Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1028&start_row=1

rastafari CONFUSED

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: plmaokaneng Sent: 9/20/2005 2:31:06 AM

greetings to one and ones and may zion voice call on you loud!

InI ah new in dis RasTafari livity.
so me need a lil explanation on some of the following:
(a) what das is it mean when it say no sex before marriage, my opinion on that is, since rings and wedding certificates came up with colonization of the african mind and the christcian sect of missionaries, how did africans knew it was time to have sex? to me i think marriage meant the unity of man and woman in luv with the other, so to me marriage was that strong bond of love between the 2. i dont what it is today, may be explanation pertaining to the bible and the afrian history will do better.

(b) what ah da difference between christianity and rastafari. i think that His Majesty was a Christian (Ethopian Orthodox). what does the Ethopian Orthodox has to do with Rastafari(rastafarism)?

(c) i think im a Binghi dread coz its the one that is easy to access in my counrty and its literature is evenly availale, so what the difference between Bobo Shanti, Nyabinghi and Twelve tribes of israel rastas?

how do Rastas make sure that the herb that is made for the service of man in the Bible is Ganja? its because the bible just say herb and i dont any description of Ganja in the Bible.

(d) can some one qoute me atlist a single line in the bible that shows that HIM is realy in the line of David, i used to think that his majesty was the christ in flesh(2nd coming of christ) am i wrong to think so.

BLESSINGS BE UNTO MAN AND MAY JAH GIVE FRUITFUL DAY TO ONE AND ONE
IM OUT

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/20/2005 3:17:04 AM

welcome to the forum and much blessings unto you in the name of HIM

The subject of sex before marriage---

InI write on same subject long ago, pray, and now feel sound

Man is not condemned nor justified by laws of flesh and blood, but spiritual wickedness in high and lo places, meaning.......

me think very hard and long about sex and remarriage a while back because me wanted to make sure me stay pure, Proverbs 31 so to speak

after much fasting and prayer, InI inner peace set when I look to God and His law and abandon law of man

my conclusion: My husband is the man I cohabitate with, with or without the benefit of a babylonian decree, this mean our union is monogamous, we are one and Jah is center, this mean when things go bad, even if we part ways, knowing I have become one with this man, I must never present myself to another sexually or spiritually (adultery) this also mean my husband take the responsibility to overstand that he must seek the wisdom of HIM and must pray and fast to make decisions that coincide with Jah laws in that if he doesn't he jeopardizes the two of us; we are one flesh

the fruits of marriage come with responsibility

Jah has been here since ever since, before each shitstem of ideals, mores, rules, regulations---all laws shall change over time, but Jah law remains the same

Seek spiritual marriage, it will be valid when laws are not

RSK

Messenger: the rock Sent: 9/20/2005 3:24:19 AM

greetings

I think you answered (a)
for me
(b)His Majesty was a Christian (Ethopian Orthodox). in that if you are looking to him you must look to what he learned from.
(c) is up to the man or woman to find the best road home, but they say it many road but one gate.
About the herb,it say that evey plant is given to man, in bible it talk about wine,and it talk about incense,some smoke some like the wine.

"d) can some one qoute me atlist a single line in the bible that shows that HIM is realy in the line of David, i used to think that his majesty was the christ in flesh(2nd coming of christ) am i wrong to think so."

what is christ? And what other kings was crowned as it say in Revelation.

its not over

I give thanks, cuz most want rastafari to be CONFUSED, but it will not work.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/20/2005 10:23:44 PM

may I suggest the Kebra Negast

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I