Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=1017&start_row=1

Urgent!

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ras Natty_Lion Sent: 9/16/2005 11:58:06 AM

Greetings Idren,

From what I understand, Jacob(Israel) was the descendant of Shem. So as a new Bredren, I would like to know the connection between Ham/ the sons of Ham and Isreal/ sons of Isreal. Also, the 400 years of slavery, from what I read, pertains to the descendants of Shem, not Ham. Is there a marriage link that I missed?
Please help, all reasonings are welcomed
Praises to JAH!

Ras Natty_Lion

Messenger: Tefer_Anbesa Sent: 9/16/2005 12:32:16 PM

What's the urgency ? I don't think you'll be able to solve such a complex mystery over night. I suggest studying the Old Testament, especially the geneology of the Israelights, you may be able to find some clues. Also, try checking other sources such as the history of Babylon / Egypt. Maybe Sister Nzingha can direct you. Jah Guide. To answer your first question, correct Yacob is a Shemite. H.S. Semayawi ~

Messenger: Empress Nzingha Sent: 9/16/2005 12:59:07 PM

Bredren, I'm not quite sure what your question is. What is it that you are searching for with such urgency? You seem to have a question that is more specific that the situation you're presenting.

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 9/16/2005 9:57:09 PM

Might the I be searching for InIdentity? 400 years of slavery only pertain to 1 group of people, that would be the Hebrew Isrealites scattered over the Americas, the Caribbean, and elsewhere.

RSK

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I