Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1027&start_row=1

rastafari queen

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: plmaokaneng Sent: 9/20/2005 2:27:32 AM

greetings to one and ones and may zion voice call on you loud!

InI ah new in dis RasTafari livity.
so me need a lil explanation on some of the following:
(a) what das is it mean when it say no sex before marriage, my opinion on that is, since rings and wedding certificates came up with colonization of the african mind and the christcian sect of missionaries, how did africans knew it was time to have sex? to me i think marriage meant the unity of man and woman in luv with the other, so to me marriage was that strong bond of love between the 2. i dont what it is today, may be explanation pertaining to the bible and the afrian history will do better.

(b) what ah da difference between christianity and rastafari. i think that His Majesty was a Christian (Ethopian Orthodox). what does the Ethopian Orthodox has to do with Rastafari(rastafarism)?

(c) i think im a Binghi dread coz its the one that is easy to access in my counrty and its literature is evenly availale, so what the difference between Bobo Shanti, Nyabinghi and Twelve tribes of israel rastas?

how do Rastas make sure that the her that is made for the service of man in the Bible is Ganja? its because the bible just say herb and i dont any description of Ganja in the Bible.

(d) can some one qoute me atlist a single line in the bible that shows that HIM is realy in the line of David, i used to think that his majesty was the christ in flesh(2nd coming of christ) am i wrong to think so.

BLESSED BE UNTO MAN AND MAY JAH GIVE FRUITFUL DAY TO ONE AND ONE
IM OUT

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/20/2005 5:56:11 AM

Blessed love my sistren and blesings in the name of the Most High Haile Selassie I is is the True and Living God of Israel and of all Nations.

Empress, you have many questions but I am afriand that it is going to take time and Iditaion in order for you to make wise desicions about these things. People can give you facts and scriptures and everything else but you must make it real for you, you must see the truth. No mon can hand you your faith in your hands nor can he give you the spirit. God lives in you, that is why He called HIMself I AM. Sistren You Are, so when you recognize that in yourself, you will say I AM.

Yes sistren, Haile Selassie I was a Christian King. But you have to understand the kind of Christian were talking about. The country of Ethiopia is known for bringing forth the FIRST form of Christianity, which for all the doubters on the board, PRE DATES ANY ROMAN PHIL-LIE-SOPHY. But His Majesty said,

"WE IN ETHIOPIA HAVE ONE OF THE OLDEST VERSIONS OF THE BIBLE, but however old the version may be, in whatever language it might be written, the Word remains one and the same. It transcends all boundaries of empires and all conceptions of race. It is eternal.

No doubt you all remember reading in the Acts of the Apostles of how Philip baptised the Ethiopian official. He is the first Ethiopian on record to have followed Christ, and from that day onwards the Word of God has continued to grow in the hearts of Ethiopians. And I might say for myself that from early childhood I was taught to appreciate the Bible and my love for it increases with the passage of time. All through my troubles I have found it a cause of infinite comfort.

"Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" who can resist an invitation so full of compassion?

Because of this personal experience in the goodness of the Bible, I was resolved that all my countrymen should also share its great blessing and that by reading the Bible they should find truth for themselves. Therefore, I caused a new translation to be made from our ancient language into the language which the old and the young understood and spoke.

Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realise that the Bible is his refuge, and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution of his present difficulties and guidance for his future action, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great Message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible."

Now many, even those who call themselves rasta will fight this, but ask yourself something, if you say "I am a follower of Rastafari." What is it that this means when you say it? Does it mean that you scream "Jah Rastafari!" alot? Look up the word follow and disciple. In order to "follow" His Majesty you must emplimate every "Move" He makes. If you stray from His teachings, whose teachings are you following? More importantly what will be the result? I tell you that the road is foggy and dangerous, if we follow the only One who knows the way to get out then we ashured to saftey, Holy Mt Zion I sistren with His Majesty Rastafari, eternal sabbath sistren. Test everything you here agaisnt what HIM say.

Do you know why Christianity lifts the veil in weddings? It is to symbolize the breaking of the woman natural veil. That is what symbolizes marriage. You said " how did africans knew it was time to have sex?" Let me tell you first that all man and wombman come out of Africa and that African been having sex from the beggining before anybody else. Every wombman has a veil, not 4/5. It is a natural concept, not a Bible concept, although it speaks of it in the Old testament that when a "man enters a woman that they are married." In the world of the Hewbrew in the Old testamnet marriage was the formalization and sanctification of the union of man and woman for the procreation of children.

(Genesis 2:18-25)

This is what Christ Selassie I say in Mark 10 1-12

1: Jesus then left that place and went into the region of Judea and across the Jordan. Again crowds of people came to him, and as was his custom, he taught them.
2: Some Pharisees came and tested him by asking, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?"
3"What did Moses command you?" he replied.
4: they said, "Moses permitted a man to write a certificate of divorce and send her away."
5: It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law." Jesus replied.
6: "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female.'
7: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,
8: and they will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one.
9: Therefore what God has joined together, let no man seperate."
10: When they were in the house again, the disciples asked Jesus about this. He answered, "Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultrey against her.
12: And if she divorces her husband and marries another man she commits adultrey."

So it is very simple sistren.

what does the Ethopian Orthodox has to do with Rastafari(rastafarism)?

First of all, no ism please. This is the highest livity of race, not ism. The Ehtiopian Orthodox has been the vehical for several things. First off, for preserving the royal heritage of King David, thus creating the root and offspring for Haile Selassie I to come from the fruit and loins of Solominic dynasty fullfilling prophecy of both the Old and NEw testament. And within this coventant, we also can account for yet another protected item was the Ark of the Covenantm which His Majesty built the Saint Mary of Zion Church to house this Ark. The EOC (Ehtiopian Orthodox ChurcH) has helped to document and thus preserve the history and culture of Ithiopia, the land were the gods love to be.

c) i think im a Binghi dread coz its the one that is easy to access in my counrty and its literature is evenly availale, so what the difference between Bobo Shanti, Nyabinghi and Twelve tribes of israel rastas?

I could never even attempt to type that answer.

how do Rastas make sure that the her that is made for the service of man in the Bible is Ganja? its because the bible just say herb and i dont any description of Ganja in the Bible.

Every Rastaman?wombman is an herbfarmer at heart, INI must do we own cultivation. Yes I ganja for the service, of your heart, so it is up to ones and ones to make sure that they is ready for the servicing.

(d) can some one qoute me atlist a single line in the bible that shows that HIM is realy in the line of David, i used to think that his majesty was the christ in flesh(2nd coming of christ) am i wrong to think so.

I promise to write more on this tommorow, I ma very tired but love spreading the word of Haile Selassie I our Ture and Faithful God. Sistren don't loose your faith, you will continue to grow in ways that you never imagined with the guidence of Haile Selassie I. He is alive and well and is going to seal up prophecy as He promised InI of today and those of long ago, and everything will be fullfill.

A heart of strength and love sistren as you trod this path. May the Most High Selassie I guide you in your search for HIM and truth.

Jah Live
Ras Zion I

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I