Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1081&start_row=1

the ras diet

1 - 1011 - 12
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: ras knowledge Sent: 11/22/2005 8:19:12 PM

Im a young believer in this beautiful religion especially the 12 tribes point of view. I try to do the chapter a day thing everyday an see no better faith then this. However the whole ras diet is difficult while living at home with my parents being how im still in high school. How important do u's feel that the natural vegiterian diet is>?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/22/2005 9:59:53 PM

RastafarI don't diet, I and I liveth.

The Ital liveth is very important for RasTafarI because I and I temple is holy and is given to Jah, so to keep our temple clean we shouldn't go near a dead body.

That is not to say that there is something wrong with eating flesh for others. People have the ability to digest and gather nutrients from flesh.

It is just because of I and I trod that I and I deal with an Ital liveth.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Kike_Roots Sent: 11/23/2005 6:37:32 PM

Ras Knowledge:
Try to overstand that Ital is part of the livity of Rastafari, for InI its not possible cause my family likes to eat flesh. I am not Ital but it doesn't mean that you can't follow Jah so try to do your best and look for Mt. Zion na let Babylon food take power ova you.

Jah Bless

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 11/23/2005 7:06:19 PM

Blessed love.....rasta far i
Ital is essential, the body is the temple. I find that the parents will raspect your decisions even if they don't agree with it. Living with parent, just eat thier food(if u don't know how to make your own), but be conscious about it. My parents to this day know that i don't eat flesh and I do not require them to prepare special food for me..but they will make thier vegtables saltless and always make me a baked potato or two. It has helped them with thier health issues.

At the young age, now is the BEST time to make the changes, IF and WHen the livity is REAL for the i. This is an opportnity for teach oneself the way around the kitchen. Your mom may like having someone else cooking once in awhile. This is a good chance for the i.

BLessed

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/23/2005 7:29:35 PM

What is the stigma against salt? People die without salt. no good, must have salt.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 11/25/2005 8:44:16 PM

SEA SALT

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/25/2005 10:00:05 PM

Well yeah, I always use celtic salt or sea salt, or if I'm feeling fancy, flur de sel. That Iodine salt is crap and I would never use it.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 11/26/2005 2:50:16 AM

Not at all important. I lived for 10 years as a vegitarian, before switching back to a carnivores diet, and it didn't bring me any closer to God. Instead I recommend eating meat especially if you are in school because the extra protein is good for your brain. Some Orthodox Rastas observe certain fast days by eating only vegetables and no animal products. If you are going to try this I suggest consulting a priest first. There are specific guidelines that must be followed very closely. I hope this helps. Good Luck ~

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 11/27/2005 6:55:03 PM

Blessed rasta far i

No stigma against salt... it is not essential to add to food. Salt is a naturally occuring mineral foods, ya check. it comes from the ground and so iti already in food to the essentialamount. INI elder expressed to i to not use salt, as it means not to return to Africa.... I site that the biggest material riches of Africa, its gold, was traded out for salt..... see this for however the i want.

Know that the biggest addiction in the West food is SALT...It is legal and just as harmful as alcohol and manufactured tobacco. Leading causes of death in the USA is result of salt overdoese... heart disease and obesity and related chronic illness...

INI repeat again and again.....KNOW yourself. Ital is Vital, that is InI no-ledge of truth.

Also, know that taking a sea bath will equlaize the salt content in the physical body. If you don't have enough, your body will absorb what is needed in the sea bath and if u have too much, your body will expell the excess.

No stigma... It is a free world and u can do whatever u want. InI speak truth, not judgement.

Give thanks and praises to the most high Haile I Selassie I
Rasta far I

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/27/2005 7:26:20 PM

Yes I sistren. I use salt very very sparsly and I agree that all salt we need is found in our foods. Blessed love sistren

1 - 1011 - 12

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I