Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1018&start_row=61

belief Vs Knowlegde

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: native root Sent: 9/22/2005 5:41:25 PM

the absurdity of a caucasion telling an african what rastafari is and isnt is too much.christians who think Haile I Selassie I is some devil named jesus need to wake up.this isnt a jesus trod,neva has and never will be.

Rastafari IS NOT A RELIGEON.stop tyring to make it one

Abbajahnoi Haile I Selassie I iverytime.

Messenger: Stalkz Sent: 9/22/2005 7:58:16 PM

"I could really care less if the Idren believe the truth"

"that I have been blessed with in hopes that the Idren will understand."

Well that's a little hypocritical.

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/22/2005 11:39:32 PM

All I can do is bring the message.

Messenger: Stalkz Sent: 9/23/2005 6:35:41 PM

Word.

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/24/2005 7:18:29 PM

Empress Nzingha should not mention having knowledge about the origins of the "white race" if she's not willing to explain exactly. You have to realize that when you make a statement there is more involved in what you're saying than the message of the statement itself; there is also the issue of context. When you mention special knowledge about the origins of the "white race" you are also tacitly challengin all commonly held ideas about those origins, and also you are tacitly challenging notsocommon ideas. That is why you got the response that you got. All I can think is that you either do not understand the nature of tacit comments contained in overt statements, or you are deliberately disimulating to make another point. Please respond.
The same principle of hidden meanings to overt statements applies to comments about the concept of race. If you believe in the single human race that we all have in common, then you should avoid the topic of race altogether, since it discusses division. And if you feel the need to use such phrasing, you should always qualify your remarks so that anyone listening is not likely to think that you are advocating concepts of division. Why do you think Ark responded like he did, and felt attacked by your comments?
A teacher needs to respect the mindset of the people they are addressing, and their mental processes. Your approach has been inflammatory and not conducive to intelligent discourse, in my opinion. Of course if you have some deeper intention that hasn't yet become apparent to me, then I take back what I said, since I understand that it is necessary to break some eggs to make an omelette. Sorry to the vegetarians for the analogy.
All these comments that compare Africans and Whites and their histories and qualities are really not respecting the basis of unity that we should always keep in mind.

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 9/24/2005 9:24:03 PM

"Too many careless Ethiopians have lost their way." {Toots (?)}

If you ever get the chance, check out "Alfred Ilg ~ The White Abyssinian". It's a modern documentary about the life of a famous Ethiopian Swiss engineer who became close personal friends with Emperor Menelik the 2nd. He helped introduce Western civilization to Ethiopia, is credited with having built the first bridge over the Hawash river, helped build railways, and acquired weapons to fight the Italians. My bredren had the pleasure of meeting the film maker last year in Ethiopia and acquired a copy of the film. There is supposed to be a showing at the E.O.C. Medhane Alem parish in Toronto (?). There is a monument to Alfred Ilg at His Majesty's palace in Addis Ababa. Check it out if you get the chance.

Abba Jonhoy Qedamawi Hayle Selasse ~

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/25/2005 10:30:46 AM

Hold on, back up, rewind.
The reason I stated that I wasn't going to explain is because I'M NOT GOING TO EXPLAIN, why can't anyone seem to understand that. I have no obligation to anyone to explain or not explain anything. It is not my responsibility to censor my teachings for the benifit of the white Idren. If the Idren have a problem with the truth, then the Idren need to work that out. I will provide council to anyone who seeks it, just ask. The reason I have witheld certain information is because the very same Idren who have decided that I deserve verbal lashing for witholding are the same Idren that can't handle the truth. If they could they would ask if there was anything the could do or say to get me to change my mind rather than attacking my intelligence because I won't, which by the way I stated at the begining. More importantly the only reason I said anything about the origin of caucasoids in the first place was so that I could finish my brief history of the world. The post wasn't even about caucasoids, it was about the history of the world. I find it very interesting that the only thing the Idren have to talk about or question is ONE SENTANCE which I felt to be self explanitory.

Is it the the Idren are afraid of the unknown?
Or is it that the rest of my summary was a little too acurate for some of the Idren.
I'm not going to apologise for the Idren or to the Idren as I have done nothing wrong and I'm not sorry.

Maybe the Idren should be asking a more important question, who am I to condem another human being for not placing themselves in verbal crossfire because I can't or haven't done my own research and therefore don't have all the information I seek? How can you insist that I explain myself? That has white race identity written all over it.
I gave a history of this planet in order to show the Idren that ALL of our ancestors are guilty of mistreatment of others. And that the only salvation for us all is to get over the diffrences between us and create a new free world where children are children and elders are elders and, most importantly, people are people. Where all cultures can be honored and we can all live and let live. What I get back is proof that cacasoids are seperate from the rest of us, BY THEIR OWN HAND. I tried to stick up for paler Idren by reminding everyone that the mistreatment started with Blacks against whites, not the other way around.
So far I have been called a racist, a trouble maker and a few other things that are just as inapropriate. But yet the Idren want knowledge. And as of yet I can't recall not having proven myself to be none of these things.
I have eluded to my true identity far more often than I have to the origin of caucasoids, but nobody has asked me for that information.
In fact I do believe the only thing that is being proven to me is that the majority of the Idren on this site are not true Rastas and it may be in my own best intrest to sever my conection. I came to give this information to the Tribe of Juda not to random christians who think Rastas are cool.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/25/2005 2:05:28 PM

Empress::mo fyah! Selah

RSK

Messenger: gideon Sent: 9/25/2005 7:48:36 PM

I appreciate your reasoning, and your response. I am not trying to say you did anything wrong, simply that you are not taking responsibility for what had to happen as a result of your posts. You have to remember to take into account where people are in their trod when you say things to them, and how they are going to take it.
Your comments stating that people on this site are not reacting appropriately for true rastas only prove my point more, that you should be more careful about what you say.
It's like going into a cinema and yelling fire. Everybody will stampede because of their own stupidity, so it is their fault, but could you really hold the person who yelled fire blameless?
Your response is going off on a tangent to what I said. I'm not getting into what you were getting at when you said what you said, I am getting into what would inevitably come out of it. And if you don't believe me, go to other sites and post the same message and see ifyou don't get the same kind of response. Althouth the comment on race was only one line, it was the most glaring line that grasps people's attention. You as a speaker should always be aware of your audience and understand that actions have consequences. As much as you are able to give explanations why people are wrong to respond as they do, you are also giving reasons why you should have known better.
Think about it. Life is not about proving who knows the most and who is great. It's all about love.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/25/2005 8:54:52 PM

The beautiful empress should not have to take responsibility for the limb others climbed out on as a result of her post. They climbed out there because they wanted to. She has shown know attempt to prove she knows more than others, quite the opposite. I applaud her reluctance to revisit the often repetitive subject; if you do a search you'll find the information is already in the reasoning posts. Also, when one does his/her own research, the knowledge acquired is that of his/her own, not to be questioned. PEOPLE JUST TOO DAMNED LAZY!

RSK

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I