Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=492&start_row=1

Marriage

1 - 1011 - 16
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/16/2004 10:32:37 PM

I married I empress recently on September 25, 2004. We didn't get married by a priest because I feel that Marriage is between a Man, Woman and Jah.

We hired a Wedding Officiant to make the wedding legal, but the Officiant played only a small role.

We first had my older sister and two friends read the following three scriptures. And then We read the Vows below the scriptures. I wrote the Vows with the help of the Most High Jah RasTafarI.

First Reading – Mark 10:6-10:9

But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and they two shall be one flesh: so then they are no more two, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Second Reading – Romans 5:1-5:5

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By who also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us.

Third Reading – Psalm 128

Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the Lord. The Lord shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life. Yea, thou shalt see thy children’s children, and peace upon Israel.

Vows

Our Love will always grow throughout all time
We will always be One, Love without end
I ask God for Guidance to lead us in His Way
So that we Live as we should, bringing strength to each other
I will always think of you when making choices in Life
You are with me in all things. We walk side by side
I Live to raise you higher and I know you do the same
Let us rise in God’s Light, the Creator of all
By the Word of God, we are made One

I give Thanks and Praises to Jah for Blessing I with I Empress. I asked I Father and Jah gave I my desire.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 11/17/2004 9:43:47 AM

Blessed love to you and yours..

I hop that you and your family have a great walk to gether.I have been married since i was very young(16),my wife and i have shared a lot of ups and down together,and i am happy to have had someone that can live with my way of thinking,and stll help me grow.I give thanks to JAh every time we get into a problem ,we work it out one way or a nother(cuz you know when to or more come together on anyone thing,in jah light,jah is there,in a matter of speaking.cuz i know that jah is here now)

oneblessedlove may all your off fruit be seen,and let the childern of jah do there works in there time.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 11/17/2004 5:06:19 PM

Blessed Love JAH RASTA FAR I

Haile I Selassie I

Thanks and Praises to the Most high for the I_bration of the INI bond with the queen. The blessing of the love in a union that i-rates LIFE....

1-love
1-aim
1 destiny

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 11/17/2004 5:16:01 PM

Blessed Love Ark I,

Congradulations bredren! Keep the faith rasta.

Higher Love
Ras Zion I

Messenger: empress1 Sent: 11/19/2004 8:08:08 AM

Congradulations bredren
InI pray that you and your empress live as one with love and prosperity as long as JAH allow.
More Love. More Life.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 11/22/2004 12:34:40 AM

I give thanks for the Blessings and Strength.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 5/22/2012 7:02:43 AM

Greetingz bredren and sistren,

Iman would like to reason on the issue of monogamy and polygamy. Did HIM say anything on that?

Jah Bless

Messenger: jah-spear Sent: 5/22/2012 7:40:28 AM

As Rastafari InI must follow the ways of His Majesty. His majesty had one wife and one wife only, Empress Menen I. So InI should have only one empress as well. Praises to H.I.M Jah-Spear

Messenger: RasRanga Sent: 5/23/2012 9:56:02 AM

jah-spear
iman agree with the I, but there is a bredren i was reasoning with pon di matter and the I sed it is ancient ways to have many wives so the bredren sights it as right.

Ises unto the Most High Jah Rastafari

Messenger: jah-spear Sent: 5/23/2012 10:51:17 AM

Ras Ranga, The I's bredren must realize that just because something is ancient that doesn't make it right. Murder, prostitution, and thievery are also ancient things, but these things are not right. In Genesis 2:24 it is written "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his WIFE: and they shall be one flesh" This scripture does not say that man shall cleave to his wives, but to his wife. Wife is a singular noun which implies that InI should have only a single wife. This is the perfect way. This is the way of His Majesty. Praises to H.I.M jah-spear

1 - 1011 - 16

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I