit is Hola Spirit, and of corse JAH LIFE Spirit is also in every heart, but sight what difference the Kebra points out: Your heart is the part which guides your mind, so if you let JAH in to be your guide, then you are of JAH and in JAH and one with JAH because he dwelleth in the I heart and the I dwelleth in JAH.

For me Spirit is the omnipresent, JAH himself. You can be part of it, but never have it for you alone, sight.
Soul is YOU..... the I..... and your soul can become part of the Higher Spirit... of JAH himself. Everyone has a soul. But in I overstanding this is not something supernatural.... this is just your physical I.... your brain and all that functions which tell you that you is you. Seen. The Soul is YOU. The Spirit is JAH. Be one!

Selah

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 11/29/2005 10:16:11 PM

In Amharic the definiton of the words Spirit & Soul are similar. Menfes (Spirit) is closely realted to Nefas (Wind) or Nefas (Breath) and Nafes (Soul). The Holy Spirit is the 3rd person of the Trinity. The Kebra Negast is correct in saying that the Menfes Qidus dwells only in the Righteous. However, every living being, including animals, birds, fish, trees, mountains, etc..., have a Soul. We are all part of the Spirit of Life, even the wicked. I hope this helps to clarify things a little bit. Selam ~

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I