Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=539&start_row=1

Distractions

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 12/31/2004 12:39:07 AM

People can distract themselves in many different ways. Sometimes we distract ourselves from the things we need to do to make certain accomplishments in our Life. Sometimes we distract ourselves by looking on the outside instead of looking within to better know our Spirit and Mystical capabilities.

The distractions can come in the form of putting our concentration into things that are not necessary. We can sometimes make projects that are not what we need to do at the time, instead of dealing with the things that we do need to do. Or we sometimes put our concentration into watching television, listening to music or reading books to avoid the things that we need to do.

It is good to relax from time to time and do the things that we like to do to relax. For some this might be watching television, listening to music, reading, playing sports or hobbies, or what ever other means people use to relax. I and I just need to look into ourselves and realize if these things are being done to relax us or distract us.

Even reading the bible can be used as a distraction from looking within ourself. Much can be learned from reading the bible, but I and I need to know why we are reading it when we read it. Is it to learn more or is it to avoid looking within?

If somebody feels that they want to search the Spiritual Mystics within, it takes a concentrated look within theirself and the exercising of their Mystical capabilities. We can see what the Mystics have done in the bible and be introduced to the Mystical, but we can't realize these things within ourselves without looking within. We can search and search through many different books, but no matter how much we search on the outside, if we don't search on the inside at some point, we won't experience the Mystical.

There are many different ways we can distract ourselves and there are many different things that we distract ourselves from. If we are honest with ourself we will know what is or is not a distraction.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 12/31/2004 8:38:46 AM

Seen. I agree with Ark I. It takes Discipline.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/2/2005 11:01:29 AM

"I do agree that We must not simply read the Bible and quickly forget it but should implement what We learn in Our daily lives. That way We are showing Ourself to be good and faithful students worthy of the prize that is in store for all of Us who conquer this world."

I think this paragraph hits the mark. Learn and live!

Jah Rastafari!

Bergy

Messenger: the rock Sent: 1/2/2005 11:08:52 AM

teff... good words.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 1/3/2005 12:23:22 AM

There is a time and place for everything.

I said,
-----------------------
Even reading the bible can be used as a distraction from looking within ourself. Much can be learned from reading the bible, but I and I need to know why we are reading it when we read it. Is it to learn more or is it to avoid looking within?
-----------------------

I wasn't bible bashing, I said that much can be learned from reading the bible. Haile Selassie I didn't read the bible all the time, He did many other things, including at least an hour a day in prayer, Jah RasTafarI Spiritual Communication.

What I was speaking about is sometimes people will try to look within to rise up Jah Spirit within theirself and pray unto Jah, and because of impatience and short attention they become distracted from the Iditation, and look to other things. And sometimes people in this situation will pick up the bible to use the structure of the verses to guide their prayer. There is nothing wrong with praising Jah using the Psalms or other parts of the Bible, I also do this from time to time. But the times when I and I have the intention to look within and exercise I and I Spirit. I and I need to learn discipline and learn to be comfortable in Iditation and comfortable with our thoughts and comfortable with ourselves. If we run away from ourselves during these times then we will miss this part of our being.

There is a time to rest, a time to eat, a time to work, a time to read scripture, a time to Iditate, and a time for all other things. If you never give yourself sufficient time to eat, you won't have the nutrition that your body needs. And if you never give yourself sufficient time to look within, you will never know yourself.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: SisMenenI Sent: 1/3/2005 3:26:54 AM

"If you never give yourself sufficient time to eat, you won't have the nutrition that your body needs. And if you never give yourself sufficient time to look within, you will never know yourself."

The Bible alone cannot do anything for a person unless they come with a clear mind and heart. Look at what the churchs are preaching, look at how ones go to church on Sunday and thief, lie and cheat on Monday.. there are some Rastafari that say fyah burn for the Bible, there are some Rastafari reading it front to back and others keep it as a steady reference. The Bible is a stepping stone, it will only be put to use when read with an open heart. One will not know themself until they've taken the time away from the distractions in life and take a look within. InI must know His Majesty within Self.. this is where HIM lives.

RASTAFARI

Messenger: gideon Sent: 1/3/2005 9:08:10 AM

What's discipline? As far as I know you are who you are. Discipline sounds like trying not to be free.

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/3/2005 9:37:26 AM

Discipline is all about choices. Discipline is about doing good in the face of distractions, and wrong choices, it is about actively guiding your choices to be righteous. It is about accepting that we all make mistakes and acknowledging that and working on learning from our mistakes so we dont repeat them over and over again. We are who we are with regard to where we are coming from but we choose the path and we choose how to live our lives.

Gideon, we are all independent self-thinking beings. our actions are not all predestined. We are not puppets on strings. I feel that you believe: You keep excusing peoples' mistakes by saying that is who we are (no offense). Well, I say we choose not who we are (we are all JAH children) but we choose How we are. Most are not going to change without discipline in some form. While some may not need much discipline, doing good comes easy to them, but others may need more discipline (from themselves for themselves) to live righteous.

Blessings,

Bergy

Messenger: NineMile2004 Sent: 1/3/2005 9:44:13 AM

Being free is fine. It is about being righteous and in the face of freedom of our minds knowing right from wrong. You can choose to make any decision (good or bad), that is being FREE. Being righteous is different from being free. JAH has the choice too but for him it is clear what actions is the TRUTH.

Best to all,

Bergy

Messenger: gideon Sent: 1/3/2005 3:11:54 PM

He who sins is the slave of sin. No free person does such a thing. Free and righteous are actually the same thing.
The sickness is ignorance and the cure is culture. Identify yourself and then you are free. There is no need for discipline, that is for slaves.
If you are a slave then you need culture to make you free. Discipline will only change the nature of your enslavement. It cannot stop you from sinning and it cannot teach you faith.
Faith comes by the grace of God and not by works, so no-one can boast.

Or do you think that discipline is a real aspect of African culture? It is not. African culture is about doing what you do because it is a free and natural expression of who you are. Discipline is a false concept they taught us to downpress us. It is based in low self esteem and denial of the reality of Immanuel.

I do not see discipline, and I do not see distractions. There is only one way, and it is by faith - the natural way. Natural and discipline are like oil and water.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 79

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I