Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1039&start_row=31

False Rastas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/20/2005 9:44:44 AM

Blessed LOVE PERFECT LOVE - Rasta far I

Beloved... consider overstanding all these languages or dialects or secret languages... instead of judging them on an intellectual level, why not be a steward of the blessing of possessing the INTELLECT and ability to oversatnd and type and write another "genre" for COMMUNICATION. THis reasoning has been very positive in the way that ones and ones JUDGE or make an effort to OVERSTAND.

It is good to KNOW the ways of the flesh of man that ones and ones hail up, the HIS-tory hail up the prefection of INI Creation..IT is BEST to LIVE RIGHTEOUSLY accordingly to INI... not u, he she me or they...

If ones follow imitate, in flesh -100%- HIM, Garvey, Marley, Emmanuel, whatever, how come no one here is the king of a nation, an activist, a mansion leader, ready to DIE in flesh for JUSTICE? Site.. how the language that ones and ones so stubbornly cling to can really point back to self. ONes and ones are ALL-WayS these things....fully

The title of this post is "false rasta" there is not such thing,, either one is or one isn't and it is not up to any ONE here to make that judgement. KNOW yourself. CHECK INI VIBES....
What is the penalty for not beign a "true" rasta
What is the penalty for not speaking properly "ISH"
What is the penalty for sucha dn such.. When u set sentence.. then it is the one u set 4 yourself.....

Iyahlic is dat....INI fe b INI, meh nah gwan to be slave fe the $ht$tem ..
Translation....

"Rasta dialect is EVERYTHING... All of living ones are to be Everyone united. I am not a slave to the world"

Lighten up on the speech and start with some LOVE here.....BE Stewards of the world that the most high as blessed ini with ABUNDANCE of RESOURCES......original and natural

One love one aim one destiny
haile i selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2014 11:04:28 AM

Ras Elijah sounds like a white supremacist.

Patois - our wonderful high intellectual language - does NOT equate to miseducation or the uneducated. What kind of Tom Foolery?

Would you say the same of African Pidgin?

Our Patois is a language JUST as much as English is a language. Both not being primarys but both using broken fragments from other languages to create a new dialect. If you knew anything of the study of linguistics and etymology you would overstand this quite easily. And see how commonly this occurs. But if its black people in a black country doing it it doesn't count? Who is the miseducated one? THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE CAME ABOUT IN THE SAME WAY So who are YOU to judge which one is correct? whether online or spoken?

Given the history and tie to slavery and our struggle in general makes our Carribean Patois even more wonderfill.

As PETER TOSH said "InI HATE to speak the English language." A language that has never and will never be able to explain or vocalise our overstandings of God and spirituality.

You are suffering from the syndrome of Slavemaster mentality.......Fire haffi dash your way

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2014 11:18:06 AM

Nefertiti..... Where's this powerful sistren gone?

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/25/2014 10:43:17 PM

In the years this forum has been around, many people have come through, the wicked and the Righteous and most in between. People like Elijah, and others that imagine all sorts of wickedness and vileness and think it can have a place in RasTafarI.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 2/26/2014 1:32:57 AM

I MAN COOL

I man cool
Yes
I man cool
With love and friend
I man cool
With health and strength
I man cool
With peace and joy
I man cool.

I man go sit up ina de lwa
An I man a medidate
But Wah!
Too much political terminology
Gwina causa agony
Too much sodomy
An too much bigamy
Chu!
No badda me
For I man cool.

I man go sit upon I ital stool a Yule
For I man cool
I man go sit upona Jah throne
An spat blood stain all ova Rome.
Wah!
Rome fight fe fame
But all im aims are all in vain
All de same im chat no one to blame
Him cheat I like an animal
I man is not a cannibal
I man is a spiritual God moral
I man naw go fuss nar fight
I man cool ina Jah sight
Yes Jah, dat de way I man are
Cool as a black star.

-ALANZO (IZO) ROBINSON

One day
One day
A path of dreadness
Shall open unto you
One day
One day
I
KINGMAN
DREADMAN
RULE

Look arung yu
Look arung yu
See you not Father Selassie
Walking into the houses of the rich
Snatching away dem firstborn an
teking dem to him bosom?

See yu not
Di more dem persecute
Di more dem shoot an loot
Di more dem persecute I
Di stronga an stronga
Higha an stronga I rise!

I light shall open the right
All men shall feel I might
That I man
I an I man
KINGMAN
DREADMAN
RULE

-IYAWATA FARIKA BIRHAN

Messenger: JahBuckihi Sent: 3/1/2014 7:43:04 PM

Jamicans are I brothers who got dropesed of somewhere besides north america. so if I speak with a lil patios slang that is just fine , even though I am from usa. rightious man in J.A should be honered that some man from elsewhere trys to emulate their speech. for those that pertain, we all all one , so like I say it is pure 100% foolishness to be up in arms over speach or writing! for I, it feels like a second lanuage, when im around "non-Ras' I speak english , when I site Rases Iman go on auto piliot.......it feels right! if only Iman could be around I bredrin an sistrin 24-7..........
" so back way , gawn wit all ah dat , Iman haffi foward " LoL

one perfect love all over the earth
Haile Selassie I Rule

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/1/2014 8:15:50 PM

It's important to differentiate. Rasta has nothing to do with patois. That's an island thing, under the experience of chattel slavery. Many of the none rastafari brothers who share the same historical experience can relate.

Messenger: JahBuckihi Sent: 3/1/2014 8:52:10 PM

give thanks Garveys africa, yeah I feel you , bout rasta diff than patios. just like where i grew up (east oakland california) we from the diaporsa all have a slang .... at least if u grew up inthe getto. and the I is relating patios wit with any other african getto slang. some say uneducated , but I say english is not I true tounge in the first place ,so be it. but yes true Rasta toungh is diff than patios and other so called forms of slang.

Haile I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/2/2014 7:07:43 AM

Yes I. Ebonics, patois, pidgin..... Full joyment.

Oakland stand up.

The brother ras Elijah I feel was dealing with confusion.

Give thanks king

Messenger: VoodooRuutz Sent: 3/2/2014 7:30:26 AM

Bless up n chat up All a da dialects a da African nem weheva InI done been scatter in whateva colonial criminal language InI create InI own version love n chat it ya deg!

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I