Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1039&start_row=21

False Rastas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: soul sista shirl Sent: 10/12/2005 11:04:49 AM

calm down children . why the i getting so vex . over one person opinion . there only one living jah .H.I.M. and to him wether you black,white , asian , or watever the creed or colour . jah is there.
love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/12/2005 3:18:42 PM

Yes empress give thanks for words of encouragement! Everyone just cool.

Blessed

Messenger: IRIE LION Sent: 10/12/2005 6:22:32 PM

IN SIMPLICTY OF HEART...SEEK HIM...

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/13/2005 12:05:21 AM

Elijah, I am writing this not just about that one comment you made, it is also about the comments you made afterwards. You made your first comment right after Ras B's message, so if you didn't want people to think you were refering to him, you should have maybe picked a better time to say what you said. It is possible that your comment wasn't made in reference to what Ras B said, but I doubt that because it very much looked like a direct reference.

But whoever you are refering to, don't mind how people talk or write. A lot of the times that you might assume that somebody is faking it, you may be wrong. And some people may fake it, but others have learned the language through communication with Jamaicans or others. It is much easier to communicate with someone if you speak their language. Just as people going to a new country will pick up the language of the country for better communication. Or people who go to a country or region with a different accent will often times pick up the accent.

What will you say if you speak to a Jamaican that is speaking their language, will you tell them to speak your language instead? I have heard of some Americans that go to other countries as tourists and get vex with the people for not knowing how to speak English.

This is a RasTafarI site, so expect to see people speak the language that the majority of RasTafarI speak. If you don't Iverstand something you have the choice to learn. Don't expect others to change to suit you.

And by the way, the language is not broken, it is well put together.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 10/13/2005 11:10:54 AM

blessed love rasta far i...
give thanks and praises to the most high for the healing words of truth Ras Ark I.... I's-up thanks and praises.

All love to the ones and ones...

Messenger: empress love Sent: 10/15/2005 6:56:05 PM

Over the years i've read your comments and respones and your very intelligent were are your from (native land) and what's your age? it might seem irrelevant but i'm interested in knowing.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 10/16/2005 11:14:54 AM

Empress Love,

Was that question for Nefertiti?

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 10/19/2005 7:22:25 PM

Ok, as for the timeline I posted my message in Ras B should not have been offended inless their was a reason to be offended. The Topic is False Rasta's, and that is what I am talking about, clearly anyone who has made it to this site I believe comes with knowledge from their own point of view that should be respected, so it would not be directed to anyone who makes appearances on this forum. I didnt downtrod how anyone talks, it is much easier to understand a accent from the carribeans when it is being spoke to you but not when you are reading it, for the most part because the government of Jamaica or any other island in the carribean has established a dictionary for the dialect of english.

Its not a language, it is a dialect of english, Sister Menen I said that it was a way to communicate without the slave masters knowing what they were talking about because it was of their native tounge from Africa also. Well how could this be if the first slaves of that area in the carribean and especially the ones who were deployed in what is now South America, had their tounges cut out, why? Because they didnt want them to communicate. Early slaves in America didnt learn much english or how to speak it from the slave drivers in the early days just the same as the slave drivers who ran Jamaica. But America had a headstart in teaching the language although the treatment they gave to the blackman was still the same, hatred. As for the carribean they still didnt want to teach them anyway to communicate and still cut the tounges out because of all the blacklashes that were brought on the slaveowners when the Africans retaliated but again again they were put down with more oppession.

To say that this is RastafarI speak is odd to come from someone as wise as you when TafarI didnt speak good english. Im not expecting people to change I just want to understand them like I said its easier to understand the dialect when its being spoken to you, I speak and conversate with Africans from time to time who share the same carribean dialect as Ras B.

And I find it also odd that TafarI's speeches when spoken in whatever language was never in a slang, and even the late Marcus Garvey. Garvey himself shyed away from it. No english is not a perfect language it is similiar to every language, a way to communicate.

Im sorry if I may have been aggressive in my earlier posts, I was cool, calm & collected when I made this one, making sure I had read and did external studies to make sure my post would be correct and proper.

Thank you for your time,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 10/20/2005 4:10:28 AM

Holy MOSIS I

One thing that urks me are Ites that force themselves to talk in a "Rasta" dialect. When it is so easy to type clearly, most not from Jamaica and still do it as a way show their better than another or for some other reason I will never overstand. Selassie spoke the languages he knew perfect and wrote so, HIM was about Education, so why do this, I will never overstand.

Dis was Elijah sightin' wha him was right bot him com' iverturn di
whole tin' an seh him no doin' fuckery inna dis JAH JAH site.
Elijah ya inna dis site fi cause bangarang , chi-chi bwoy I man
seen ya pos' an' kiss teet.Simpli cos Elijah cyaan ovastan' wha
Ras B tak ' bout so I man muss neba use mi tak dat I man iherit fram
mi smaddi.Ya pos' viry renk an' soft ya alweys trace one bradda.

Wicket man scatta an JAH SELASIE I arise
Selam

Messenger: nazaritepj Sent: 10/20/2005 4:32:31 AM

Mi brethren and sistren of this here site, why all this fuss and fight? Why all this talk of who writes how, or what language or dialect that the converstation be in? Who is among we that has been given the right to judge anyone else?, for InI thought that this right was an exclusive right to JAHOVIAH alone.
Please to make aware of the times. We are in the last of days, the last days of the earth and heavens as we know them to be. As it was in the beginning, so shall it be in the end. It only takes a moment to review the events of Creation, the events of weather and land that are the manifestations of JAH, His signs to us of the times.
When it is all said and done, and those who are left regroup and find one another, will it matter who speaks how, or writes in what way?
Please to no quarrel, please to no judge the brethren or sistren that we meet. Please to realize that JAH LIVE and reign within each one of his chosen few.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I