Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1079&start_row=1

Truth In Islam

1 - 6
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 11/20/2005 2:11:28 PM

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 11/20/2005 4:29:42 PM

Islam comes from the Geez word Selam, meaning peace. The Prophet Mohamet was actually illiterate and was taught to read & write by an Ethiopian. I am reading the english translation of the Koran, there is much truth contained within. Death to the enemies of God !!! Selassie I ~

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 11/20/2005 8:35:20 PM

Bilal was the Ethiopian who helped write the Koran.

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 11/21/2005 8:00:18 AM

Salam means peace.

Islam means Surrender, Submission, Obedience, Sincerity & Purity of Intention & Peace.

And thats what you have to commit to when making Shahadah.

I to am reading the Quran. I suggest http://www.IslamTomorrow.com to help guide you in the knowledge in Islam. Muhammad was still illiterate even after creating the Quran.

Please visit the website I have given, you can watch at anytime videos from the authorized Sheiks(Teachers). And on some days, most times at random, a sheik will come on and give a lecture and/or answer questions.

I have found although, that you cannot be a RastafarI and a Muslim because Muhammad was the last prophet. And that Jesus was not the Christ, therefor prophecy of the Lord of Lords, King of Kings doesnt hold.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: erbalisse Sent: 11/21/2005 9:26:56 PM

Blessings. This is my first post on the forum although I have been reading the messages for a short while now. I really enjoy the blessed vibe in the forum.

I am not Rastafarian although I love and respect the livity.

The same way you are studying Islam, I am studying Rastafari teachings.

I too have found that it is an obstacle to bring different sources of learning together because they contradict each other.

Sometimes I prefer to ignore any scripture stories that could be considered nowadays as "gossip", and focus instead on G-D's intentions that are transmitted in the stories. In the end we are one blood and all brothers and sisters.

Maybe because I was raised in a Jewish mindframe, I cannot understand the concept of "the Messiah has arrived". I feel like the day my inner Messiah comes for me, will be the day I pass on from the physical world.

One.

*Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength and redeemer*

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 11/21/2005 9:54:30 PM

Seen, onward one must go.

In my studying different groups, and being a RasTafarI, I have enountered many religons and beleifs in sects. I was born Baptist and became nothing, found Truth in God and after a year accepted Haile Selassie I(did not mean my learning ended after a year, I continue daily). I choose this because I found it cleared many things up, and I have also found this in Islam. Although denoucing Selassie would be extremely hard for me, so that is why I continue to study till I bear a great knowledge thereof to make my decision. My God guide and protect ALL who hold HIM in their heart.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 6

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I