Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=639&start_row=1

Reward

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/19/2005 1:01:24 AM

When I and I trod through Life, I and I should do Good to our Brothers and Sisters because it is the proper way for Man and Woman to trod. I and I shouldn't do it to get a reward or praise from others. If we do things for the reward of man, then it is a man's reward we will receive, nothing more. If I and I do Good for Jah RasTafarI then I and I will receive our Reward from Jah. I and I should do it for RasTafarI, but I and I shouldn't do it to get a reward from RasTafarI because those ways aren't there for a reward. Those ways are there because that is how I and I are to Live, and those ways are there because they are example of Jah RasTafarI and Jah never seeked reward for the Good Jah has done.

When I and I Live by the example of Jah RasTafarI, then the blessings of RasTafarI will be upon us, because I and I are One, and RasTafarI will give I and I the Reward of Jah. But like I said, we can't seek a reward or do it for a reward from Jah. If we do it in hopes of a reward, then we are lacking the most important foundation of the Livity. The foundation is Jah RasTafarI, so I and I have to do it for the same reason that Jah do it, Love.

----------------
Matthew 6

1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
----------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 2/19/2005 12:53:11 PM

True I, bredren...

I know part of I and I reward is this knowledge itself. We are truely blessed to have both eyes open, seen.

Selassie I Bless

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 2/25/2005 12:18:28 PM

I posted this somewhere else and an Idren was speaking about sometimes you can give and give and people return wickedness to you. He asked what to do in these situation.

Here is I response.

----------------------------------
I think a person has to know for themself when to draw the line. If a person does good to somebody and they continually abuse them in return, then at some point I feel the person should pull back and put their concentration elsewhere. There should be some forgiveness so that the line isn't drawn too soon, but the length of time should depend on the person involved and the severity of the abuse.

In these times, Revelation says "let the filthy be filthy still". So my concern is more with RasTafarI people and Jah's other children. Too much time might be wasted if concentration is put towards the filthy because if the filthy will be filthy still, then they won't see Jah, and it will be in vain. There was plenty of time for that in the past two milleniums, but now is the time to let the filthy be filthy still. This will give I and I more time to help I and I brothers and sisters who still have some filth, but are not completely filthy and are chosen to move away from the filth.

But when I and I do good things, whether to our Jah family or the abusers, I and I should do it for Jah because that is the livity Jah has set out for I and I. And try not do it and then expect something in return for what you have done.

People often times expect immediate recompence that is equal in value that was given by them, but that is not dealing with Jah way, that is just dealing with the way of the nations around us, because they do the same (except for those that take but never give). If a person is One with I and I, and a time comes where they have a need, Jah will send a person to help them. It might be more or less than what you did for others, but that doesn't matter to Jah, so it shouldn't matter to I and I. Jah does good to Humans, even though humans do mostly wickedness in return. So I and I can at least do good to those that don't deal with wickedness towards I and I, even if they don't really help us.

Sometimes you might help somebody and when your problem comes, Jah will not send them but will send another person to help you, and Jah will send the person you helped to go help somebody else. I and I should be Living as a family and not doing things out of obligation, but doing it with Love. So don't look for help in man, because the help of man is vanity. If you come into problems, ask I and I father Jah RasTafarI, and Jah will provide help. Sometimes Jah will send Jah Spirit through a man or woman, and other times Jah will send Jah Spirit with no other human involved.

----------------------------------

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/1/2009 12:26:20 AM

Here are some other Reasonings I made related to this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
It is all about expectation. If a person expects better from somebody else, they will often get vex when the person doesn't behave like they expect.

I don't expect anything from anybody. The only person I expect something from is Iself. Since I don't expect anything from others, I don't get disappointed or vex as often because I didn't expect them to do better then they did. That doesn't mean that I never get vex when I see people deal wickedly, but I get vex less often and for a shorter period of time.

Also, since I don't expect anything, it makes I notice it more when somebody does something righteous.

I trust and faith is in Jah, not men.

I have also heard of similar saying to perks for works as described by Irey Iditation.

It is true that RasTafarI rewards His people that Live for Jah. But I and I are not to do the works for the reward, otherwise, the works are incomplete.

I and I were created to do the works for Jah RasTafarI, that is how I and I structure was made and is our purpose on Earth, to walk in the Image of Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I.

I know that people that say things like perks for works still do works for Jah. But often a part also does the works for the reward.

When I and I learn the mindset that I and I natural way is to promote Life and I and I make that mindset One with I and I, then I and I will never turn aside.

All of Jah rewards are given with Love and it is natural to rejoice when I and I see the rewards, but often we test ourselves and tempt ourselves and pay too much attention to the reward. Some people over time come to expect a reward for the works they do, and if too much time passes (in their eyes) without sighting a reward, and especially if tribulation comes and takes the place of the rewards; they lose their Faith and lose their Drive to Live by the example of Jah RasTafarI.

But if a Man's or Woman's focus is in One place, on Jah RasTafarI as I and I Natural Livity and Creation, then nothing can change them, because they expect nothing from the outside, nothing from the world, their expectation is only on themself, to Live by the example and Spirit of God. To Love their brothers and sisters, the earth, the heavens and all that is. So whatever the season be, nothing has changed with them because they have learned the full example of Jah RasTafarI.

Jah doesn't expect a reward for anything RasTafarI does. Jah RasTafarI performs all righteousness because Haile Selassie I is Love. No matter how wicked the people and animals of this world have become, Jah still deals with so much Love, daily giving Life and Breath, daily helping all to Grow and Rise to new Heights.

The Image of Jah RasTafarI is complete with Oneness. Mankind will Rise in such Greatness if I and I Trod in the Image and Way of Haile Selassie I Jah RastafarI.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 11/3/2009 5:23:58 PM

Yes

but, i wonder if...well, i think that, in life, there are things that we rightly or wrongfully expect of others, and then, there are some things that we should be able to take for granted, no big expectations, but the simple things, you know, that make simple human connections possible
i guess what im saying is, if i expect anything from someone and they turn out less or do less than what i expected in any way, thats my own fault, and i can handle that, but what really gets to me sometimes is when people constantly let you down over things you should be able to take for granted, things that should just ...be

You are right though

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/3/2009 11:04:48 PM

Look at how early in our Life that Cain slew Abel. Imagine, to kill your own brother over such minor foolishness. Look at the possible range of wickedness that that one act brought upon, the worse thing you can do to your brother. So some people will do various types of wickedness to their brother or sister, mother or father, son or daughter.

Hear this Reasoning I made before, it is about the low standards that people live by in these times. I give a couple of examples, but there are so many other examples of the same thing, including the things that, as the I said, "you should be able to take for granted". People praise people for things that should be expected, and accept from people the things that should be rebuked.

-----------------------------------------
People these days walk with such low standards.

Here is an example that shows what I am saying. Monday evening I was with I Empress in a nice Indian Restaurant and through the window I noticed an old man trying to open the door to get into the restaurant. So I got up and walked to the door and opened it for him. It was hard for him to open it because the wind was holding the door shut, I could feel the force when I tried to open it. As I was walking forward to I seat, a middle aged woman said to I a few times "you are so kind".

The problem I had with this situation is that the thought of saying that should not have come into her mind. If people were Living with the right Standards, then there would be no praise when people do these things, it would be expected. And if the person didn't do it, they would be rebuked for their lack of behaviour.

It is the same on the bus or subway. How can people not feel shame while sitting on a seat when standing next to them is an old person, pregnant woman, parent with small children, or anyone else that would need the seat.

There are many other examples that show the poor state of society. The people of the world need to raise their standards in Life. Wickedness will never be close to Jah.

Lower Standards

From early on reading the Bible, I made sure I remembered these scriptures I am about to write. I still trust, but don't get too surprised when that trust was shown to be mistaken. And when people come to I who show themselves to be better than the untrustworthy, I give Thanks to Jah RasTafarI Haile Selassie I, because I know that it is only Selassie that makes such a thing happen.

Psalms 146
[1] Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
[2] While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.
[3] Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
[4] His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.
[5] Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
[6] Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:
[7] Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: which giveth food to the hungry. The LORD looseth the prisoners:
[8] The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:
[9] The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.
[10] The LORD shall reign for ever, even thy God, O Zion, unto all generations. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalms 12
[1] Help, LORD; for the godly man ceaseth; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
[2] They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
[3] The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things:
[4] Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
[5] For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.
[6] The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
[7] Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
[8] The wicked walk on every side, when the vilest men are exalted.

Psalms 60
[1] O God, thou hast cast us off, thou hast scattered us, thou hast been displeased; O turn thyself to us again.
[2] Thou hast made the earth to tremble; thou hast broken it: heal the breaches thereof; for it shaketh.
[3] Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment.
[4] Thou hast given a banner to them that fear thee, that it may be displayed because of the truth. Selah.
[5] That thy beloved may be delivered; save with thy right hand, and hear me.
[6] God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
[7] Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver;
[8] Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe: Philistia, triumph thou because of me.
[9] Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom?
[10] Wilt not thou, O God, which hadst cast us off? and thou, O God, which didst not go out with our armies?
[11] Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.
[12] Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

Psalms 108
[1] O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory.
[2] Awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.
[3] I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.
[4] For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.
[5] Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: and thy glory above all the earth;
[6] That thy beloved may be delivered: save with thy right hand, and answer me.
[7] God hath spoken in his holiness; I will rejoice, I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
[8] Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver;
[9] Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe; over Philistia will I triumph.
[10] Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom?
[11] Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off? and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our hosts?
[12] Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.
[13] Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 8/13/2013 11:00:07 PM

People get caught up in so much vanity, seeking award and praise from others.

If they seeked the will and guidance of Haile Selassie I, they wouldn't occupy their minds with such vanity, and would not get caught up in the gossip of men.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I