Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=763&start_row=1

Favours

Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/8/2005 10:34:25 PM

People should use discretion when they offer another person favours. Many people ask another for a favour, and then later behave like the favour is something that the other owes them. Even though they never offered anything in return, they feel that they are so important that the other should do what was asked of them.

These people don't bother to find another way to accomplish what they want. They just complain or make "subtle" comments to make people feel sorry for them for being let down by the other and not receiving their free favour. And they think badly about the person who offered the free favour, for not responding to their beck and call. They don't bother to ask the person privately if they are still able to give the favour or how much longer it will take. They just complain to others or in public about their "ill treatment".

This is very disrespectful and arrogant behaviour. Why does this kind of person feel that they are so important that the other has to drop what they are doing and make sure they deliver on the free favour.

It is better not to offer these kind of people anything. If you do what they ask, then they will think nicely of you only for short time. And if the next time they ask you something you don't deliver their second free favour, then they will think badly of you.

There are other kinds of people who don't like to trouble others by asking them to inconvenience theirselves to perform a favour. And if they do ask for a favour, then they don't whine or complain, but patiently wait for the favour. They might eventually ask the other if they are still able to give the favour, but they will be sure to tell them to not inconvenience themselves by doing it, but do it when it is convenient for them. And they will also be sure to mention that if the person is too busy, then it is not necessary and that they are able to find another way to get what they want.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I