Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=3570&start_row=1

The Messenger Jah Sent

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/11/2009 1:23:53 AM

I first made this reasoning in 2003 in the topic

The Nazarite Vow

I wanted to forward it again to show people what Jah showed I through His Messenger.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
When I first started my trod with RasTafarI, I didn't know why the grape was singled out as something I and I should stay away from. Even though I didn't know, I accepted it anyway and abstained from anything from the grape vine, and stayed away from all alcohol and flesh.

After a couple of years, I started asking Jah to show I why I shouldn't eat grapes. He finally gave I the answer one summer.

In 1998, I was visiting my parents in a small town where I used to live, in Canada. I went to a park there that I have been to often in the past, and sat down and had some Ganja.

As I was sitting an old Mexican man started walking in my direction. Birds followed him as he came towards I. The Mexican man looked like a homeless man, I never saw him before in my life and I never saw him again afterward. And it is strange for something like this to happen in that town, because their was only one lady that appears homeless in that city, and even she wasn't really a vagrant, because she owned property, but she was poor.

The man asked if he could sit down beside I, and I said "OK". He said to I, "The birds followed me here, I can talk to the birds, you know". He then started speaking in Spanish to the birds. I noticed one of the birds walking in a shy kind of manner and the man said to I, "that one is shy".

The town is off of the St.Lawrence River in Canada. He pointed across the river towards the U.S.A and said to I, "you want to fight them" and then he shook his head and said, "the fight is not there, it is here" while pointing to his head.

He then held up a paper bag that had a can of beer in it and said, "I sometimes drink beer, but I don't like to drink wine because it brings down my powers"

So this was the answer to I question. There must be some property in grape that hinders I and I spiritual powers. For a Nazarite, this is unacceptable, because I and I are to be separated unto Jah and be holy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the main reason I wanted to bring this forward again:
------------------------------------------------------------
The town is off of the St.Lawrence River in Canada. He pointed across the river towards the U.S.A and said to I, "you want to fight them" and then he shook his head and said, "the fight is not there, it is here" while pointing to his head.
------------------------------------------------------------

This is a great Teaching, I have refused it many times since Jah sent the Messenger, but I must now Learn to accept it an refuse it no more.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/12/2009 4:05:01 PM

Blessed Ises

Yes i, very interesting indeed.

"the fight is not there, it is here"
A very true teaching indeed

It reminds i why i have always loved the eastern martial arts aesthetics, which a lot of people fail to see....all they see is flying punches and kicks....they do not see that it is not about fighting others at all, but about fighting your own demons through self discipline and meditation.
Same way, i notice that, all some see about ini is the fire ini dash pon wickidness, but they do not sight the fire ini walk through everyday.

Yes, the real battle is within oneself.
Only when ini conquer our own faults and weakness can ini become the Light of Truth.
And in the end, that is all that is required of ini

When one becomes,and shines forth the Light, one will always be surrounded by goodness and mercy. And all those who are similar, all those who also shine the Light will see and recognise it from the four corners of the earth, and they shall be your family.

But then, what about those who are of the Dark?

Well, there are two kinds of people who are of the Dark.
There are those who are in the dark simply because they have never yet seen any other way to be
And there there are those in the dark because they are their father lucifer`s children. They are those who work in darkness while pretending( within themselves) that they are of the Light

So what happens when one who is and shines forth the Light of Truth comes in contact with those in the dark.
You will be a blessing unto those who never knew any other way to be, because as soon as they see the light, they will see what has been missing in their life all along...and hopefully they will have the strength to push out of the darkness.

And what about those who know the difference between the Light and darkness but stay in the dark while telling themselves that they are of the Light?
Well, they wont be able to stand you, for you will be a reminder unto them of how much of a lie their whole life is based on.
And if they cant stand you, they will either flee from you, or they will fight against you.
If they flee, no need for you to chase them, they are only headed to the bottomless pit.
And if they decide to fight against you, then you have nothing to fear for Jah shall be your shield and buckler.

Just a humble opinion

Holy I Selassie I Jah Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/13/2009 12:52:52 PM

Greetings...

In reading, the other day, I came across something that spoke to some of the points that both the I's have been speaking of. There is an Ethiopian saint who lived as a hermit, traveled to the deserts of Kemet I believe, his name was Abba Kiddus Moses (not the OT Moses)...This hermetic monk was called to a gathering of bredrin who were planning to discipline a brother, whom they saw as guilty...

"They assembled the brothers, and sent a message to Moses telling him to come. But he would not come. Then the presbyter sent again saying, "Come, for the gathering of monks is waiting for you." Moses got up and went. He took with him an old basket which he filled with sand and carried it on his back. They went to meet him and said, "What does this mean Abba?" He said, "My sins run out behind me and I do not see them and I have come here today to judge another"

...a parable enacted...

Selam

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/14/2009 6:09:20 AM

Very nice, iyah.
I do not think i have heard of Abba Kiddus Moses. I am assuming the i read this from a book...or is it on the net ?.........but i am interested what book the i found this on. Sounds like a book where one would find plenty interesting things

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/15/2009 7:37:35 AM

Hail Ras! Nice to see the I back, and a joy to see an I look inward for Self examination, a lesson for all of I to follow for sure...

Abba Moses, aka Moses the Ethiopian, and Moses the Black, was either an Egyptian born Ethiopian, or an Ethiopian who traveled to Egypt and stayed there, either way he is always referred to as an Ethiopian. The I can google Saint Moses the Ethiopian and most sites will give the same brief history regarding the Saint. In the EOTC I haven't seen him depicted in iconography, never the less I'd be surprised if the average Qes hadn't heard of him.

Anyways...the book is a translation of "Sayings of the Desert Fathers," in the Egyptian, Syrian, and Palestinian (and of course they forget to say Ethiopian) deserts there were a great many monks turned hermits in the 300-400 AD time frame. Some of these monks came to be known as the Desert Fathers and are well known for their teachings. The translation I'm reading is beautiful, and has been a real joy, I'd encourage everyone to try and seek out sayings of the Desert Fathers very powerful indeed...

Selam

Messenger: Jah Bird Sent: 6/15/2009 2:34:15 PM

GIVE THANKS IYAH

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 6/16/2009 10:25:03 AM

Yes I, give thanks indeed.

I googled it, and i have just been reading about Moses the Black

Yes, i am going to try to get the book as soon as i am able.

This is most interesting.
On a personal note, it is even more of an interest to i, because in i own family there is an oral trodition of i own great grandfather travelling on foot through the desert from Ithiopia to Jerusalem.

Give thanks again.
Rastafari

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 6/16/2009 10:29:07 AM

Give Thanks for sharing that I...that's very powerful...truly...

Selam

Messenger: Ras I-Tom Sent: 6/16/2009 10:41:56 AM

SunOfMan, give thanks for the information on the book. I will look into getting a copy.

Ras Kebre, give thanks for sharing that. Powerfull indeed.

Baruk Fiqir!

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 6/16/2009 11:33:29 AM

Ras KebreAB,

Does the I have any more information of your great grandfather's travels? For example, why did he trod to Jerusalem?

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I