Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1018&start_row=1

belief Vs Knowlegde

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/16/2005 12:28:01 PM

Hail Jah Rastafari

Brethren and sistren , sometimes i cant take what some idren are writing in the name of reasoning, but all i see is arguments. InI know that is not Rasta way.
In i mind there is only one absolute truth, and that is Emperor Haile Selassie is the Living God on Earth. After that everything else is open for discussion, reasoning, changing of views and so on.
But when i see some of the arguments i cant help feel the silliness of it all. For example i see of the idem have been talking about Adam and Eve and the rib....Now which man is going to sit there and tell me with 100% surety that the Female side was made from the rib of man? Was any of the i dem there when this happen?? Were any of them who wrote the bible there whn Jah is supposed to have done this?? And tell me...which creation story is the real one?? the Egyptian?, the Mayan? the Aztec?, which by the way all predate the bible? This kind of thinking reminds me of the muslim people who truly believe there are forty virgins waiting for them in heaven, as if one of them actually went to heaven ,took alook around and came back to tell the people. Speaking of " Chauvinists" , if the men get forty virgins what do the women get in heaven?? At the end of the day who the bloodclaat cares? Dont u see that it is just story like any other. The important thing is to take a lesson from it. Just becase the Emperor advises that the bible should be read universally, doesnt mean everything in it is fact As HIM said we have to read it with a clean hands and a firm meditation

I Am that I Am
I am in I Father, I Father is in I
Therefore there is no point in time when i was "created" for JAh is ,
JAh Was and Jah shall Foriver be.

Love

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/16/2005 2:21:50 PM

Give thanks bredren,

It not that we shouldn't believe the words of the bible, but rather that we don't take it all literally. Sure there are stories in there that are soley for the purpose of learning. Things that is in the bible that maybe ones won't understand until it actually happens to them. but the laws of the bible promote order. Look at the order of Bobo Ashanti. now I realize that not everyone here may be a bobo, but I'm using an example. If you go to the congress and ask a question, you will get the same answer from each person, why, because they follow one teaching and don't stray. Whether right or wrong its still order which is nessicary. King Emmanuel I set up that order so that ones and ones could learn how to do service call, sending up sabbatical order, reading psalma and so forth. It was meant to purify and cleanse, to get rid of the wrong and get in the right, put down all folly actions, folly words (curse words), licky licky, and so forth because we must be clean before Jah. no weak heart shall eneter seen, beca we have to be clean before we enter Zion, not clean when you walk in, clean before you get in. Like how Christ said that no man can go to the Father if you don't go through HIM, and that is because He gives us the order of old that we might live clean you know, eternal sabbath in holy mt. Zion I.

Give thanks for InI Redeemer is Strong
Haile I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: 1_Kings_10 Sent: 9/16/2005 4:24:39 PM

Selassie I

The beliefs that InI have stem from the knowledge InI recevie from read the Bible.. InI choose to belive EVERYTHING in the Bible as truth.. Jah is all powerful and for me to change the Word to suit my needs is pure Vanity.. And before anyones get upset these are my beliefs.. I've tried to use scripture to justify a life style that I man wanted to live and all that brought me was clamity.. There are enough religions trying to tell me what the Bible says and I never ever ever would have found the light of whom which I know is His Majesty Halie Selassie the First,King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Earths Rightful Ruller with out reading the Bible for myself.. InI choose to believe the prohets and choose to know that the Word of Jah is truth. If someone wants to try and interpet the word of the Almighty go right ahead; InI will continue to read for my self, regardless.. If InI want to heare some one elses beliefs I'll ask either way in the end/now I'll know the truth...

Jah guide

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/16/2005 4:46:43 PM

HAil I Brethren

True true my bredda, i was not saying we shouldnt believe the bible. For instance, when the Ible say In the beginning was the Word, I know that is truth, or when it tell InI that the herb is for the use of mankind, that is truth. I just want InI idren not to forget the difference of belief and knowledge. If something is your belief, that is fine with I but dont spread it around wantonly, or at least make one and ones know that it is your belief and not fact. In my life there have been times when i believed some things. but thru Jah guidance and meditation i have corrected those thoughts. So i say to all, when u believe in something, DO NOT push yourself into a corner.Always keep a way out because u might one day be proven wrong

I dont really overstand one thing u said brethren, " whether right or wrong it is still order which is necessary" Brethren you have to take me deeper into thy meditation because i cant see how this is truth. As i see it , if i wanted to choose ´"order" over "right" i would go and join the christians or the muslims right now but Fyah
By the way , Are you a Bobo, King?? i man need as much info on the Bobo order as possible. i have always thought that is the order for I man but after the emergence of Sizzla and Capleton and so on, i saw many man put on a turban and say them a Bobo just thru the hype. I am waiting for the right teaching before i make i trod forward.

JAh Love

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/16/2005 4:49:51 PM

Bless the I
One Love in JAh InI redeemer

Messenger: 1_Kings_10 Sent: 9/16/2005 5:03:50 PM

Ras Tafai,

In answer to Ras KebreAB "No"

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 9/16/2005 5:10:44 PM

Blessed love my lord,

I am going to tell you right now that Capleton and sizzla are not the shining example of the Bobo Ashanti. If you truly want to know about the order of King Emmanuel Charles Edwards, then you must contact the congress, or if the I want I can link him up with an ambassodor from the congress, or talk with Hon, Prophet Moanbeh on the reasoning board at houseofbobo.com. What I meant by order was that order is important, even if its for the wrong purpose, a bad man with order has a better chance than a good man with no order. Thats all. I would never encourage promoting evil order my lord, I'm merely stating that since InI represent Jah Kingdom, instead of Satan kingdumb, that we must have an order, the highest order which is the order of Mechezidec. There is no other order in the world like the one on Bull Bay. The congress call it bootcamp for Rasta because of the strength it take spiritually to finish.

If the I want to reason personally I will give the I my contact info and we can reason live over the phone and really have a reasoning, aslo that way I can link the I up with a member of the congress and give you a number and so forth.

This is I man house number.
1-503-274-7099
I would be more than honored to recieve a call from I brother in Selassie I!

A heart of love and strength to all in the battle for Right!

Blessed love Haile Bredren and Sistren

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/16/2005 5:35:53 PM

Hail I

I do give thanks for that brethren
I have taken down your number and will call as soon as i am able. In the meantime i will check the bobo site andthe elder you make mention of.
Give thanks for the clarification on your earlier statement.
Yes I i think InI can see I2I on this

One Jah Love

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/16/2005 5:37:27 PM

Good Evening Bredren
Let me first start by saying it does my heart good to see the bredren have peacful reasoning on such a volitile issue. Big ups to the bredren! Jah! Rastafari

Now I want to make some things clear for the Idren.
1. The Bible is a BOOK, written by MEN who were reporting on events they had seen or stories they heard told. THE ONLY PART OF THE BIBLE THAT COMES FROM ON HIGH IS REVELATIONS. Now does that make the rest a lie, no, not at all. It makes it imperfect, just as man and woman are imperfect. Some things are written in such a way as to hide facts that were less desirable. Many sections a encoded and some are only stories told to teach lessons.
2. The Hebrews wrote the Bible shortly after being removed from power in Kemet and therefore have few things to say about the Kemetic people that is not hateful. While on the one hand demonizing pharoh, one the other marrying his daughters. POINT OF VIEW is an essential part of decoding the Bible.
3. The Bible is essentially a history book. If what your looking for is an instruction booklet on how to live your life, pick up the Qu'ran. Remeber, every holy book is essentialy the same because there is only One God.
4. The Bible is not the oldest holy book, and it is also not the most acurate. Not because it is lies (most of it is very true) but because of the human element of error.
5. Kemet is the true holy land, and it doesn't exist anymore (not really). Before recorded history Black people had conqured the world from the Americas all the way to the Chinese border including Australia. (the Chinese & Japanese are not to be f-ed with, and never have been) Every continent has evidence of a Kemetic reign. And since the fall of this empire humanity has been moving backward. The human race is now less advanced that we started out as.
6. You are god.
7. You cannot find advice outside of self.
8. Everything you could ever know is already known to you, all you have to do is remember.
9. Profits don't subscribe to the religions they inspire, so you're on your own.
10. Never turn away an angel if you want to make it to the Kingdom of Heaven.

And realy i think that may be all you'll ever need to know. The Idren are brilliant they don't need a next man's words to be clean. Intention is 9/10 of any action, what you put out will come back to you eventually.

Love Peace and FREEDOM
Empress Nzingha

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 9/16/2005 5:59:33 PM

Hail sistren
give thanks for thy words of encouragemet

However,
"THE ONLY PART OF THE BIBLE THAT COMES FROM ON HIGH IS REVELATIONS."
I have always held the view that the only part in the bible which comes straight from Jah (no disrespect to the prophets of old) is the Ten commandements which rest in Ithiopia inside the Ark of the covenant with the rod of Aaron
i do not overstand why you would give more importance to the Revelations of John than the revelations recieved by Isaiah or Jeremaiah etc...

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 77

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I