Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1039&start_row=11

False Rastas

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: soul sista shirl Sent: 10/11/2005 10:50:28 AM

ALL THAT TRU 4 REAL , I NOT KNOW MUCH BOUT JAH , BUT HIM SAY JUDGE NOT LEST YOU BE JUDGED SELAH

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 10/11/2005 1:19:58 PM

RSK, the Jamaican dialect derived from lack of education to the African slaves. HIM was about Education, yes, Malcom X did not know how to read or write, he educated himself to speak it fluently and have the ability to write speeches that would have a moving effect on the reader. He did not speak in a broken language inless you consider the dialect of english spoken in America is a broken form of the British english. I know Malcom X did not follow TafarI, but I am trying to prove a point.

Im not Judging anyone one, I said it urks me, yes it does because this is the way I feel when we talk about "false rastas" and I didnt point no fingers either.

I can agree with Sis Menen, I didnt mean to upset anyone, but I believe it is something that should be added to the topic of false rasta's especially sense this community is ran online and not a physical one.

RAS B, I could depict some of what you wrote and if you are upset, like I said previously in this post im not pointing finger, but as I tryed to read what you typed I could not overstand all that the I has said.

Much love to all!

your brother,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 10/11/2005 2:24:05 PM

"RSK, the Jamaican dialect derived from lack of education to the African slaves. HIM was about Education, yes, Malcom X did not know how to read or write, he educated himself to speak it fluently and have the ability to write speeches that would have a moving effect on the reader. He did not speak in a broken language inless you consider the dialect of english spoken in America is a broken form of the British english. I know Malcom X did not follow TafarI, but I am trying to prove a point."

Ras Elijah, the Jamaican dialect did not derive from lack of education to African slaves...wow.. that is such a eurocentric way of thinking.
What do you think Malcolm X would have to say to you about this quote above?

I can overs what Ras B is typing . . . and he may just not want ones with eurocentric thinking to overstand. THAT was where the "dialect" came from in the Islands: not wanting the slave drivers to comprehend what they were saying to one another. Not only does patois flow so smooth, it's a mixture of the "queen's english" with the African tongue...

Guidance

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 10/11/2005 3:23:48 PM

Um, sure, the europeans didnt give them formal education of english, so from what they learned by doing task for the slave owners is how they learned it. Its not a euro way of thinking, the same thing happened for the slaves that came to America and why the slaves that went to Haiti have ther own dialect. Malcome X after reading alot of his work would agree im almost positive.

And for you to say its eurocentric is def not correct, a euro way of thinking would be more or less the slaves were to stupid to speak the language in that era of time. All the words in the "dialect" reflect english words and the only thing that may not reflect english words is the slang used in Jamaica.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 10/11/2005 5:55:06 PM

Any words without the understanding of them will confuse even the brightest of human beings. Iyaric has very little to do with mis-education, even though they and InI still is being mis-educated, it has nothing to do with its origin. This patio, Iyaric, was created to downpress downpression, creating word through sound thus power to make heathen shake.

What is an educated langauge Ras Elijah? It certanly isn't english, although it has its good points. If you don't overstand Ras B, maybe you should inquire as to his words so that you might become "educated" on his way of life, walk and talk as a black man. Make sacrafices, make an effort to overstand others. If Ras B don't get you, he should ask to further himself, just as you should do with him.

Bredren your not eurocentric from all of our reasonings and i man observations, but understand that Ras B has more behind his talk besides wanting to sound cool.

Ras Zion Isis

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 10/11/2005 6:23:04 PM

Truth Dreadnut, although I dont agree with the statment, "walk and talk as a black man." because of all of the brothers in my area who do not speak in the same way and I recieve love from them for I thoughts & reasonings. And if you may have missed it before I wasnt saying RAS B was typing to sound cool, I was saying in general people that do do that and are not from Jamaica, because the general chat was about False Rastas, if you are apart of the myspace.com and other communitys you encounter these types of people.

Ras ElIjah

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 10/12/2005 2:20:47 AM

Holy Mosis

I man cyaan overstan' som'tin's di I's sight , bot dat nani
give I di rite to kaminikate di I's na associate di I's wit'
fools rasta.Seen I man no sightin' dat di I's mos' overstan
iverytin' RASTA type.

Elijah maybi DREADYNUTTY seen di trut' by sightin' dat di I
mus' edcucate himsef to overstan' di I no' wha I man sight.
An' fah di I's informasian Ras B need no college degree to
feel educated.

Elijah seh dat I man a "TYPE OF PEOPLE" , wha ya mean Iyah?
Is di I tryin' to sight dat I man ah fool by sightin' dat I
man was bin fayked by sightin' tin's di wei I man feel is
good an' fit nice wit di wei I man lib me life, Or di I is
sightin dat wha eba Elijah nani overstan' is fayked .?

Com' Rasta Ixplain to di I's outa deh dat Elijah ah Rasta
judge.

T'ank an' praisis to da FATHER na' let wicket man scatta

SELAM

Messenger: soul sista shirl Sent: 10/12/2005 5:48:52 AM

GREETINGS BROTHERS AND SISTERS I TOO HAVE ENCOUNTERED FALSE RASTAS BOTH HERE AND IN JAMAICA ( OR WHAT I JUDGED TO BE FALSE )... I AGREE THAT PATOIS IS OFTEN USED BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER SET FOOT IN JAMAICA LET ALONE BORN THERE ! BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE FALSE ! LET THE WORDS OF MY MOUTH AND THE MEDITATION OF MY HEART BE ACCEPTABLE IN JAH SIGHT HERE TONIGHT . AND TO QUOTE BOB , MAN TO MAN IS SO UNJUST CHILDREN YOU DONT KNOW WHO TO TRUST , YOUR WORST ENEMY COULD BE YOUR BEST FRIEND , ..... YOU KNOW THE REST I'M SURE . SO MY POINT IS THERSE IS ONLY ONE WE CAN TRUST , IS THE "FATHER "LORD GOD JAH RASTAFARI , HIM HAILE I SELASSIE I . LOVE PEACE AND GUIDANCE TO YOU ALL , GIVE THANX FOR TODAY AND EVERY DAY SELAH

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 10/12/2005 7:51:30 AM

Ok, im done posting on this shit, im just gona get real right here, RAS B I didnt say use a type of people, I wasnt judging you or pointing a finger at you so drop it? Seems like no matter how I apologize or try to reason people dont read I words, I know you dont need no college education to feel educated because you dont feel Selassie I want that, is that why? Well we soppose to abide by SElassie teaching so learn that education is a must.

Truth Ras,
Ras ElIjah

Messenger: RAS B Sent: 10/12/2005 9:19:44 AM

Holy Mosis I

Seen I man doan onli mean dat mi doan need college degree to feel
educated , bot I man meant dat Rasta doan need di I's acceptance
to feel JAH livity inna di I's concience.

I man a son of a SLAVE , bwaan inna Jamdung , sight fah di I if
ya mean TRUE ETHIOPIAN SELASIE or di one Elijah an' Sis Shirl
manifested ,di one dat preach dat sightin' tin's inna ones wei ah
livity is a wrong tin', an' di one sightin' dat all di I's outta deh
mos beware fah usin' patois outa Jamaica?.I man no ashamed of Isef's
originality seen.

It ah shami fah mi to seen I blackman sightin dat typin' inna mi
patois ah sign fah faykedness

Oh gaina Elijah I man doan need iny apologi fah I man doan feel
iny livity inna bikro bandulus inywei.
Fuckive di Isef

Let JAH rise an' let di heathen scatta